blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:02:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 3573 3574 [3575] 3576 3577 3578 3579 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436457 times)
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #53610 on: September 14, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »

Where will people find out score of that cup game?

Don't know. FlashScore are usually good, and they have listed the FA Cup games, but I don't think they are updating scores.

https://twitter.com/BedfordTown

Genius Joe.

Do you have similar for the mighty Chalfont St Peter Massive?

https://twitter.com/metpolicefc
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53611 on: September 14, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »

Think Ozil signing for Arsenal is good for Fred's Arsenal bets, but not so good for the Cazorla and Navas assist bets... Although I did read earlier that Cazorla has created most opportunities so far this season.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53612 on: September 14, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »

Don't know. FlashScore are usually good, and they have listed the FA Cup games, but I don't think they are updating scores.

Genius Joe.

Bet they get some fun tweets sent to them

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #53613 on: September 14, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »

Nikki Nahki Wells is on the score sheet
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53614 on: September 14, 2013, 03:23:39 PM »

Genius Joe.

Top work Joe, thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #53615 on: September 14, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »

1-0 newcastle

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #53616 on: September 14, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »

I think villa bpwill be overratd tomorrow due to their form vs arsenal and Chelsea.

They were playing counter attacking football but pardew ill likely park the bus. We have had 2 consecutive clean sheets and berbatov completely marked out the game. Villa will have more possession than usual and I'm not sure that suits them.

Newcastle re n full fitness (Jonas injured is a bonus rather than a minus as the bookies will take it.

Would probably Asian handicap newcastle here.

Additional stuff - cabaye wants to be in French squad so badly and will fight for it
- other French players more content now cabaye stays
- Ben arfa hasn't been injured for a long time and in two teams who may stalemate each other he can be the game changer
- newcastle will be underrated because of last yers performance which was with a lot,of injuries.

Lil Dave backs it I'm sure!

Morning Plinop, & thanks for the suggestion.

At present, it is not a Fred bet, because you appear to have omitted THE most important component - the PRICE, & thus the value.

I hope this does not sound like teaching Gran to suck eggs, but......irrespective of our view on any game, there is....

1) A price which is value. This would be a bet.

2) A price which is about right. This would not be a bet, as it includes the Bookies profit margin, say 10 to 12%.

3) A price which is too short. No bet.  

On the match in question, Villa v Newcastle, we could bet ANY of the three outcomes if it were wrongly priced.

The likes of Camel, Dubai, redarmi, Channing will often say, for example, "I fancied Arsenal @ 2/1, but they are 6/4 now, so that is a lay". A good bet is the judgement between who will win, & the price. BOTH must be considered.

Man U are 1/5 today, & near certainties. I'd never bet it though, as it does not rep value, especially in such a liquiid market, where the prices across the board are almost certainly corrct. A correct price is the price at which the bookie makes his 10%. And the punters lose 10%.

The PRICE is the key component of ANY bet if we want to make money long-term & consistently.

You have not named the price at which you consider Newcastle to be value, so at present, we have no idea if we would have value.

The prices are here....

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-newcastle/winner

As a rule of thumb, if you can beat the Betfair price by much of a margin, ANY result is probably a good bet. If we think Newcastle will win, but the price is wrong, we'd never bet it.

It is quite rare for prices for Premier League games to be wrong, especially when they have been up for a week. The value comes, for example, DURING or immediately after their previous game, when sharps spot something which is not yet in the price.

Bookies get vey rich because the vast majority of punters place bets at CORRECT prices. Bookies are CERTAIN to win (long term) at these prices, as certain as the Roulette wheel always wins in the end - its in the maths.

Hope that all makes sense. Not trying to be obdurate here, but that is how it works, or at least, how it works for me.

PS - I hope they win for you! And good luck with the SNE thing.

i cant price but i can assume spots where bookies will misjudge.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53617 on: September 14, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »

I think villa bpwill be overratd tomorrow due to their form vs arsenal and Chelsea.

They were playing counter attacking football but pardew ill likely park the bus. We have had 2 consecutive clean sheets and berbatov completely marked out the game. Villa will have more possession than usual and I'm not sure that suits them.

Newcastle re n full fitness (Jonas injured is a bonus rather than a minus as the bookies will take it.

Would probably Asian handicap newcastle here.

Additional stuff - cabaye wants to be in French squad so badly and will fight for it
- other French players more content now cabaye stays
- Ben arfa hasn't been injured for a long time and in two teams who may stalemate each other he can be the game changer
- newcastle will be underrated because of last yers performance which was with a lot,of injuries.

Lil Dave backs it I'm sure!

Morning Plinop, & thanks for the suggestion.

At present, it is not a Fred bet, because you appear to have omitted THE most important component - the PRICE, & thus the value.

I hope this does not sound like teaching Gran to suck eggs, but......irrespective of our view on any game, there is....

1) A price which is value. This would be a bet.

2) A price which is about right. This would not be a bet, as it includes the Bookies profit margin, say 10 to 12%.

3) A price which is too short. No bet.  

On the match in question, Villa v Newcastle, we could bet ANY of the three outcomes if it were wrongly priced.

The likes of Camel, Dubai, redarmi, Channing will often say, for example, "I fancied Arsenal @ 2/1, but they are 6/4 now, so that is a lay". A good bet is the judgement between who will win, & the price. BOTH must be considered.

Man U are 1/5 today, & near certainties. I'd never bet it though, as it does not rep value, especially in such a liquiid market, where the prices across the board are almost certainly corrct. A correct price is the price at which the bookie makes his 10%. And the punters lose 10%.

The PRICE is the key component of ANY bet if we want to make money long-term & consistently.

You have not named the price at which you consider Newcastle to be value, so at present, we have no idea if we would have value.

The prices are here....

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-newcastle/winner

As a rule of thumb, if you can beat the Betfair price by much of a margin, ANY result is probably a good bet. If we think Newcastle will win, but the price is wrong, we'd never bet it.

It is quite rare for prices for Premier League games to be wrong, especially when they have been up for a week. The value comes, for example, DURING or immediately after their previous game, when sharps spot something which is not yet in the price.

Bookies get vey rich because the vast majority of punters place bets at CORRECT prices. Bookies are CERTAIN to win (long term) at these prices, as certain as the Roulette wheel always wins in the end - its in the maths.

Hope that all makes sense. Not trying to be obdurate here, but that is how it works, or at least, how it works for me.

PS - I hope they win for you! And good luck with the SNE thing.

i cant price but i can assume spots where bookies will misjudge.

We still need the assumed price range though. Supposing it moved from (say) 2/1 to 6/4 before I saw it? A good bet at 2/1can be an awful bet at 6/4.

You are not just assuming you can out think the bookies, but also the betting market, which is two sided.

Really hope you win, but we have to know what price the suggestion is based upon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:32:09 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #53618 on: September 14, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »

Goal at Ashton Gate...

Seriously, though, Bianca Westwood...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53619 on: September 14, 2013, 03:31:54 PM »

Nikki Nahki Wells is on the score sheet

Boooom

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #53620 on: September 14, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »

Sigh, Fatty Tomlin just missed a penalty

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #53621 on: September 14, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »

Mesut Ozils first 30 minutes in an Arsenal shirt is making me look at this market thinking, 'this is going to look a silly big price at the end of the season, isn't it?'
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-player-of-the-year
I can't see that 'top assister' market anymore either. He's going to win that. Yes he is.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53622 on: September 14, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »

2-0 Bedford...

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #53623 on: September 14, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

Feeling the pressure....lets do this Excess, you da man Doyle
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #53624 on: September 14, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »

2-0 Bedford...

Just looking for this. Sigh.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 3573 3574 [3575] 3576 3577 3578 3579 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: