blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 11:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273483 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8111 8112 8113 8114 [8115] 8116 8117 8118 8119 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13642324 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #121710 on: September 18, 2016, 10:21:55 PM »

Big Fred news...

After Adele rejected the offer (we gather), the 2017 Superb Owl halftime show will be provided by...

Barbara Streisand has had a lot of work done.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #121711 on: September 18, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »

Didn't know Bruce Jenner had started singing, too.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #121712 on: September 18, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »

Big Fred news...

After Adele rejected the offer (we gather), the 2017 Superb Owl halftime show will be provided by...

Zara Phillips?

Zara Phillips' horse?
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #121713 on: September 18, 2016, 10:38:01 PM »

Following on from the above two posts
What about the without Celtic market
https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/scottish/premiership/betting-without-celtic

I'm pretty sure we're already on Aberdeen at around 7/2, personally I'm on both Aberdeen and Hearts at bigger prices than they are now but I couldn't put anyone off. Rangers next 4 games include away games at Aberdeen, Hearts and Inverness.
For a wee bit of fun I'm also on Ragers to finish bottom 6 at 80/1.

Cant't remember if you put this up or if it was me Teacake but it really is easy pickings.  I couldn't believe the price the rangers started behind Celtic for the league. 

I think it might have been Rod but yes I've enjoyed the journey, long may it continue Wink
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #121714 on: September 18, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure Hector played Rugby professionaly or at the very least first class. That said, I don't see why someone who doesn't contribute to this thread (I include myself in this) should question people who do contribute.

This.

I would hate to lose a resource like hector because of remarks from non contributors.

Not sure how long he has to keep producing the goods before these remarks keep popping up?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #121715 on: September 19, 2016, 12:01:12 AM »

Following on from the above two posts
What about the without Celtic market
https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/scottish/premiership/betting-without-celtic

I'm pretty sure we're already on Aberdeen at around 7/2, personally I'm on both Aberdeen and Hearts at bigger prices than they are now but I couldn't put anyone off. Rangers next 4 games include away games at Aberdeen, Hearts and Inverness.
For a wee bit of fun I'm also on Ragers to finish bottom 6 at 80/1.

Cant't remember if you put this up or if it was me Teacake but it really is easy pickings.  I couldn't believe the price the rangers started behind Celtic for the league. 

I think it might have been Rod but yes I've enjoyed the journey, long may it continue Wink

I think Ironside said it on the Scottish football thread. We were all thinking it though.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #121716 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:16 AM »

On our Fantasy Football bets, after having a decent-ish start, we're having a Mare Smiley
West Ham are shocking and Adrian is getting nothing. Gomes we expected to have a tough start with his tough opening games (which Watford have done pretty well from) but he's below where we'd expect. Neither are too far away though so plenty of time for that to turn.
Redmond our 125/1 shot after scoring in the 1st match and getting me all excited hasn't scored since and Austin is now looking like getting run outs, which doesn't help.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #121717 on: September 19, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »

People need to pipe down a bit.

I asked Hector a perfectly civil question which as usual remained unanswered.

I always mistakenly thought betting on teams in must win spots was the biggest ice cream play in gambling.

How am I going to learn how to be a winning punter if the best tipster on the thread won't answer my queries?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #121718 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:03 AM »

Very early on but a Vikings win over the packers would be good for tighty's Vikings division win bet.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #121719 on: September 19, 2016, 02:06:18 AM »

What on earth has happened to Stoke?  They look stronger on paper this year after being a solid midtable operator last year.  I imagine they will turn a corner soon but got to be a point when potters fans worry that it isn't just a blip.

Starting shay given who moves as quick as I do at present can't help

I went to watch the game in person for the first time in yonks. I literally saw Given coming out of the tunnel and put a pretty sizeable bet for me on the Palace win at over evens such is how lowly i unfortunately think of him even though he is an Ireland legend. Thankfully internet coverage is alright at Selhurst Smiley

4 years ago he was past it imo at the euros.

He is also terrible at claiming crosses generally and think that is the really big issue with him and for keeping his defenders calm in front of him, that safety of a commanding keeper really improves the performance of the back line and runs through the team. From the BBC, "The Potters have won just one of the 12 league games the former Birmingham man (Butland) has missed... the 40-year-old (Given) has now conceded 26 times in his 10 Premier League appearances for the Potters." The keeper position is the most important on the field and its effecting the whole team and I think he was at fault for Palace's first today not coming to punch it, always generally rooted to his spot.

However, we sucker punched them with two set pieces early doors today which i think hides their true quality a little bit because you are always going to be dejected after that, and also Benteke is finally finding his rhythm as well as Townsend finally finding it as well and also McCarthur after fitness issues. So really today was the first time I looked at Palace and thought going forward we finally have some potency cooking. Benteke really showing up Wickham in terms of hold up play and headering capability and pace, and he looks like he is going to be our saviour linking up play going forward. Finally in the prem we have a man up to the challenge.

Defensively we are still shaky, which was evident in at least 3 clear cut chances they had.

I am going to be watching the full 90 of all Palace games going forward, so I will be contributing to thread much more regularly this season than i did last.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121720 on: September 19, 2016, 02:09:22 AM »

Very early on but a Vikings win over the packers would be good for tighty's Vikings division win bet.

What is this?  I thought I'd see how they were doing and they haven't even started. That must be a first as bok attempts go.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #121721 on: September 19, 2016, 02:36:46 AM »

Just a reminder the game was coming up..
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #121722 on: September 19, 2016, 03:44:57 AM »

It's hard to know where it's gone wrong for us (Stoke) since last season. Injuries to key players in the last 12-18 months hasn't helped, players such as shawcross, Bojan and Affelay who were in fine form before both requiring surgery and coming back a shell of their former selves, and now more recent injuries such as for Butland, Johnson and Shaqiri. But I still don't think this can explain why we've been so awful. I don't believe Hughes knows how to set up a defence, how the relationship between your centre backs is vital, how your keeper interacts with those infront of them etc. He seems to throw a different back 4 together each week in the hope that magically it will all come together. At least last season going forward we could mask the problems at the back. This season we offer nothing; no creativity, no urge to get forward, no idea. We've been crying out for some pace and flair on the wing in shaqiri's absence, and the young Egyptian lad Sobhi seems to be a suitable temporary replacement, yet Hughes chooses Jonny Walters ahead of him. I won't even start on shay given, how he's starting is beyond me, our youth keeper would be a better option between the sticks.

It's a very frustrating time, given our platform to build on from last season. I'm also not sure Hughes is set for the axe for at least a couple of months. Peter Coates always have time to Pulis when he was under a lot of pressure, I can't see why it's any different here. I don't want to use the term "too good to go down" but things need to pick up sharpish, or we could have Shaqiri playing Burton away next season!

Feed em rice.
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #121723 on: September 19, 2016, 05:43:31 AM »

Vikings win 17-14..
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121724 on: September 19, 2016, 07:11:42 AM »

People need to pipe down a bit.

I asked Hector a perfectly civil question which as usual remained unanswered.

I always mistakenly thought betting on teams in must win spots was the biggest ice cream play in gambling.

How am I going to learn how to be a winning punter if the best tipster on the thread won't answer my queries?

You are a winning punter and are also the best tipster on this thread so stop being so sarcastic.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Pages: 1 ... 8111 8112 8113 8114 [8115] 8116 8117 8118 8119 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: