blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273125 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 7075 7076 [7077] 7078 7079 7080 7081 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13609149 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106140 on: August 28, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »

The Preston over Leeds spread bet is up to 6.5 points to sell now (It's Preston points minus Leeds points).  This makes little sense to me - Preston have struggled for goals (5 points) while Leeds have drawn all 4 matches.   Leeds looked decent in patches to me against Burnley and Wednesday in the televised games and I think they'll improve this season under Rosler.

I think it's a sell.  Recommend £3 if Fred wants it (in line with the size of our other positions).  Max downside probably 40 points in the unlikely scenario Leeds are at the foot and Preston make playoffs.

Let me know if you want it and I'll add to Fred's book.  (Fred's mid is currently + £27)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106141 on: August 28, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »

is Bacsinszky not a runner at 100-1 in the safarova quarter?

wimbledon quarters, french semis, ranked 14, had a really good year

wiki was my shortcut

"Bacsinszky began the year in Shenzhen, upsetting No. 4 Petra Kvitová in the semifinal before losing to No. 3 Simona Halep in her first WTA final in five years. She then reached the third round of the Australian Open followed by back-to-back titles in Mexico at Acapulco and Monterrey, beating Caroline Garcia in both finals. As a result, her ranking rose into the top 30 for the first time. She continued this good form at the Indian Wells Premier Mandatory, defeating No. 8 Ekaterina Makarova en route to the quarterfinals where she lost to No. 1 Serena Williams, thereby ending her win streak at a career-best 15 matches.[4]

At the French Open she advanced past the third round of a Grand Slam for the first time, once again upsetting Kvitová. She made it all the way to the semifinals and a rematch with No. 1 Williams; Bacsinszky led by a set and a break but lost the last 10 games.[11] Then by making the quarterfinals of Wimbledon, overcoming Monica Niculescu in the fourth round (who had a 4-1 head-to-head and who swept the first set 6-1), her ranking rose to 14."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106142 on: August 28, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »

The Preston over Leeds spread bet is up to 6.5 points to sell now (It's Preston points minus Leeds points).  This makes little sense to me - Preston have struggled for goals (5 points) while Leeds have drawn all 4 matches.   Leeds looked decent in patches to me against Burnley and Wednesday in the televised games and I think they'll improve this season under Rosler.

I think it's a sell.  Recommend £3 if Fred wants it (in line with the size of our other positions).  Max downside probably 40 points in the unlikely scenario Leeds are at the foot and Preston make playoffs.

Let me know if you want it and I'll add to Fred's book.  (Fred's mid is currently + £27)

we have lots of leeds fans around

can we get a leeds view first? you can concentrate on the heroic carthorse chris wood if you like. very good championship goalscorer

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106143 on: August 28, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »

is Bacsinszky not a runner at 100-1 in the safarova quarter?

wimbledon quarters, french semis, ranked 14, had a really good year

wiki was my shortcut

"Bacsinszky began the year in Shenzhen, upsetting No. 4 Petra Kvitová in the semifinal before losing to No. 3 Simona Halep in her first WTA final in five years. She then reached the third round of the Australian Open followed by back-to-back titles in Mexico at Acapulco and Monterrey, beating Caroline Garcia in both finals. As a result, her ranking rose into the top 30 for the first time. She continued this good form at the Indian Wells Premier Mandatory, defeating No. 8 Ekaterina Makarova en route to the quarterfinals where she lost to No. 1 Serena Williams, thereby ending her win streak at a career-best 15 matches.[4]

At the French Open she advanced past the third round of a Grand Slam for the first time, once again upsetting Kvitová. She made it all the way to the semifinals and a rematch with No. 1 Williams; Bacsinszky led by a set and a break but lost the last 10 games.[11] Then by making the quarterfinals of Wimbledon, overcoming Monica Niculescu in the fourth round (who had a 4-1 head-to-head and who swept the first set 6-1), her ranking rose to 14."

I looked at Bacs, but thing that put me off was the 3 losses in a row post Wimbledon.  Was hammered by Garcia 6-1 6-3 or some such.  Still 100-1 is 100-1 for a return to form I guess?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106144 on: August 28, 2015, 12:47:02 PM »

we have lots of leeds fans around

can we get a leeds view first? you can concentrate on the heroic carthorse chris wood if you like. very good championship goalscorer

Sure.  I raised it a few weeks back when it was 4 to sell and I liked it then, and I don't see what has happened to justify the price rise personally.  I already have a position to if Fred wants a chunk let me know today some time.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106145 on: August 28, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »

Katarina Johnson thompson

not sure i have ever seen a long jumper so scared of a red flag. decelerated in the last few strides of her long jump runs, very strange

** goes to delete emails ** lol

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106146 on: August 28, 2015, 02:15:53 PM »

same as yesterday (got to love a trier)

anything here that might be mispriced?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/europa-league

My eyes are open wide
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106147 on: August 28, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »

Katarina Johnson thompson

not sure i have ever seen a long jumper so scared of a red flag. decelerated in the last few strides of her long jump runs, very strange

** goes to delete emails ** lol

Ive never seen such ridic coverage. There are 3 british athletes in the final, and the others immediately seemed bigger medal contenders, they may actually get some attention now KJT is out. Id also like to see more coverage of the ukrainain long jumper...
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106148 on: August 28, 2015, 02:19:40 PM »

lol now you remember we have other athletes
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106149 on: August 28, 2015, 02:45:53 PM »

This Dutch girl really does look like she is on 'roids to me. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106150 on: August 28, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »

very likeable girl but huge improvements since 2013 are always going to arouse suspcion

only 23 years old though, so i wouldn't be rushing to put her in the cheat camp. that's the price all these athletes pay for the suspcion in the sport these days though

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106151 on: August 28, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »

very likeable girl but huge improvements since 2013 are always going to arouse suspcion

only 23 years old though, so i wouldn't be rushing to put her in the cheat camp. that's the price all these athletes pay for the suspcion in the sport these days though

I was talking as much about her physical appearance as much as her times and the confirmed drug cheats her times now surround herself with.

One for the older guys as i am just too young to remember Kathy Cook (former British 200m record holder for nearly 30 years until today).  How good was she in the drug fuelled era of Eastern European athletics in the early 80s?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106152 on: August 28, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »

she was robbed of multiple major medals by the careers of the likes of heike dreschler and jarmila kratotchvilova

it is amazing to look back, east germany won 37-47 gold medals in each of the 76,80 and 88 olympics and 37 of those golds were in athletics.

None were clean 

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106153 on: August 28, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »

she was robbed of multiple major medals by the careers of the likes of heike dreschler and jarmila kratotchvilova

it is amazing to look back, east germany won 37-47 gold medals in each of the 76,80 and 88 olympics and 37 of those golds were in athletics.

None were clean  

Was she clean though?  Given the times she was putting up in that era?  I always think the same about Sharon Davies as well fwiw given how close she was getting to obvious serial drug cheats in the pool from the same countries.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:19:48 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106154 on: August 28, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »

I was talking as much about her physical appearance as much as her times and the confirmed drug cheats her times now surround herself with.

One for the older guys as i am just too young to remember Kathy Cook (former British 200m record holder for nearly 30 years until today).  How good was she in the drug fuelled era of Eastern European athletics in the early 80s?

Remember her well. Gay icon, had an affair with Brucie.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 7073 7074 7075 7076 [7077] 7078 7079 7080 7081 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: