blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 2409 2410 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13408536 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36075 on: April 01, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »

Carlsen is definitely going to lose.

We now need Ivanchuk to beat Kramnik.

Anyone else feeling slightly sick?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36076 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:26 PM »

Hi Tikay,

I am a sport fan in general but particularly the stuff on the other side of the pond (MLB, NHL, PGA golf in particular). I am also a gambler who is attempting to be a lot more selective in his punts by sticking to what he knows. However, in an effort to learn more and in the interests of fun at smaller stakes, I have been following this thread since Cheltenham and placing a few selected bets (hence my question about the NR in the FGS bets).

Regarding the bets in question I have a US based friend who primarily bets tennis (particular the WTA stuff) and who has posted some impressive yearly figures. He told me at the start of the year that 365 is often way off on their totals on tennis and MLB, and slow to adjust them, so to keep an eye on them when the season rolled around. Sure enough he appears to be spot on. Every other book is near enough completely in line with Pinny.

Good stuff, & you clearly do your homework.

"redarmi" has suggested the prices are so bad (= good, as in "wrong") that maybe it will result in a palp, & subsequent Account Closure. Hardly worth losing an Account for £30 or so, so I need to go have a little dither now in a dark corner.

But whatever we decide about this one, I hope you hang around, & contribute some stuff, we need new blood.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36077 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:36 PM »

Hi Red. Is palped something to do with arbing? Could they refuse a payout on that basis? I've basically had a max (for me) on the first two I mentioned and a strong bet on the third plus parlayed them for a smaller amount.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36078 on: April 01, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »

Ha.

Don't be fretting (well, not for Fred), these things happen, & I have no regrets about the bet, none at all.

It really is becoming one of those days, we could kiss goodbye to over £200 at this rate. Oooooh.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36079 on: April 01, 2013, 06:51:57 PM »

Hi Red. Is palped something to do with arbing? Could they refuse a payout on that basis? I've basically had a max (for me) on the first two I mentioned and a strong bet on the third plus parlayed them for a smaller amount.

I think the quotes have changed since your first post?...u5.5 has become under u4.5 on the Reds game for example

good luck though, watching closely and have a particular game I thought was mis-priced that I am watching (KC at CWS)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36080 on: April 01, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »

On the prospect of Ivanchuk saving Carlsen's bacon:

Mig Greengard @chessninja   14m
Carlsen is toast but still wins event if Kramnik loses. And Ivanchuk will never have to pay for a drink in Norway for the rest of his life

Garry Kasparov @Kasparov63   13m
Not just free drinks in Norway for Ivanchuk, @chessninja. They will give him a pension for life, maybe a car, mansion...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36081 on: April 01, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »

Hi Tikay,

I am a sport fan in general but particularly the stuff on the other side of the pond (MLB, NHL, PGA golf in particular). I am also a gambler who is attempting to be a lot more selective in his punts by sticking to what he knows. However, in an effort to learn more and in the interests of fun at smaller stakes, I have been following this thread since Cheltenham and placing a few selected bets (hence my question about the NR in the FGS bets).

Regarding the bets in question I have a US based friend who primarily bets tennis (particular the WTA stuff) and who has posted some impressive yearly figures. He told me at the start of the year that 365 is often way off on their totals on tennis and MLB, and slow to adjust them, so to keep an eye on them when the season rolled around. Sure enough he appears to be spot on. Every other book is near enough completely in line with Pinny.

"redarmi" has suggested the prices are so bad (= good, as in "wrong") that maybe it will result in a palp, & subsequent Account Closure. Hardly worth losing an Account for £30 or so, so I need to go have a little dither now in a dark corner.

But whatever we decide about this one, I hope you hang around, & contribute some stuff, we need new blood.

Ah, I wouldn't want you to get your account shut tikay. I'm not restricted and probably lost enough there during Chelt (thanks to Neil I won everywhere else!) to get it through.

I'll definitely stick around, thanks for having me.

@fairwaywedge
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36082 on: April 01, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »

Ha.

Don't be fretting (well, not for Fred), these things happen, & I have no regrets about the bet, none at all.

It really is becoming one of those days, we could kiss goodbye to over £200 at this rate. Oooooh.

Someone has suggested on a simulation that the chance of both Carlsen and Kramnik losing today was <1%

Maths or no maths, whatever happens in the next hour, this will be a day to go down in chess history.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36083 on: April 01, 2013, 06:57:27 PM »

I think the quotes have changed since your first post?...u5.5 has become under u4.5 on the Reds game for example

good luck though, watching closely and have a particular game I thought was mis-priced that I am watching (KC at CWS)

Well I missed the bus due to ditherage then, but a great learning exercise nonetheless.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36084 on: April 01, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »

Ha.

Someone has suggested on a simulation that the chance of both Carlsen and Kramnik losing today was <1%

Maths or no maths, whatever happens in the next hour, this will be a day to go down in chess history.

Might be a day to go down in Fred history, too........

Hard to believe they could both lose today, though, what a thing!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36085 on: April 01, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »

Hi Tikay,

Ah, I wouldn't want you to get your account shut tikay. I'm not restricted and probably lost enough there during Chelt (thanks to Neil I won everywhere else!) to get it through.

I'll definitely stick around, thanks for having me.

Top stuff, be good to have an extra man on board.

We will deffo get you a bet on, so keep the suggestions coming, please.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36086 on: April 01, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »

No worries. I'll keep my eyes open and chime in as and when. As TightEnd says, they amended the lines across the board now so value had I guess.

@fairwaywedge
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #36087 on: April 01, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »

A bit of controversy from the Darts, seemingly the Board was at the wrong height for last nights session which does make some sense as only 2 out of 16 players managed over a 90 average. MvG  was 87.5 and Painter 77 which he reckons is his worst average at a main tour event since he's been a pro.
So much for German efficiency
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36088 on: April 01, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »

Repeat after me:

Boom.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36089 on: April 01, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »

Repeat after me:

Boom.

BOOM!

Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 2409 2410 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: