blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5535 5536 5537 5538 [5539] 5540 5541 5542 5543 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13432506 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #83070 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »

I know we have a decent portfolio already but to my eyes one price stands out after the first round.

Leader of the US FedEx cup rankings and 3 wins under his belt Jimmy Walker is 3 off the lead, is smack bang in the "good " day 2 tee times, and at 60s on betty worth a sneaky 5 er on the win market.

More than happy to be told it should be ew and its not so good on the terms etc, but when I see he is a bigger price than Lowry/Manessero etc, seems an out of line price.

Thanks Adzy.

Not sure if Tighty is around, so I've invested a whole fiver just in case, as I can't see that price lasting. We got exactly 60 (59/1).

£5 @ 60, Betfair Exchange, Jimmy Walker

BET PLACED

We already have £10 e/w with Betfred at 80-1

Need to read the small print to see if this voids the 8 places for our book, unfortunately

Bugger!

I'll take it off-thread Rich, my bad. So, to confirm, that £5 is NOT a Fred bet now.

I just checked - the Betfair thingie is for LAYS only, so that's ok too.

Should keep it for thread IMO. Is clearly based on current positions so should stay.

I honestly don't mind either way, it's the same to me both ways.

I really like the bet though, the more I look at it.

Keep it. It was based on new info etc.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83071 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »

I know we have a decent portfolio already but to my eyes one price stands out after the first round.

Leader of the US FedEx cup rankings and 3 wins under his belt Jimmy Walker is 3 off the lead, is smack bang in the "good " day 2 tee times, and at 60s on betty worth a sneaky 5 er on the win market.

More than happy to be told it should be ew and its not so good on the terms etc, but when I see he is a bigger price than Lowry/Manessero etc, seems an out of line price.

Thanks Adzy.

Not sure if Tighty is around, so I've invested a whole fiver just in case, as I can't see that price lasting. We got exactly 60 (59/1).

£5 @ 60, Betfair Exchange, Jimmy Walker

BET PLACED

We already have £10 e/w with Betfred at 80-1

Need to read the small print to see if this voids the 8 places for our book, unfortunately

Bugger!

I'll take it off-thread Rich, my bad. So, to confirm, that £5 is NOT a Fred bet now.

I just checked - the Betfair thingie is for LAYS only, so that's ok too.

Should keep it for thread IMO. Is clearly based on current positions so should stay.

I honestly don't mind either way, it's the same to me both ways.

I really like the bet though, the more I look at it.

just keep on the thread for me too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83072 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:51 AM »

Disaster in the Golf - Coetzee takes the co-lead.

He is the one we have not backed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83073 on: July 18, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »

Lol.

OK, the Adzy-Jimmy Walker £5 @ 60 goes on Fred.

I blame Adzy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #83074 on: July 18, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »

Bit of a speculative Championship one for discussion - probably needs some Wolves fan input (if we have any).

I was rummaging around the top goalscorer markets hoping to find some value and Leon Clarke of Wolves grabbed my attention.  He seems to be a first choice of Jackett at the current time, as in their 3 friendlies so far he's played the first half on 2 occasions, before the entire team was changed at the break.  He has scored 4 in 90 minutes of football, with Wolves looking full of goals against admittedly weak opposition (Cheltenham, Shamrock and Bohemians).    I expect Wolves to do pretty well in the Championship last year - history is littered with teams that have come up and done really well the next season and even gone straight up again (eg Norwich, Saints, Watford).  

Clarke started his Wolves career disappointingly in terms of goals last season, but before the move he was banging them in for Coventry.  Plenty of questions around this, but at 66-1 with B365 I think he's worth a little speculative investment.   He's 40-1 elsewhere.

Any views from the floor?

Ohhh Leon Clarke.

Strange character.

No doubting his ability and in League One and League Two he's got a great scoring record.

I think he's only really played Championship football at Sheff Wed.

On his day, he was unplayable, but that was usually once a year.

His attitude at Wednesday was truly awful. His weight was also an issue.

I think Wolves is his home town club and if he's going to be motivated and focussed its for Wolves.

I'm not sure he can hack it consistently in the Championship, his ill discipline will probably be his downfall (look at how many clubs he's been at, that tells its own story).

Might be worth a very small speculative investment at 66/1.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #83075 on: July 18, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »

Jeeprs.

55 years on the trot in the top 5.

I put him up, and Miguel Angel has his worst Open ever.....thank god he don't know where I live.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #83076 on: July 18, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »

Bit of a speculative Championship one for discussion - probably needs some Wolves fan input (if we have any).

I was rummaging around the top goalscorer markets hoping to find some value and Leon Clarke of Wolves grabbed my attention.  He seems to be a first choice of Jackett at the current time, as in their 3 friendlies so far he's played the first half on 2 occasions, before the entire team was changed at the break.  He has scored 4 in 90 minutes of football, with Wolves looking full of goals against admittedly weak opposition (Cheltenham, Shamrock and Bohemians).    I expect Wolves to do pretty well in the Championship last year - history is littered with teams that have come up and done really well the next season and even gone straight up again (eg Norwich, Saints, Watford).  

Clarke started his Wolves career disappointingly in terms of goals last season, but before the move he was banging them in for Coventry.  Plenty of questions around this, but at 66-1 with B365 I think he's worth a little speculative investment.   He's 40-1 elsewhere.

Any views from the floor?

Ohhh Leon Clarke.

Strange character.

No doubting his ability and in League One and League Two he's got a great scoring record.

I think he's only really played Championship football at Sheff Wed.

On his day, he was unplayable, but that was usually once a year.

His attitude at Wednesday was truly awful. His weight was also an issue.

I think Wolves is his home town club and if he's going to be motivated and focussed its for Wolves.

I'm not sure he can hack it consistently in the Championship, his ill discipline will probably be his downfall (look at how many clubs he's been at, that tells its own story).

Might be worth a very small speculative investment at 66/1.

Yeah - I worry also that he might simply be not up to Championship level, but of the bigger priced players he was the only one I could see smashing in 25 goals if the planets align.

One other one which is worth keeping an eye on is Mathias Ranegie at 100-1 at Watford.  If Deeney stays then he won't get the game time.  But if someone comes up with stupid money for Troy, then he'll be first choice centre forward in a likely free scoring team.  Scored 4 goals in 10 when given the chance last year, and that was when the team was off the boil.  Not a bet at a moment, but one to be jumped on if Deeney does leave as the bookies will probably not adjust in time.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #83077 on: July 18, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »

Little NBA rookie update. It looks like number 2 pick Wiggins could well be traded by Cleveland as they assume a 'win now' approach and go after Kevin Love. This will mean his chances of being rookie of the year improve exponentially, goin to a shite team with as many minutes as he can handle, plus with a point to prove to boot. Not done yet but another 15 or 20 quid cover bet at 6/1 looks in order. As an aside, the price on Cleveland winning the championship this season will come in further from 5/1 as Love is very good.

Other rookies: our boy Nerlens is top of all the early rookie ladders and continues to shine. The time spent working on his stroke while injured is paying dividends. He has sat out some games as they ease him in tho which could be our main worry. Main rival imo Jabari Parker has not shown too much too far, and like the other X factor, Dante Exum, neither has looked particularly 'NBA ready'. The lakers have signed a couple of decent veteran big men, Carlos Boozer n Ed Davis, so suddenly Julius Randle has a much more crowded front court to compete with.

Some nice clips n early reports on Noel here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2130536-early-report-card-grades-for-nerlens-noel-during-2014-nba-summer-league
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83078 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:27 PM »

Little NBA rookie update. It looks like number 2 pick Wiggins could well be traded by Cleveland as they assume a 'win now' approach and go after Kevin Love. This will mean his chances of being rookie of the year improve exponentially, goin to a shite team with as many minutes as he can handle, plus with a point to prove to boot. Not done yet but another 15 or 20 quid cover bet at 6/1 looks in order. As an aside, the price on Cleveland winning the championship this season will come in further from 5/1 as Love is very good.

Other rookies: our boy Nerlens is top of all the early rookie ladders and continues to shine. The time spent working on his stroke while injured is paying dividends. He has sat out some games as they ease him in tho which could be our main worry. Main rival imo Jabari Parker has not shown too much too far, and like the other X factor, Dante Exum, neither has looked particularly 'NBA ready'. The lakers have signed a couple of decent veteran big men, Carlos Boozer n Ed Davis, so suddenly Julius Randle has a much more crowded front court to compete with.

Some nice clips n early reports on Noel here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2130536-early-report-card-grades-for-nerlens-noel-during-2014-nba-summer-league

Good work Jeff, thanks.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83079 on: July 18, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

Mickelson just took 3 off the Tee on a Par 5 after a stray tee shot.

His Provisional was in good shape, then he stood on the fairway a few moments to compose himself properly, smacked it to 10 foot & one-putted smack in the middle for a regular par.

These boys are not real. 

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83080 on: July 18, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »

Was going to post virtually the same when i got time.  Nice work Jeff.  Think it will be very hard to not back the winner of the ROY with the 3 bets we now have with Wiggins.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83081 on: July 18, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »

Was going to post virtually the same when i got time.  Nice work Jeff.  Think it will be very hard to not back the winner of the ROY with the 3 bets we now have with Wiggins.

We have one bet, Nerlens Noel at 10-1

should there be thre players in the portfolio? did i miss them?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83082 on: July 18, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »

We have one bet, Nerlens Noel at 10-1

should there be thre players in the portfolio? did i miss them?

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/rookie-of-the-year

Parker the fav i liked strongly and jeff was more into having a saver on him and having his main £40 bet on Noel 10/1 which i assume we are on.  Then as Jeff says Wiggins is a def bet now at 6/1.  I personally think we should back all 3 to level stakes but i am happy to go with whatever.   I am happy to have the £40 against me for Parker at 10/3 sj or paddy if fred isn't on already.  Then jeff wants £20 on wiggins at 6/1 to complete the portfolio of 3 players.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83083 on: July 18, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »

England 31/2.

Liking India's chances a lot.

Current Betty price for India is 3.7, the draw 3.86, & amazingly, England @ 2.14, or 2.16 to Lay.

2.14 has to be miles out?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:56:35 PM by tikay » Logged

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #83084 on: July 18, 2014, 12:59:52 PM »

Yep I would say so.  I'm in the same boat as Fred having gone on India yesterday.  Tempting to top up isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 5535 5536 5537 5538 [5539] 5540 5541 5542 5543 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: