blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:35:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6971 6972 6973 6974 [6975] 6976 6977 6978 6979 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444402 times)
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #104610 on: August 01, 2015, 01:16:42 AM »

Anyone got any tips for Newmarket tonight? I shall be punting and I am clueless 😆

hi Tom good luck tonight

you've caught us on a quiet afternoon it seems!

No worries, I actually booked a small win, which was a nice surprise! Nice little 9/2 came in for me at the 19:00 race. Memorial Day or something similar it was called. Had a few other sweats too, but not losing for a mug punter like me feels good!
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #104611 on: August 01, 2015, 01:27:50 AM »

I have friends who play Roller Derby in UK, US and Germany. Great sport! Don't dis it! You have to be tough to play that sport as you get the crap kicked out of you.

I will put some tips up if I find a market for the upcoming World playoffs and championships!

http://wftda.com/tournaments/2015
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104612 on: August 01, 2015, 02:49:23 AM »

I have friends who play Roller Derby in UK, US and Germany. Great sport! Don't dis it! You have to be tough to play that sport as you get the crap kicked out of you.

I will put some tips up if I find a market for the upcoming World playoffs and championships!

http://wftda.com/tournaments/2015

I have friends that are starting up a team in elgin cant believe game on wheels and I still cant join in

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #104613 on: August 01, 2015, 03:28:24 AM »

Sorry i was on my phone at a restaurant with friends, I got a text from a player who plays for Newcastle saying colo just announced to the team he's leaving and joining pardew at palace. Makes sense because he's sat out every pre season friendly so far. Not been announced captain and we've just signed a new centre half yesterday.

I actually haven't posted many "max" bets they've usually been optimistic nufc bets with big odds Cheesy or the long odds big brother bet etc

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #104614 on: August 01, 2015, 08:15:53 AM »

Bookie          Profit     Amt Bet   ROI     No.
Bwin      3,137.33   4,852.86   64.65   128

That's a crazy ROI. No wonder Bwin never wanted anymore more of Fred's custom.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104615 on: August 01, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »

Sorry i was on my phone at a restaurant with friends, I got a text from a player who plays for Newcastle saying colo just announced to the team he's leaving and joining pardew at palace. Makes sense because he's sat out every pre season friendly so far. Not been announced captain and we've just signed a new centre half yesterday.

I actually haven't posted many "max" bets they've usually been optimistic nufc bets with big odds Cheesy or the long odds big brother bet etc

No worries  Patrick, & thanks.

I do hope this comes across as intended, but the constructive point that needed making was that, to be a winning punter (& there are no exceptions to this rule) .....

NEVER EVER place or recommend a bet without knowing or stating the price.

To bet "price unseen" would be like playing poker without looking at our hole cards.

Of all the hundreds of lessons I've taken from Fred, after being a mug punter for 30+ years, this was easily the most important one 

Imagine, say, Arsenal v Sunderland at The Emirates. Who we gonna back? The Arse, obv. but what if we were offered 100/1 Sunderland, who would we bet then?

Going back to the bet, Colo is a player who really impresses me, & if he goes to Palace, it bodes well for them, & not so well for NUFC, imo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #104616 on: August 01, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »

I do hope this comes across as intended, but the constructive point that needed making was that, to be a winning punter (& there are no exceptions to this rule) .....

To bet "price unseen" would be like playing poker without looking at our hole cards.

Of all the hundreds of lessons I've taken from Fred, after being a mug punter for 30+ years, this was easily the most important one 

Imagine, say, Arsenal v Sunderland at The Emirates. Who we gonna back? The Arse, obv. but what if we were offered 100/1 Sunderland, who would we bet then?

Going back to the bet, Colo is a player who really impresses me, & if he goes to Palace, it bodes well for them, & not so well for NUFC, imo.

If Annette could do it I'm sure BITB could too
http://annetteobrestad.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/annette-obrestad-blindno-look-at-cards.html

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104617 on: August 01, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »

Bookie          Profit     Amt Bet   ROI     No.
Bwin      3,137.33   4,852.86   64.65   128

That's a crazy ROI. No wonder Bwin never wanted anymore more of Fred's custom.

Yes, we can't be greatly surprised they restricted us so heavily.

I just had a quick peruse at how we achieved that.....

We had just under £100 (we were maxed) on Jordan Spieth to win the US Open @ 20/1. We hedged a lump, but the BWin copped for the £2,000. Think that was a Chompy one. (Apologies if I am incorrect). Think it was intended as a trading position, but Chomps spotted he was 20/1 with BWin & 10/1 or 12/1 everywhere else. The point of the bet was he could never be a greater price, the price HAD to be wrong. We were buying money, & very cheap, too. Easy game when these Elders give us a steer.

£100 on Djokovic @ 2/1, placed back in January I think.

£60 @ 6/1 on Wiggins, NBA Rookie of the Year.

Stoke Top Ten, £150 @ 5/2 (last season)

Plus a host of Stoke City & Crystal Palace bets last season, most of which got home.

I'm glad you raised the matter, as in checking the stats, I discovered £360 in the BWin account (from Djokovic I assume), which I may as well withdraw, as we can barely get a quid on there these days.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:04:24 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104618 on: August 01, 2015, 08:52:47 AM »

I just withdrew £350 from BWin, & they charged me a £1.50 fee.

Is that normal procedure, do other Firms do the same?

I don't withdraw very often, just leave it there for future use, but it seems a bit of a cheek to charge to withdraw.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104619 on: August 01, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »

If Annette could do it I'm sure BITB could too
http://annetteobrestad.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/annette-obrestad-blindno-look-at-cards.html

He probably could, yes. He could never be a profitable punter if he places bets without knowing the price though.

An odd aside. I interviewed Annette in Vegas this year, & it got more views than almost any of the 50 videos we released from Vegas this year. We interviewed Sam Trickett, Danny Negreanu, Jason Somervile, Jason Mercier & Shane Warne amongst others. The Annette interview received up to 10 times more views than the others, it even had 4 times as many views as the Lord Sir God Danny Negreanu one.

Who'd have thought?

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #104620 on: August 01, 2015, 09:04:13 AM »

I don't withdraw very often, just leave it there for future use, but it seems a bit of a cheek to charge to withdraw.

I think bwin are a bit cheeky, first time I withdrew they done the same to me, next time I withdrew I noticed their default is to withdraw in euro's! You have to change it to pounds, although on this occasion I withdrew to PayPal, no charge the second time but I don't know whether it's changing the currency or withdrawing to paypal that doesn't cost anything.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #104621 on: August 01, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »

They are sneaky too, as they dont tell you it will be deducted. It just happens when you click confirm. They should be more clear, as i imagine that would encourage people to leave more balance in there. They shouldnt really be allowed to charge, it seems wrong to me.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104622 on: August 01, 2015, 09:06:44 AM »

I think bwin are a bit cheeky, first time I withdrew they done the same to me, next time I withdrew I noticed their default is to withdraw in euro's! You have to change it to pounds, although on this occasion I withdrew to PayPal, no charge the second time but I don't know whether it's changing the currency or withdrawing to paypal that doesn't cost anything.

I don't have Paypal, I withdrew to a Debit Card. All our transactions were in Sterling.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104623 on: August 01, 2015, 09:08:37 AM »

They are sneaky too, as they don't tell you it will be deducted. It just happens when you click confirm. They should be more clear, as i imagine that would encourage people to leave more balance in there. They shouldnt really be allowed to charge, it seems wrong to me.

Exactly that.

At that point, you can change your mind I suppose, but it just feels a bit wrong to me. Anyway, it matters not to Fred, we are non persona grata (that's French or Latin or something) there now.

Do other Firms do the same?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #104624 on: August 01, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »

Yep they have always charged for debit card

Complained to them moons ago said it was standard practice....

Just it's only them that do it.

Pages: 1 ... 6971 6972 6973 6974 [6975] 6976 6977 6978 6979 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: