blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3269 3270 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 3276 3277 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 14113334 times)
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #49080 on: August 18, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »

Can't have Chelsea as equals (or betters) of the Manchester clubs unless they buy a really top class striker in the next two weeks.

Chelsea backers overestimating the amount of game time Abramovich's play thing Torres is going to get?

They looked great in all areas of the pitch (except Terry obv) but Torres remains out of touch to my eye.

Compared with RVP and Aguero, there's a huge gulf in class imo.

I think today was interesting because last time Mourinho managed Chelsea they were very dominant but played in a very specific way and really did not press home their advantage once they had hit the front.  Mourinho's previous Chelsea sides won a lot of games 1-0 and 2-0 and eased up when they were a couple of goals in front.  As such they never really conformed to the normal poisson distributions that you would expect from teams that were 1.5 goal faves.  Today looked very much the same to me and it may be something we can take advantage of.  A manager certainly has the ability to make all of the odds compilers models wrong if he decides to play in a certain way.  I'm going to run some numbers from last time he was there and take it from there but definitely an interesting angle.

this was something I wrote about in my tipping column this morning

"Chelsea under Mourinho are an interesting proposition. All the defensive solidity that was a hall-mark of the previous Mourinho Chelsea era remains, with Cech behind three of Cahill,Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry and Cole but there is now a huge number of attacking options with Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Lampard supporting Torres and/or Demba Ba

It will be interesting to see if the old Mourinho approach of going ahead and then controlling the game applies, compared to the Chelsea last season of all out attack"

very much looked like it was go ahead, control the game and not really worried about running the score up to me today. Probably the opposite of what Pellegrini might do, too

I would be wary of Chelsea supremacies, and favouring backing them to win to nil against bottom half teams in the league at home

"An alternative is to back Chelsea to win to nil at virtually even money with BetVictor and back the combination of a parsimonious approach, Mourinho's style in the Premier League, and Hull City's likely approach to pay off in that way"

http://www.betpal.com/premier-league-betting-preview-sunday-18th-august-tottenham-and-chelsea-enter-the-fray

and he's still to lose at home in the prem!

Carpe Diem
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49081 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »

Nicola cortese led a team of wealthy investors, buying Southampton out of admin. Two promotions and 36m of spend this off-season, cortese has designs on the top six. Very ambitious club now

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #49082 on: August 18, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »

Can't have Chelsea as equals (or betters) of the Manchester clubs unless they buy a really top class striker in the next two weeks.

Chelsea backers overestimating the amount of game time Abramovich's play thing Torres is going to get?

They looked great in all areas of the pitch (except Terry obv) but Torres remains out of touch to my eye.

I think today was interesting because last time Mourinho managed Chelsea they were very dominant but played in a very specific way and really did not press home their advantage once they had hit the front.  Mourinho's previous Chelsea sides won a lot of games 1-0 and 2-0 and eased up when they were a couple of goals in front.  As such they never really conformed to the normal poisson distributions that you would expect from teams that were 1.5 goal faves.  Today looked very much the same to me and it may be something we can take advantage of.  A manager certainly has the ability to make all of the odds compilers models wrong if he decides to play in a certain way.  I'm going to run some numbers from last time he was there and take it from there but definitely an interesting angle.

Looked into this a bit further.  In the first three years he was at Stamford Bridge (I have missed out the last season because I cba to find the exact date he left) they played 114 league games and won 42 of them 1-0 or 2-0 which is 36% of the games they played.  i would normally expect a team of that type to win between 20-25% of their games by such a margin.  I think this marries fairly well with what I have seen with my own eyes although possibly it is more pronounced on the road.  Interesting anyway....sorry if I am rambling.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49083 on: August 18, 2013, 08:40:02 PM »

Have only skimmed today's Fredisms but Tikay you seem to have been on fire today: zinger after zinger. Like a gruffer, more authoritiative Groucho Marx.

Coentrao doesn't make the Real squad tonight. Bale transfer speculators sharpen their pencils...

"I've had a wonderful evening...

...This wasn't it"

Always cracks me up, that one. Then there's the note familiar "I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception"

This one got me today.

Dead budgie for sale.

Not going cheap.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49084 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »

!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49085 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:34 PM »

Nicola cortese led a team of wealthy investors, buying Southampton out of admin. Two promotions and 36m of spend this off-season, cortese has designs on the top six. Very ambitious club now

We should have backed them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49086 on: August 18, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »

Europe lead in 3 of the first 4.

Not ideal.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49087 on: August 18, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

I think today was interesting because last time Mourinho managed Chelsea they were very dominant but played in a very specific way and really did not press home their advantage once they had hit the front.  Mourinho's previous Chelsea sides won a lot of games 1-0 and 2-0 and eased up when they were a couple of goals in front.  As such they never really conformed to the normal poisson distributions that you would expect from teams that were 1.5 goal faves.  Today looked very much the same to me and it may be something we can take advantage of.  A manager certainly has the ability to make all of the odds compilers models wrong if he decides to play in a certain way.  I'm going to run some numbers from last time he was there and take it from there but definitely an interesting angle.

Looked into this a bit further.  In the first three years he was at Stamford Bridge (I have missed out the last season because I cba to find the exact date he left) they played 114 league games and won 42 of them 1-0 or 2-0 which is 36% of the games they played.  i would normally expect a team of that type to win between 20-25% of their games by such a margin.  I think this marries fairly well with what I have seen with my own eyes although possibly it is more pronounced on the road.  Interesting anyway....sorry if I am rambling.

with the odds of 1-0 and 2-0 going to be around the 6-1, 7-1 mark for most games, do you think there might be mileage, given the incidence you quote above , in blanket backing tese correct scores

perhaps filtering out games against top six opponents, away at top 10 opponents etc? possibly filter out sides with good counter attacking potential eg Villa on Wednesday might be one of those you'd ignore, with Agbonlahor and Weimann's pace supporting Benteke?

With that filter you'll end up with a potential universe of 20+ of the 38 games in a season to go at.

Reckon that might be a viable strategy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49088 on: August 18, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »

Looked into this a bit further.  In the first three years he was at Stamford Bridge (I have missed out the last season because I cba to find the exact date he left) they played 114 league games and won 42 of them 1-0 or 2-0 which is 36% of the games they played.  i would normally expect a team of that type to win between 20-25% of their games by such a margin.  I think this marries fairly well with what I have seen with my own eyes although possibly it is more pronounced on the road.  Interesting anyway....sorry if I am rambling.

Ramble away, I can see where this is going.

punish

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49089 on: August 18, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »

We should have backed them.
I did spot the value but too late fred was already on us going down

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49090 on: August 18, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »

Real Madrid 1 Betis 1.

One more please, Madrid.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49091 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:43 PM »

Miss Wie, putting with her legs wide apart & skirt up to her arse, needs to work on her Woods-style celebration when putting. It works better when the putt actually goes in.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #49092 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »

Don't know if Bale will be a success at Real.

He's great on the counter, but 99% of teams play so deep against RM, I doubt he'll have many chances to run defences ragged.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #49093 on: August 18, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »

Ronaldo doesn't seem to mind

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #49094 on: August 18, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »

As for Miss Wie, whatever happened to appropriate attire? I wrote a blazer today to DTD and felt overdressed. Nothing fancy; even wore an offbeat shirt with it to add some flavour. World's gone mad.

Tiger's celebrations you say? Could watch this every day of my life and twice on Sundays and still never tire. Greatest sporting moment contender without question, if only for how utterly iconic it was:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3269 3270 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 3276 3277 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: