blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:57:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6158 6159 6160 6161 [6162] 6163 6164 6165 6166 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443325 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #92415 on: December 17, 2014, 05:36:16 PM »

See Henry has just signed a £4m per year 6yr deal with Sky, and what was more interesting is that Neville is only  on £1.2m a year.

Going off Neville's deal, how much is Carragher coughing up to keep himself on the firm?

Why the need for a 6yr deal, too?

Not like Real Madrid are going to nick him on a bosman...

Read that as 4m for 6 years, nice work if you can get it.....then re-read....fml  Shocked
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #92416 on: December 17, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »

Tighty I don't know enough about betfair to know if the price is dropping or not. I am happy that at 2.02 to lay Liverpool so I suggest you go for it now.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #92417 on: December 17, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »

See Henry has just signed a £4m per year 6yr deal with Sky, and what was more interesting is that Neville is only  on £1.2m a year.

Going off Neville's deal, how much is Carragher coughing up to keep himself on the firm?

I wonder if gramps has a clause in his contract where he gets paid the same as the top-earner.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92418 on: December 17, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »

Lay (Bet Against)
Backer's odds
Backer's stake
Your liability

Liverpool 2.02 £25.00 £25.50

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #92419 on: December 17, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »

Is the Queen on her way?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877751/Bookies-suspend-bettering-Queen-abdicating-Christmas-Day-speech-flurry-bets.html

Coral said: 'There's no smoke without fire' and pulled the plug on the market.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #92420 on: December 17, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »

Is the Queen on her way?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877751/Bookies-suspend-bettering-Queen-abdicating-Christmas-Day-speech-flurry-bets.html

Must have taken at least a bullseye to cause that...

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #92421 on: December 17, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »

I wonder if gramps has a clause in his contract where he gets paid the same as the top-earner.

Smiley

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #92422 on: December 17, 2014, 07:22:42 PM »

Is the Queen on her way?

Good publicity for one of Britain's leading bookmakers though.

Never saw this market and I keep a close eye on the novelty stuff. Not saying it never existed...

Similarly, Nicola McLean was quoted as saying Coral had seen a flurry of bets on Jake Quickenden going into the Big Brother house, despite Coral not having a market on who's going into the Big Brother house.

Ms McLean has been busy.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #92423 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »

One the basis of the (bizarre) lineup Rodgers has put out again tonight I think 13/2 Raheem Sterling is a really, really good bet to score first tonight.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #92424 on: December 17, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »

Is the Queen on her way?

Good publicity for one of Britain's leading bookmakers though.

Never saw this market and I keep a close eye on the novelty stuff. Not saying it never existed...

Similarly, Nicola McLean was quoted as saying Coral had seen a flurry of bets on Jake Quickenden going into the Big Brother house, despite Coral not having a market on who's going into the Big Brother house.

Ms McLean has been busy.

Indeed.

What a load of tosh! The Queen is not abdicating.

Who would be betting on it? It would have to have come from a very well-connected source, who would be risking quite a lot to leak the news effectively. That person would then bet betting - how much? £200? - on it because it's not like you can walk into Corals and say "Hello. I'd like £50k on The Queen abdicating please".

Perhaps there's a rogue Equerry or a journalist disguised as a corgi?

Been looking for a use for my new favourite gif...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #92425 on: December 17, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »

Naturally, when we have King Charles III in January (as I don't expect he'll be George now, as was always anticipated), I'll retire from blonde.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #92426 on: December 17, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »

Miscellaneous profits (politics, x factor, strictly, big brother, i'm a celebrity, weather, superbowl half time etc) are now over £2,000 with a 35% ROI on 134 bets since thread inceptipon

this is despite Fleur not quite pulling off the big win for us tonight

This matter really exercised me, so I did a little digging.

Variance, luck, (small) sample size, or is there good reason for these numbers?

Below are our top 5 most profitable (measured by amount won, not ROI) Sports.

PROFIT      Amt. Bet     ROI           No. of bets
Football       2,585.46     33,194.06       7.79          1,053
Misc.           1,992.80      5,533.44      36.01             137
Baseball       1,037.20     1,726.00      60.09               37
Horses           633.15    33,576.62        1.89           1,029
NFL               553.16      8,632.61        6.41             235

These need to be seen in the context of.....

Overall Profit £4,982.49

Overall amount wagered £130,282

Overall ROI 3.82%

Overall number of bets 4,232

I'm not sure what conclusion we can draw from those numbers.

Horse Racing & Football have a near identical number of bets, & amount wagered, but Horse Racing makes very much less profit for the same sum expended.

The real eye-opener though is "Misc".

From what I recall, the bulk of this comes from.....

Novelty TV (X-Factor, SCD etc)

Weather

SuperBowl Novelty Bets

WSOP (Poker)

In particular, we seem to have been way ahead of the Market on the Novelty TV stuff, consistently getting it in good (beating the price) on X-Factor & SCD.

For those that enjoy the thread, & selectively follow the tips, & like to help make it better, or at least survive a little longer, can we draw any conclusions from that Top 5, & should we be doing anything different?

I'd never have dreamed we could turn a consistent profit (approx 4%) over 4,200 bets & £130,000 wagered, but the Novelty Bets success surprises me even more.

Are the markets badly priced, or are we just blessed with some very perceptive & wise regulars?

ROI on Football and Horses probs should be low as it due to being so popular to bet on, allowing the bookies to get closer to the 'correct' prices.
Would have expected the NFL roi to be higher as we are betting with uk bookies, not the US ones.

Misc is obv the least reliable market for the firms to tissue up, and we got Tal/Chompy! so should be plenty of ricks.

TBH if we are being savvy in our betting we shouldn't really have any losing sports, overall, after this amount of time.

a lot of the NFL is first TD etc, not over/under less juice so that depresses the ROI a bit (unless you bink, which you do less frequently)

on a losing sport like Golf, not sure we have the volume to become statistically significant on finding tournament winners. quite a high variance activity from what i can see

motorsport no spacebar has improved a lot too and on several other losing sports we do much less than we did..partly an affirmative approach to do less where returns are comparatively low

Now you're learning Grin

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #92427 on: December 17, 2014, 08:36:48 PM »

One the basis of the (bizarre) lineup Rodgers has put out again tonight I think 13/2 Raheem Sterling is a really, really good bet to score first tonight.

Shame only paddy were open to me at the time. Small top up at with 365 though, might have mis-staked as i missed the two reallys! Good stuff Red.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #92428 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:17 PM »

gc took it for an interest, cheers
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #92429 on: December 17, 2014, 08:41:41 PM »

Shame only paddy were open to me at the time. Small top up at with 365 though, might have mis-staked as i missed the two reallys! Good stuff Red.

I got on it! Thanks a lot :-)

Pages: 1 ... 6158 6159 6160 6161 [6162] 6163 6164 6165 6166 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: