blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5242 5243 5244 5245 [5246] 5247 5248 5249 5250 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13422331 times)
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #78675 on: May 26, 2014, 07:59:40 PM »

Evening Mr T.

In the French open tomorrow I think we should support Hanescu to beat Monfils. Like Nishikori today, Monfils has been injured and not played for a month. A 5 set match on clay is not the ideal reintroduction to competition. Hanescu has been playing well and winning matches on clay, getting to the semifinal of his last competition. When they last met, 3 years ago, it was on clay and Hanescu won. Getting better than 2-1 makes this a decent bet.

Suggest £20 Hanescu @ 9/4 with Ladbrokes.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #78676 on: May 26, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager

Season tickets sent back if Poyet was allowed anywhere near the job. Preference is Moyes looking at that list.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78677 on: May 26, 2014, 08:16:14 PM »

I don't believe Froch will come into the ring a changed man. Don't get me wrong. However, he can adapt better than he did last time and his weaknesses were amateur, technical points like not covering on the way out and exposing himself to Groves's counters. He's a better fighter than he showed last time, albeit slower and on the way down. Groves is sharp and, yes that's his Achilles heel. If he doesn't walk onto one, though, is Froch really going to end up on the canvas and not get back up?

I think we may see Froch more switched on mentally and he will have far more respect for Groves' boxing ability and power than he did first time around.  McCracken is also pretty shrewd and will have been working on a gameplan to combat Groves' threat.  Not getting scrambled in round one will also help him.  I just think Groves is the one open to most improvement and wouldn't be totally shocked if this was pretty one sided.

so, boxing people is there a recommendation for froch/groves yet?

fwiw, as an observer of Hearn-dom and how he markets these things for multiple fights and maximum ££££, Groves wins this, setting up a third fight before Froch retires (more and more like WWE scripts with every passing big fight)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78678 on: May 26, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »

Evening Mr T.

In the French open tomorrow I think we should support Hanescu to beat Monfils. Like Nishikori today, Monfils has been injured and not played for a month. A 5 set match on clay is not the ideal reintroduction to competition. Hanescu has been playing well and winning matches on clay, getting to the semifinal of his last competition. When they last met, 3 years ago, it was on clay and Hanescu won. Getting better than 2-1 makes this a decent bet.

Suggest £20 Hanescu @ 9/4 with Ladbrokes.

Hector, Mr T is in Vegas for a month. Tough life, so this is on me to place

My task is to make sure he comes back to some remaining money in his betting accounts.

Your bet has been accepted! Thank you and good luck!
Bet time: 26/05/2014 - 19:58

Total Stake £ 20.00
9/4
Victor Hanescu
Gael Monfils v Victor Hanescu
Singles - Match betting
1 line @ £20.00 per line
Total Stake £20.00
Potential Return £65.00
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000611

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78679 on: May 26, 2014, 08:21:52 PM »

For those of you who haven't seen it, there is a WSOP fantasy league

Deadline for entires is tomorrow midday, entry is free

£250 dtd tournament or cash equivalent prize put up by myself and tikay

thread is at http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63729.msg1945628;boardseen#new

Please enter, mere novice needs something to do and you never know, you might win something for nothing

My eyes are open wide
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78680 on: May 26, 2014, 08:24:51 PM »

I don't believe Froch will come into the ring a changed man. Don't get me wrong. However, he can adapt better than he did last time and his weaknesses were amateur, technical points like not covering on the way out and exposing himself to Groves's counters. He's a better fighter than he showed last time, albeit slower and on the way down. Groves is sharp and, yes that's his Achilles heel. If he doesn't walk onto one, though, is Froch really going to end up on the canvas and not get back up?

I think we may see Froch more switched on mentally and he will have far more respect for Groves' boxing ability and power than he did first time around.  McCracken is also pretty shrewd and will have been working on a gameplan to combat Groves' threat.  Not getting scrambled in round one will also help him.  I just think Groves is the one open to most improvement and wouldn't be totally shocked if this was pretty one sided.

so, boxing people is there a recommendation for froch/groves yet?

fwiw, as an observer of Hearn-dom and how he markets these things for multiple fights and maximum ££££, Groves wins this, setting up a third fight before Froch retires (more and more like WWE scripts with every passing big fight)

The art of appreciating wrestling is learning not how fake wrestling is, but how fake everything else in life is.

It's well known that Hearn has studied WWE in the past to get promoting tips.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #78681 on: May 26, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »

I realise that Mr T is away ripping new ********* but I have decided that you are Mr T too. Or should that be Mr T2?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #78682 on: May 26, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »

Daily Report

- Psephology corner.

For those who followed the Lib Dems bet they ended up with 1 seat, so it was a winner. At around 11pm last night lib dem minister Ed Davey said "Looks like it's going to be a disappointing night for us." This is Politician speak for "this is an electoral calamity" and so it proved

Click to see full-size image.

- UKIP won Newark, although the MEP constituency is a little different than the parliamentary constituency which includes part of Bassetlaw and Rushcliffe. Our 1/4 bet on the Conservatives at the by-election doesn't want to see a repeat of this result from yesterday..

UKIP 33%
Con 31%
Lab 21%

The Conservatives eased slightly in by-election betting last night though. now 3/10

Yeah, great shout Tighty on the Lib Dems bet.

PP not paid out yet.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #78683 on: May 26, 2014, 08:39:08 PM »

Had to be done.

Click to see full-size image.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78684 on: May 26, 2014, 08:57:55 PM »

potty looks very likely to be going to spurs now, he is talking to levy. with him going its going to be likely the squad is going to get broken up
with lallana and shaw already likely to go add into that lovern schneiderlin and ward-prowse

with intrest also going to be in chambers clyne rodrigeous and rameriez

the saints could easy be losing 6+ of the squad that got them up the table last year
and its going to be hard to attract players of a quailty to a "selling club"

the 2.25 for finishing in bottom half looks a good bet
as does the 15.0 for relegation even 10.0 looks value to me

maybe i am just being a pessimist but i would recommend £10 on both

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #78685 on: May 26, 2014, 09:34:54 PM »

I actually think this could even be a KO for Groves. If Froch drops the left and comes on square (standard) he's in trouble. He needs to fight like in Kessler II but even then he's got less reach and speed. The one place he wins is stamina.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #78686 on: May 26, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »

Fixed odds boys are half asleep as per re: Soton relegation.

Plenty of 12-1 around at the moment, and 14-1 in the odd spot.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #78687 on: May 26, 2014, 10:03:31 PM »

Surely only playing for 2 places with Pardew still in charge of the worst Premiership team ever? 

Can't seem to get the 14/1 with FredBet.  Must have took it down.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #78688 on: May 26, 2014, 10:04:23 PM »

Surely only playing for 2 places with Pardew still in charge of the worst Premiership team ever? 

Can't seem to get the 14/1 with FredBet.  Must have took it down.

Yuh, they've taken their Premiership markets down. 12-1 still fine imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #78689 on: May 26, 2014, 10:10:26 PM »

hills gone 50/1 from 100/1 to finish bottom.
Pages: 1 ... 5242 5243 5244 5245 [5246] 5247 5248 5249 5250 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: