blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8109 8110 8111 8112 [8113] 8114 8115 8116 8117 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 14114286 times)
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #121680 on: September 18, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »

Absolute car crash of a weekend for the F1 betting wise, mainly caused by the start incident.

Things not going well for me at all of late Sad

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121681 on: September 18, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »

Absolute car crash of a weekend for the F1 betting wise, mainly caused by the start incident.

Don't worry about today Peter, these things happen. Sample size and all that. Smiley

No complaints here, none at all, we'll win the war, a few lost battles along the way is no big deal to Fred.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121682 on: September 18, 2016, 04:31:38 PM »

His record is good enough, over a large enough sample...[my italics]

Are you sure of that? You have to have a hell of a lot of bets at short odds to be sure you're outperforming a random walk. [*hopes Doobs or another of Fred's mathematicians comes in to the thread with the formula for this rather than my handwaving*]

No, I'm not sure of that. As far as I can see, Hector puts up mostly rugby + tennis bets and he puts up the outsider of the two for the most part. He sees matchups where the bookies fave should actually be the outsider. He's profitable over a large sample. If the sample is large enough, I don't know. I would love to see one of the maths guys come up with a formula for what % we can be confident of Hector's results.
If that is Camel's point, that Hector is simply running hot, then okay just say so. Then it can be looked at.

I don't think he's disparaging the bet Tom, just asking what the rationale is.

I think he is Ralph.
When the last little argument broke out (when Camel asked if Hector was basing a tennis bet on H2H stats) I pm'ed Camel basically what I've written here, asking what the purpose of these comments were. He didn't reply.
It's completely disingenous imo. Of course he knows Hector isn't only using H2H stats. Clearly he's using his eye test too and like in his rugby bets, his evaluation of how styles/players match up etc.
If Camel wants a break down on how all these styles/player matchups etc. play out, Hector will have to write an essay every time he recommends a bet. We don't ask this of others, so what gives?

If Camel thinks he's running hot and he can't evaluate matches better than the traders, please say so. 

Speaking for the maths guys.  I can't even be sure how much he wins as it isn't published.  Working out the significance is obviously impossible in the circumstances.

All bets on here can be questioned, includung mine.  Far better that than the aftertiming, sneering we get sometimes.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #121683 on: September 18, 2016, 04:35:01 PM »

His record is good enough, over a large enough sample, for him to just say, "Huddersfield, do it", without any further comment.

Out of interest, in your opinion, at what stage does this happen? What is a large sample size exactly?

http://web.archive.org/web/20041009202829/http://www.0dd5.com/matharchie.shtml

as an aside - is it reasonable for Hector to keep some secrets and post some of his reasons for his picks but not all of them? (I don't know if he does this.)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:38:38 PM by doubleup » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121684 on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »

Stoke relegation/Hughes first manager to leave markets look interesting ?  (4/1 , 7/5 )

They look terrible this season.

If only we had a Stoke fan who could advise us.

Fred has a ticket with 7/2 Stoke to be relegated written on it. Looking good right now. Poor old Sparky, hard to see why the wheels have come off so quickly.

Surely it can't be lolzzStoke replacing Lollapool can it?

Argue will be along with a view on that at some stage. He may have an opinion. Think it'd be rather fun to see him return & venting his spleen. Gently, like.   

Think everyone will be delighted to see Team Pardew doing better, obv.   

This is a sample size of 5?  Dovetailing like a boss.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #121685 on: September 18, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »

Del Potro is out of the Davis Cup deciding tie and Dan Evans starts odds on over Leo Mayer.
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121686 on: September 18, 2016, 04:47:07 PM »

I'm pretty sure Hector played Rugby professionaly or at the very least first class. That said, I don't see why someone who doesn't contribute to this thread (I include myself in this) should question people who do contribute.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121687 on: September 18, 2016, 04:49:10 PM »

Stoke relegation/Hughes first manager to leave markets look interesting ?  (4/1 , 7/5 )

Fred has a ticket with 7/2 Stoke to be relegated written on it. Looking good right now. Poor old Sparky, hard to see why the wheels have come off so quickly.

Argue will be along with a view on that at some stage. He may have an opinion. Think it'd be rather fun to see him return & venting his spleen. Gently, like.   

All part of a campaign to get Pulis back to Stoke.

At 4-0, not sure if Palace are playing great, or Stoke are really lol.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #121688 on: September 18, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »

Pardiola knows, obv.

I'm sure Pads will be in tell us how well he set them up today, too Wink

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121689 on: September 18, 2016, 05:02:37 PM »

Pardiola knows, obv.

I'm sure Pads will be in tell us how well he set them up today, too Wink

Think we have a big enough sample size to know Pardiola is the GOAT though.  So looking forward to the impending battles between the two greatest managers later in the season.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #121690 on: September 18, 2016, 05:08:08 PM »

I don't want to be the metaphor police, here, but come on!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #121691 on: September 18, 2016, 05:09:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure Hector played Rugby professionaly or at the very least first class. That said, I don't see why someone who doesn't contribute to this thread (I include myself in this) should question people who do contribute.

I remember hearing that too but I don't know.
I would have more confidence in his rugby bets than his tennis bets but I follow all Hectors bet blind as I don't have any knowledge of either and the results seem to stand up.
I think it's fine for someone to question Hectors results or thought process without putting up stuff himself (after all we have Camel to thank for starting this thread and for that I'm eternally grateful to him) but Camel isn't really doing that. He's continually asking if Hector is basing his bets on simple stats. He must know Hector isn't. If the question is, is Hector just running hot, then why wasn't that the first question Camel asked? That's a fair question that causes no offence. This disingenous way of constantly sniping is clearly annoying to many posters, so why do it this way?
Just state the issue Camel. We all know you're a very smart man and miss your input here so this is all meant with the greatest of respect.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #121692 on: September 18, 2016, 05:24:47 PM »

What on earth has happened to Stoke?  They look stronger on paper this year after being a solid midtable operator last year.  I imagine they will turn a corner soon but got to be a point when potters fans worry that it isn't just a blip.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121693 on: September 18, 2016, 05:37:05 PM »

Meanwhile, back at the coal face, Huddersfield lead 20-10 with 4 minutes remaining.

And if that does not bok us, nothing will.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #121694 on: September 18, 2016, 05:48:08 PM »

What on earth has happened to Stoke?  They look stronger on paper this year after being a solid midtable operator last year.  I imagine they will turn a corner soon but got to be a point when potters fans worry that it isn't just a blip.

Starting shay given who moves as quick as I do at present can't help
Pages: 1 ... 8109 8110 8111 8112 [8113] 8114 8115 8116 8117 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: