blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5583 5584 5585 5586 [5587] 5588 5589 5590 5591 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13402789 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #83790 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »

There was a story last week saying West Ham wanted him to have a groin op but he has refused because he doesnt want the pain

Thought at the time that doesnt seem to likely and could be a cover up for the fallout?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83791 on: July 25, 2014, 12:11:39 PM »

There was a story last week saying West Ham wanted him to have a groin op but he has refused because he doesnt want the pain

Thought at the time that doesnt seem to likely and could be a cover up for the fallout?

Big Sam needs a groin op? Can't blame him for refusing. Seems a bit extreme, that. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83792 on: July 25, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »

Arbboy, were you PunterZ on Betfair once upon a time?

Lol no. What makes you ask that. I was arb boy on bf for years as doobs will confirm as he was doobs back in the day in bf. I probably played more games against him and his other usernames way back in the day than anyone else. Someone told me from a reliable source that punterz is totally skint now even though he was raking£60k a month on bf stt's back in the day. Are you punterz?  Wink

Punterz is reasonably active on the heads up SNG forum on 2p2. Claims to be a huge lifetime winner at poker but a big loser in 'business dealings'. Likes to tell everyone how hard he'll crush them at any given opportunity, plays a decent amount of volume at the $15 turbos on stars.

There is no doubt he is a huge lifetime winner playing heads up stts back in the day.  He must have been playing 500-1000 a day at his peak between $100-$5000 stakes getting huge rakeback and massive bf monthly leaderboard prizes.  How online poker has changed in 4 years to be grinding $15 turbos now.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:14:38 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83793 on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:05 PM »

Arbboy, were you PunterZ on Betfair once upon a time?

Lol no. What makes you ask that. I was arb boy on bf for years as doobs will confirm as he was doobs back in the day in bf. I probably played more games against him and his other usernames way back in the day than anyone else. Someone told me from a reliable source that punterz is totally skint now even though he was raking£60k a month on bf stt's back in the day. Are you punterz?  Wink

Punterz is reasonably active on the heads up SNG forum on 2p2. Claims to be a huge lifetime winner at poker but a big loser in 'business dealings'. Likes to tell everyone how hard he'll crush them at any given opportunity, plays a decent amount of volume at the $15 turbos on stars.

There is no doubt his account was a lifetime winner playing heads up stts back in the day.  He must have been playing 500-1000 a day at his peak between $100-$5000 stakes getting huge rakeback and massive bf monthly leaderboard prizes.  How online poker has changed in 4 years to be grinding $15 turbos now.

FYP.

He sometimes played high stakes cash (pretty sure I saw him at 25/50) and not sure how succesful he was there. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #83794 on: July 25, 2014, 01:34:26 PM »

Interesting news just released re Blackpool

Darragh MacAnthony ‏@DMAC102  1m
Delighted to welcome Ben Alnwick to the Posh on a 3 year deal. Excellent GK with superb distribution who we are delighted to have on board

That means Blackpool now have 7 players and no goalkeeper (Alnwick was on trial there and reportedly had agreed terms before this)

That 8/13 looks backable to me even if to trade later

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #83795 on: July 25, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »

If Deeney goes, what price your boys take Britt back?

Hi Chomps.  I believe we have a clause in the contract involving buy-back or first refusal, something along those lines.  I think they originally sold Britt because they believed Mensah/Ikpeazu had better long term potential, but both these players have had serious injuries which have hampered their development. 

How much do you think would be required to buy Britt back given his stellar season?

Not sure exactly what the stips were when we signed Britt but £4m would seem about the right number if he was going somewhere other than Watford. If he's going back to Watford, I'd imagine around £2.5m, but that would be a pure guess.

Was just going to come on and ask Tighty about Ben Alnwick. Olejnik is a quality keeper but his distribution is awful, unless he's been trying to put it in the main stand half the time that is.

Some incred business by Posh this summer and we also now have a right-back for the first time in ages. Michael Smith from those pirates.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #83796 on: July 25, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »

Didn't see much of Alnwick at spurs, so I can't help much there.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83797 on: July 25, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »

Ben Anwick was on loan at Leicester

Extremely talented, and yes a good "footballing" keeper

where he has struggled is off the field. Not dedicated/a good trainer, likes the beer too much, and then there was a medical issue with his heart that prevented a few moves

obviously if he puts it all together then terrific signing, but the evidence of 7 or 8 years and countless loans and short spells at clubs is that this would be unlikely

--

Chompy, at all tempted by Peterborough 12-1 for L1? or 7/2 promotion?

Don't see why, with the current squad, they are double the price of the three at head of the market

(Preston, Sheff U, Bristol C)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83798 on: July 25, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »

Interesting news just released re Blackpool

Darragh MacAnthony ‏@DMAC102  1m
Delighted to welcome Ben Alnwick to the Posh on a 3 year deal. Excellent GK with superb distribution who we are delighted to have on board

That means Blackpool now have 7 players and no goalkeeper (Alnwick was on trial there and reportedly had agreed terms before this)

That 8/13 looks backable to me even if to trade later

we will put this down to Waz

please advise on strategy/trading as the story develops

coral

Nottm Forest8/13
Nottm Forest v Blackpool - 09/08/2014
Stake £65.00
Estimated Return:£105.00
Total Stake: £65.00
Potential Return: £105.00

My eyes are open wide
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #83799 on: July 25, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »

A very long time ago - 2 years maybe? - & for reasons I can't recall, we backed, with Labrokes I think, the resuly of a hyped up potential match race betwen Usain Bolt & I've Forgotten His Name.

It never happened, of course.

Is the bet still, in theory, live, or did we get refunded?

I know Fred got on, & I imagine a few others did, too.

I managed to get £50 max on it, and when it was clear it wasn't going to happen I emailed Laddies who basically said it will stand til both are retired. However they chucked me £20 as a goodwill gesture!
They probably have latched onto my life expectancy being less than Usain Bolts remaining career.....

Brilliant.

So you'll get £70 in total? Genius.

Who was the other bloke in the supposed "match"?

Mo
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83800 on: July 25, 2014, 04:51:20 PM »

Apparently there has been heavy rain at ascot this afternoon and the going has eased from good to firm to good today

does this throw anything up for either the King George (good each way race?) or the big 30 runner handicap?

perhaps people could advise in the morning?

i think neil might have something for tomorrow too. must try and put that on the thread this week too (it ran bad last week)

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83801 on: July 25, 2014, 04:54:36 PM »

Apparently there has been heavy rain at ascot this afternoon and the going has eased from good to firm to good today

does this throw anything up for either the King George (good each way race?) or the big 30 runner handicap?

perhaps people could advise in the morning?

i think neil might have something for tomorrow too. must try and put that on the thread this week too (it ran bad last week)

Absolutely torrential where I am, around 5 miles from Ascot, proper cloudburst things. I had my washing on the line, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #83802 on: July 25, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »

I had my washing on the line

pics or gtfo
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #83803 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »

Absolutely wouldn't put anyone off Poshies to win League One, given we're much stronger this time and only rubbish came down from the Champo/up from League Two.

Like Notts County a lot on the handicap also.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83804 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:33 PM »

Sunny stoke is glorious basking in the sunshine sunbathing in my speedo's between dog races!  Just incase anyone wants a late bet at uttox and wants a going report from nearby!
Pages: 1 ... 5583 5584 5585 5586 [5587] 5588 5589 5590 5591 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: