blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6362 6363 6364 6365 [6366] 6367 6368 6369 6370 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13410181 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95475 on: February 26, 2015, 10:07:46 PM »

Darts tonight, thoughts on the Bunting Vs RVB game? With RVB talking of how he collapses after 6 games Bunting is perhaps a nice price at 6/4? Also can get 9/1 on 7-5 bunting, 6/1 on 7-4 (draw 7/2)? Can't see many markets to take advantage of RVBs late game slump aside from of course laying him in-play if he's ahead. Also does "player 1" in this format throw first or is it a toss? I'm assuming from the odds on markets such as race to 3 legs that player 1 (Bunting) throws first.

Also betnoway have an offer of money back as a freebet if one selection of your 4-fold acca lets you down (£25 max), there are a bundle of favs tonight, with this offer a bet on Anderson Taylor MVG and Bunting all to win doesn't sound too bad to me. Though I haven't checked but would assume that a better price can be found on the 4fold elsewhere (9.33 on bw)

Hope you laid barney at 1.04 in running!  gl.  Very strange betting patterns on bf pre game in this game.  Huge late drift on barney out to nearly 2/1 for fortunes and the draw into 4.2 for decent cash.  Looks like a dodgy game to me.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95476 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:42 PM »

very odd game.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #95477 on: February 26, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »

Re: Ladbrokes, I compiled some stats 18 months ago out of interest - now with the latest results:

Monthly active poker player days:
2005 411,000
2006 461,000
2007 409,000
2008 362,000
2009 293,000
2010 226,000
2011 189,000
2012 110,000
2014   30,000

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95478 on: February 26, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »

Re: Ladbrokes, I compiled some stats 18 months ago out of interest - now with the latest results:

2005 411,000
2006 461,000
2007 409,000
2008 362,000
2009 293,000
2010 226,000
2011 189,000
2012 110,000
2014   30,000

They had a great run...

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95479 on: February 26, 2015, 11:05:47 PM »

2005 411,000
2006 461,000
2007 409,000
2008 362,000
2009 293,000
2010 226,000
2011 189,000
2012 110,000
2014   30,000

They had a great run...

Pretty much mirrors my online volumes year on year.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #95480 on: February 27, 2015, 01:26:41 AM »

One thing leads to another, once we start debating Fred issues it just absorbs more time than I have available, but I need to make a point here.

At least 4 of those who no longer Post have connections to BE. (I should have mentioned Joe Beevers earlier, who has helped blonde more any almost anyone I know, knew I'd forgot a few!).

Broadly speaking, the BE boys got quite a bit of flak for various reasons, & so they don't post here any more. In their spot, neither would I, the serial sniping was not necessary or nice.

For the record, I greatly admire all the Team at BE for what they are trying to do with BE, they are trying to earn a living, & working very hard at it, so good luck to them.

When a Fred regular becomes part of BE, perhaps partly based on Fred contributions, well personally, I'm proud & pleased for them, why would anyone not be?

blonde benefits from a BE Affiliate deal, we have never made any secret of that. There is not a Forum on earth that does not have affiliate deals in place, it is not in any way improper.

Its a fine & immensely difficult line to tread, though, running what amounts to a subscription based tipping service, & at the same time, giving freebies to Fred.

Amazing how complex things become, eh?

Just to recap Tony.

Is there any reason you continue to fight the BE cause yet seem ambivalent to the fact your own thread/forum, which has clearly been targeted by some people to feather their own interests is dying out?

Some of the guys you are referring to have targeted your forum for their benefit, taken contributors off your forum and actively spammed this thread with affiliate deals where they benefit if your clients/posters/friends lose money with certain bookmakers if they have signed up thru the affiliate links. Was that how you saw this working when it had many contributors and many pages being filled each day in the previous years?

I doubt it very much.

The guy running the thread is also not allowed to put up bets on the thread he is running because he also works for BE. You don't mention that as being a quite ridiculous state of affairs in the smoke blowing.

The regular guys that have left have probably just seen the light tbh. So we now have a punting thread that was vibrant and fun where a big % of the posters don't put bets up and don't post elsewhere anymore.

Can you tell me if any of those points are untrue or do they fall under your unfair flak description?

Hi Phil,

Your various comments on various Blonde threads are so misplaced it really has me wondering...and your attacks, on Tighty in-particular, are just mind boggling.

Er, who says they are misplaced?
Mind boggling attacks?

Your post above is just wrong on so many levels, including factually, and it is posts like this that are much more damaging to Fred that anyone setting up a business like BE could ever be.

(wipes tea from mouth and chin)

I have posted my thoughts on this before and did not intend to repeat myself, although it would appear that you either didn't read them or chose to ignore what we were saying.

I am offended by the tone of your posts and the way that you try to twist things.

The tone must have been just about right then to add gravity to the point's made. I'm not twisting anything, as for answering questions/points which of the above post is twisted?

Let's just for one example look at this:

“The guy running the thread is also not allowed to put up bets on the thread “

Why refer to Rich as 'the guy running the thread'? Is that meant to sound derisory or something? Why not use his name? Where do you get these ideas from? Who has 'not allowed' him to post tips?

Yes, you have a point there I should have just said Rich. Rich or TGFKATGRTT has stopped putting up bets and is being used as a tipster on BE. He does not put up stuff on here in any kind of volume anymore. It is difficult for him to generate contributions and posts here when he himself seems to have restricted his level of input. Why should I is a phrase being used a lot?

Then when Rich 'the guy running the thread' answers you totally fairly, pointing out his many contributions, you posted...

“...What NFL bets did you put up on BE this year and how many made it as tips by you on here? …”

Are you for real? Why do you see BE and TfT as mutually exclusive, that is just not the way it is. You say that he is 'not allowed to put up bets...' that is just a lie and twisted...disingenuous at best.

Yes I am.

The stuff Rich would be sharing with the people on this thread are now appearing on your site and not on this thread. Rich is directly asking for people to contribute bets to this thread when he is now contributing very little in terms of bets himself. There have been a few 'am I talking to myself' and 'friend my only friend' posts. There is a reason for that, it is clear people are voting with their keyboards.

Rich and Tikay (also targeted by you) do more for this thread than anyone.

Lets be clear here, Tony is the only person who's interests I am concerned about.

I have to ask...

Do you think that anyone posting on TfT shouldn't be allowed to post anywhere else or do any work anywhere else?

I'm a bit confused...

Do you think that Neil and I should never have started our business up?

Not at all, tho I do wonder what qualifications in terms of sports gambling history you have for running a betting site, tho as your business model seems to have been to recruit people from other bet suggestion sites/threads then I guess you don't need to have any to set it up.

Or do you think we should be allowed that privilege but we should never post here again?

I think you should probably be banned from spamming it on here given you 3rd party profit from people losing money. This is the bit I don't think you get, by all means fill your own site with affiliate links that benefit you. But you are targeting guys on here that we all know hoping that a few of them will do their bollox in after opening an account thru one of your links so you get paid. These people are our friends, Tony's members and regular contributors to what was once the busiest thread on the site, they are not your client base.

I know when Neil posted similar questions people wanted us to continue posting.

Obviously some people see it differently then.

Or do you just think that no one should set up a business?

We have not taken any contributors off this forum and we never targeted Blonde in the way you suggest in your diatribe. Whatever negative and nasty picture you have in your head is just wrong. Do you actually read what goes in here? I guess you just see what you want to see and make the rest up.

Now you are just being silly, you have taken contributors off this forum and people have stopped posting/set up their own groups to share information or do post but abstain from suggesting bets because they dislike what you have done.

Yes we have bookmaker affiliate deals, how exactly do you think they might work? You try to make it sound like we are doing something wrong, and we aren't. I'll answer your posts in the dedicated BE thread separately in more detail regarding this. Maybe you never worked for a bookmaker or a poker site...

I'm not sure if that was an attempt to tell people I work for a bookmaker and have worked for a poker site, maybe it needed some 'tadddar' sounds as you delivered it if that was the case. The problem with using more than one full stop at the end of a sentence also adds a kind of 'oh wait, you do' to it. Everyone here that I speak to regularly knows where I work and those friends and even the ones that think I am a cock know I used to work for a poker site, I did a good job too. That is why I have a decent knowledge of how affiliates work, you benefit when other people lose money and you have targeted this site with your affiliate links.

How are you even arguing that isn't the case?

After launching BE Neil was posting just as much as before and following the sale of THM I was now posting more, giving advice and posting the odd bet. Your 90% don't get paid 10% get paid analogy is just wrong and inaccurate. I don't think you realise how much work we do at BE. Or do you think that our writers should work for hundreds of hours for no reward and post all our lengthy write ups and analysis on TfT? We were continuing to post just as much free content here following the launch of BE. It's not an either / or situation.

Again, you are disagreeing about something that is clear. If I or the regular guys post bets on here you get free access to those. If you or the other people at BE post bets on there we have to pay for them. So your guys get paid for it ( and you have recruited some of them thru this forum and your own) and the majority on here don't get paid for doing the same thing. I agree with you on one point tho, the 90 10 figure is inaccurate, it is nearer 98% and 2%

Do you think that our writers should work for hundreds of hours for no reward and post all our lengthy write ups and analysis on TfT for a small majority to take away free. Yet other people will charge to do the same in return?

It is posts such as yours that are EXACTLY the reason some people, including Neil and I, have stopped posting here and nothing to do with BE at all. Can you blame us?

It is posts such as yours that are EXACTLY the reason some people have stopped posting here

You have succeeded in getting Neil, myself and others to stop posting here. Carry on attacking Tikay and Tighty and you might get rid of everyone. Well done, happy now?

You don't seem to have grasped the reasoning. The point of it is that everyone did post here, one (and it's only fair to make it clear that it is only one) of the reasons this place has died a death is some people think the people running it have sold out. Well done,Happy now?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:32:34 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #95481 on: February 27, 2015, 02:01:07 AM »

One thing leads to another, once we start debating Fred issues it just absorbs more time than I have available, but I need to make a point here.

At least 4 of those who no longer Post have connections to BE. (I should have mentioned Joe Beevers earlier, who has helped blonde more any almost anyone I know, knew I'd forgot a few!).

Broadly speaking, the BE boys got quite a bit of flak for various reasons, & so they don't post here any more. In their spot, neither would I, the serial sniping was not necessary or nice.

For the record, I greatly admire all the Team at BE for what they are trying to do with BE, they are trying to earn a living, & working very hard at it, so good luck to them.

When a Fred regular becomes part of BE, perhaps partly based on Fred contributions, well personally, I'm proud & pleased for them, why would anyone not be?

blonde benefits from a BE Affiliate deal, we have never made any secret of that. There is not a Forum on earth that does not have affiliate deals in place, it is not in any way improper.

Its a fine & immensely difficult line to tread, though, running what amounts to a subscription based tipping service, & at the same time, giving freebies to Fred.

Amazing how complex things become, eh?

Just to recap Tony.

Is there any reason you continue to fight the BE cause yet seem ambivalent to the fact your own thread/forum, which has clearly been targeted by some people to feather their own interests is dying out?

Some of the guys you are referring to have targeted your forum for their benefit, taken contributors off your forum and actively spammed this thread with affiliate deals where they benefit if your clients/posters/friends lose money with certain bookmakers if they have signed up thru the affiliate links. Was that how you saw this working when it had many contributors and many pages being filled each day in the previous years?

I doubt it very much.

The guy running the thread is also not allowed to put up bets on the thread he is running because he also works for BE. You don't mention that as being a quite ridiculous state of affairs in the smoke blowing.

The regular guys that have left have probably just seen the light tbh. So we now have a punting thread that was vibrant and fun where a big % of the posters don't put bets up and don't post elsewhere anymore.

Can you tell me if any of those points are untrue or do they fall under your unfair flak description?

Hi Phil,

Your various comments on various Blonde threads are so misplaced it really has me wondering...and your attacks, on Tighty in-particular, are just mind boggling.

Your post above is just wrong on so many levels, including factually, and it is posts like this that are much more damaging to Fred that anyone setting up a business like BE could ever be. I have posted my thoughts on this before and did not intend to repeat myself, although it would appear that you either didn't read them or chose to ignore what we were saying.

I am offended by the tone of your posts and the way that you try to twist things.

Let's just for one example look at this:

“The guy running the thread is also not allowed to put up bets on the thread “

Why refer to Rich as 'the guy running the thread'? Is that meant to sound derisory or something? Why not use his name? Where do you get these ideas from? Who has 'not allowed' him to post tips?

Then when Rich 'the guy running the thread' answers you totally fairly, pointing out his many contributions, you posted...

“...What NFL bets did you put up on BE this year and how many made it as tips by you on here? …”

Are you for real? Why do you see BE and TfT as mutually exclusive, that is just not the way it is. You say that he is 'not allowed to put up bets...' that is just a lie and twisted...disingenuous at best.

Rich and Tikay (also targeted by you) do more for this thread than anyone.

I have to ask...

Do you think that anyone posting on TfT shouldn't be allowed to post anywhere else or do any work anywhere else?

I'm a bit confused...

Do you think that Neil and I should never have started our business up?

Or do you think we should be allowed that privilege but we should never post here again?

I know when Neil posted similar questions people wanted us to continue posting.

Or do you just think that no one should set up a business?

We have not taken any contributors off this forum and we never targeted Blonde in the way you suggest in your diatribe. Whatever negative and nasty picture you have in your head is just wrong. Do you actually read what goes in here? I guess you just see what you want to see and make the rest up.

Yes we have bookmaker affiliate deals, how exactly do you think they might work? You try to make it sound like we are doing something wrong, and we aren't. I'll answer your posts in the dedicated BE thread separately in more detail regarding this. Maybe you never worked for a bookmaker or a poker site...

After launching BE Neil was posting just as much as before and following the sale of THM I was now posting more, giving advice and posting the odd bet. Your 90% don't get paid 10% get paid analogy is just wrong and inaccurate. I don't think you realise how much work we do at BE. Or do you think that our writers should work for hundreds of hours for no reward and post all our lengthy write ups and analysis on TfT? We were continuing to post just as much free content here following the launch of BE. It's not an either / or situation.

It is posts such as yours that are EXACTLY the reason some people, including Neil and I, have stopped posting here and nothing to do with BE at all. Can you blame us?

You have succeeded in getting Neil, myself and others to stop posting here. Carry on attacking Tikay and Tighty and you might get rid of everyone. Well done, happy now?

Joe,

I don't have time to reply properly right now and I might choose to reply to you via PM but the sense of entitlement in your reply is the only breathtaking thing I can see. For example why would the amount of work BE takes to run have any relevance to how this thread has died a death?

The people that aren't posting I refer to are genuine regular guys that choose not to post anymore and speaking to some of them it is because they have the same feelings as I do. This became a place targeted by BE for their benefit and in turn went from a community forum to a section of closed sub groups on the back of that.

I'm not sure why understanding affiliates would make me less likely to find it distasteful either. Maybe I have misunderstood what you mean. What made you think targeting regular guys on here for you to benefit from the money they lose was going to endear you to those people or the people that just frequent the thread but don't sign up?

Cheers

Phil,

We have zero interest in communicating by PM. One of the best things about Bettingemporium is how transparent everything is and we have nothing to hide that can't be discussed in public.

Please see PM

Us starting up Bettingemporium is no reason for anyone to stop posting on TFT. Why would they stop posting? They are totally separate. Neil and I were contributing and I believe people liked us posting good bets and helping people. Nothing changed in that regard. Negative nasty posts is a perfect reason for not wanting to come here anymore though.

I would be repeating myself from the previous reply to answer again.

Say whaaat?

I'd like to ask you Phil why, if you knew that you were going to be so busy today, did you post in such an inflammatory manner. Did you think that you were going to be so rude to us, to Rich and about BE and then we were simply going to ignore it? It's not the first time that you have come on, stirred things up, and then ignored our replies.

You know that sense of entitlement I mentioned a before...

Regarding the affiliate/ conflict of interest thing, it's simple...if people bet all our tips and nothing else they win, simple as that. If that happens we are delighted. Hopefully they realise the value of the work that we do and subscribe more. If they lose because they stake badly, experience short term variance or bet on other things that they come up with we make a profit from affiliate revenue. That is how businesses generally work. We attract customers and sell them things...in this case we encourage them to sign up. We do not encourage them to lose but we are sure that some will. The fact that the account is tagged to us does not make them more likely to lose though so I can't see a conflict. If you are trying to say that we are deliberately tipping losers in order to attract affiliate revenue then it would appear that we are doing a very bad job. Those who just follow our tips are cleaning up.

Come on Joe, I know I don't have to explain this to you but just to make the point clear. If you sign up 100 people thru your affiliate link to one bookmaker and they all bet the suggestions you put up and those suggestions win they will get restricted again pretty quickly.

The ones that don't get restricted will be the ones that are leaking elsewhere, that might be their own bets or other areas, casino etc. So it is simply a numbers game at your end, you sign up the 100 and if they do lose, you get money. If they win they will be restricted again and so no better off, you lose nothing. But you just need one or two to do a lot in so their accounts remain open for you to benefit a lot. Why do you think that will endear you to the people here?

You can't see a conflict there, can anyone else?

As for the last point I have highlighted, you are just making things up there, I haven't said that and certainly don't think that and I can't see where anyone else has put that forward either.(unless they did and it was deleted)

Arbboy, we would say that some comedy pretend bookmakers like Stan James are likely to quickly close BE accounts without laying many bets. We realise that and we don't really waste time with those firms. That is why we are very busy building relationships with other firms, some of whom are not on Oddschecker, who are prepared to take a chance on some high volume, low margin clients, who are prepared to accept that they may have been over-zealous in the past with restrictions and who would now like some help weeding out those who only play steamers, bad each way and injuries and who may give some fair business.

“the sense of entitlement in your reply is the only breathtaking thing I can see ...”

You are at it again using undertones trying to suggest I have done something wrong when I/we haven't. Our only sense of entitlement is that we are entitled to set up a business and charge for our services. The fact that Neil and I are both long-term Blonde posters and friends of Blonde from the beginning surely doesn't mean we are not entitled to either post any more or run the business the way we choose to. We agreed an affiliate deal with Blonde early on as we were very keen for Blonde to share any revenue that we earned from the members here. Sadly Blonde has only earnt a relatively small amount because revenue from members here is extremely low. You try to make it sound like we built the business 'targeting' Blonde which is just not true. We would still have started Bettingemporium if TFT didn't exist. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative of us coming here, making three posts, exploiting the members for thousands and leaving.

So was it worth generating the ill feeling then Joe? Lets be clear even if you don't want to accept it the BE stuff has caused some issues and left a bad taste for some people. It has cost Tony his busiest thread making me and I guess others wondering how he has let that happen. I'm even sadder now that I know he's got bugger all in return, in fact he is worse off in more ways.

You simply have got this one wrong.

Well it's hard to say that I have got it wrong if you have generated so little interest from a concentrated selection of gamblers. Are you sure it is me that has called it wrong in this instance?

Shall I post the rest of the stuff I mentioned to you in private?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:04:08 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #95482 on: February 27, 2015, 06:26:16 AM »

Fix formatting pls
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95483 on: February 27, 2015, 07:55:18 AM »

Bobby1 does not seem to understand that the world moves along, nothing stays the same for ever.

This is a poker forum whose busiest thread is on sports betting QED

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #95484 on: February 27, 2015, 08:49:18 AM »

Would the last person please turn off the lights.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #95485 on: February 27, 2015, 09:51:20 AM »

I'm at a complete loss to understand the intended criticism of BE. Don't think they've ever done anything other than run their business in a completely honest and transparent manner.  As a punter you're at liberty to take or leave their services ( or of course just get the benefit of the significant free to access elements )
In addition the founders have contributed generously here with tips and advice.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #95486 on: February 27, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »

I'm at a complete loss to understand the intended criticism of BE. Don't think they've ever done anything other than run their business in a completely honest and transparent manner.  As a punter you're at liberty to take or leave their services ( or of course just get the benefit of the significant free to access elements )

It should be obvious why there is an "issue".

BE's activity on blonde has caused some knowledgeable individuals to stop posting in this thread.

BE operate bookmaking affiliate accounts that make money when punters lose, while the ethos of their site is to help punters win.

Nothing much can be done about the former and the latter, though a bit icky, is generally irrelevant if the info provided is helping punters win (although why a bookmaker would want such an affiliate is beyond me).

Obv it would be best if everyone moved on, but pretending that BE hasn't unintentionally caused a problem doesn't help that.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #95487 on: February 27, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »

Tikay has run this thread in a professional and neutral manner being fair to everyone

Tighty is the most respected poster on blonde and in my view deserves no criticism what so ever
The majority of posters on here get up in the morning and go to work so they can pay bills
Tighty writes for numerous set ups so he can pay his bills everyone as the right to earn a living

The oldest complaint in the world is in play here.... Jealousy

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #95488 on: February 27, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »

It should be obvious why there is an "issue".

BE's activity on blonde has caused some knowledgeable individuals to stop posting in this thread.

BE operate bookmaking affiliate accounts that make money when punters lose, while the ethos of their site is to help punters win.

Nothing much can be done about the former and the latter, though a bit icky, is generally irrelevant if the info provided is helping punters win (although why a bookmaker would want such an affiliate is beyond me).

Obv it would be best if everyone moved on, but pretending that BE hasn't unintentionally caused a problem doesn't help that.

Don't understand the point. Winning gamblers with mainstream bookmakers only exist by piggybacking a sufficiently large population of losing gamblers.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #95489 on: February 27, 2015, 10:37:23 AM »

Tikay has run this thread in a professional and neutral manner being fair to everyone

Tighty is the most respected poster on blonde and in my view deserves no criticism what so ever
The majority of posters on here get up in the morning and go to work so they can pay bills
Tighty writes for numerous set ups so he can pay his bills everyone as the right to earn a living

The oldest complaint in the world is in play here.... Jealousy

I think that's a little harsh Trevor.

For better or for worse TFT has been cashed in to subsidise Blonde and the affilliate deal with BE gave them free license to head-hunt knowledgable contributors, most of whom now no longer post on here.

Just over a year ago we had a TFT long weekend in London with most of the then regulars in attendance, and it was tremendous fun. Bobby1, Camel, Dubai, Jakally, NeilC were some of the Fred elders who attended but sadly no longer post since Fred has been monetised.

It does feel to me like the family silver has been sold.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 6362 6363 6364 6365 [6366] 6367 6368 6369 6370 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: