blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8382 8383 8384 8385 [8386] 8387 8388 8389 8390 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436358 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #125775 on: February 17, 2017, 10:52:04 PM »

Review of episode 1.

Richard Whiteley takes 8 minutes to explain to you he bets on horses and he'll study the form before going to bed. I guess in 1994 Neil Channing hadn't made it as a pro gambler in his own right and was still a speechwriter.

Whiteley gets to bed as the National Anthem starts, having selected two bets.

Whiteley then changes shirt but not tie for his trip to a racecourse. There's a compelling "Will he? Won't he?" about whether he will travel to Market Rasen. I won't spoil that for you. He builds the suspense well by mentioning the dilemma relentlessly.

Also, if you press the red button (on your teletext remote, that is), you can play the Bamboozle quiz and decide how many times Whiteley says the word "actually".

Good watch so far.

Bamboozle - fking hell that takes me back, used to do the mensa ones too. A bit of light relief after spending an hour waiting for all those teletex pages to change to the one you wanted
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #125776 on: February 17, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »

Fax machine, Superform, Sporting Life, Teletext, Raceform Update. James Whale on the telly.

Shows how quickly things change.

James Whale.  Men and Motors!!!  What a channel that was.

What a channel indeeed!

Jo Guest <3
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo+guest&rlz=1C1CAFB_enGB615GB615&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=974&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwichI3yg5jSAhXHJsAKHTCjAugQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1

For the benefit of our younger readers!

I remember when Phil Babb (lolapool centre half of the time) blamed Miss Guest for his drop in form because she never wanted to stop shagging him!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Babb

He scored some goals for a defender at Bradford jesus!

He played up front for us in a fair few games from memory. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #125777 on: February 18, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »

Hi all,

This weekend sees round three of the FIA Formula E Championship take place at the gorgeous Puerto Madero circuit in Argentina Cheesy

As things stand, the only bookie offering odds as far as I can tell is Sky Bet. Suggestions below:

Race Winner - Sebastien Buemi @ 13/8. I don't see why this should be over EVS. Sebastien has won the first two races, despite not having a pole position this year, and Renault clearly have the fastest car. Suggest £50.

Race Winner - Felix Rosenqvist @ 28/1. One of the most talented and exciting drivers in the championship. The noises coming from Mahindra are very positive at the moment - and they're a team that have already had two podiums this season. 28/1 is bonkers. The current prediction of thunderstorms during the event (which could produce the first ever wet race) would play into Felix's hands too. My suggestion would be £25 EW (1-3 1/5) - but you might be limited on that.

Practice one is at 11:00AM UK time, so bets needs to be placed before then.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125778 on: February 18, 2017, 09:47:27 AM »

NBA All star game.

Basically all the best players play an exhibition match. Zero defence is played and they score masses of points. It isn't really a serious game. There are markets up and somehow the East are 2/1 for this. Objectively the West does have better players, but only five can be on the court at a time and only one can shoot. The east have some really great shooters, just like the west does. I would say people are on the West for the narrative of Westbrook playing together with Durant again and the fact that Harden, the other outstanding player of the season so far is on this team.

I don't really see how this can't be close to a flip so I recommend £25 on the East at 2/1 with BV
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/eastern-conference-at-western-conference/winner

think this is on Monday?

i can't get 2/1 and am away all day but if you let me know if you'd take slightly under 2/1 i can place it tomorrow

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125779 on: February 18, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »

Hi all,

This weekend sees round three of the FIA Formula E Championship take place at the gorgeous Puerto Madero circuit in Argentina Cheesy

As things stand, the only bookie offering odds as far as I can tell is Sky Bet. Suggestions below:

Race Winner - Sebastien Buemi @ 13/8. I don't see why this should be over EVS. Sebastien has won the first two races, despite not having a pole position this year, and Renault clearly have the fastest car. Suggest £50.

Race Winner - Felix Rosenqvist @ 28/1. One of the most talented and exciting drivers in the championship. The noises coming from Mahindra are very positive at the moment - and they're a team that have already had two podiums this season. 28/1 is bonkers. The current prediction of thunderstorms during the event (which could produce the first ever wet race) would play into Felix's hands too. My suggestion would be £25 EW (1-3 1/5) - but you might be limited on that.

welcome back to motorsport

your task this season is to get bookmakers to offer FormulaE please. A few well written emails to Hills, Corals, Sportingbet and Betfred should do it.

report back :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125780 on: February 18, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »

NBA All star game.

Basically all the best players play an exhibition match. Zero defence is played and they score masses of points. It isn't really a serious game. There are markets up and somehow the East are 2/1 for this. Objectively the West does have better players, but only five can be on the court at a time and only one can shoot. The east have some really great shooters, just like the west does. I would say people are on the West for the narrative of Westbrook playing together with Durant again and the fact that Harden, the other outstanding player of the season so far is on this team.

I don't really see how this can't be close to a flip so I recommend £25 on the East at 2/1 with BV
http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/eastern-conference-at-western-conference/winner

think this is on Monday?

i can't get 2/1 and am away all day but if you let me know if you'd take slightly under 2/1 i can place it tomorrow

Very late Sunday night/monday am.  Not convinced its any great value at all.  The West have a far superior squad.  Lebron is banged up playing bundles of minutes on a nightly basis coping with Cleveland's injury situation and the East coach is the cavs coach so i can't see him smashing his minutes in a game like this.  There is zero debate that the West are the favs for the match.  It is just a question of how strong a fav they are.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125781 on: February 18, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

Can anyone find the last episode of 4 on the 1994 'pro gambler' series on you tube?  I watched the first three but can't find the last one.  Does it exist?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125782 on: February 18, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »

Taking a real flyer on a potential ante post bet for Cheltenham, before the Stat Pack take a closer look.

In the last 4 years Paul Nichols has really done well in the Fred Winter, two wins, 4 seconds, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 1 5th. Not bad, from 11 runners eh?!

The weights aren't out yet, but it almost feels like a bet opportunity.

He has two that take the eye at this stage. Dolos who ran ok behind the current Triumph Hurdle fav at Chepstow, without looking to be overly exerted. Clearly not a Triumph horse, but looked like it was there to get a tidy mark for this.

The real eyecatcher, however, is a horse called Chameron.

So far we have yet to see Chameron race in the UK, but he won both his races late last year in Auteuil.

I suspect Nichols feels he has a real machine, and is hoping to get a handy mark without showing his hand.

I could be well wide of the mark, but at 20-1 NRNB, if he takes his chance, once the stats boys notice him, I am sure he will go off a lot shorter than this. If he doesnt get in, or they go elsewhere, we get our money back.

Based on the Nichols M/O for this race, I would welcome others thoughts before we place a bet.

i have nowhere to go with this

can someone help us out with Bet365? (£20 e/w?)

http://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/fred-winter-juvenile-novices-hurdle/winner

Booked

Thanks David - £40 sent by Bank TX.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #125783 on: February 18, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »

NBA All star game.

think this is on Monday?

Very late Sunday night/monday am.  Not convinced its any great value at all.  The West have a far superior squad.  Lebron is banged up playing bundles of minutes on a nightly basis coping with Cleveland's injury situation and the East coach is the cavs coach so i can't see him smashing his minutes in a game like this.  There is zero debate that the West are the favs for the match.  It is just a question of how strong a fav they are.

Happy to bow to your opinion and say leave it for Fred.

I take your point and for sure I would agree west would be the faves, but I would counter by saying that this isn't a real match. Also if LeBron doesn't play too much the east have DeRozan, Giannia, Butler, George, Anthony, John Wall. All great shooters if they get hot.

You could say the same about the Western side. Is the Warriors coach going to play Curry, Durrant, Klay for loads of minutes? Possibly not.

I just think everyone is getting blinded by the hype of Westbrook playing with the Warriors and Harden together and actually either side could win. We saw in the rookie match last night, the World Team were dogs as they were perceived to have a weaker lineup, but a couple of their shooters got hot and they won.

---

I'd be interested in your opinion about the three point contest if you have one. Basically it is a high variance shoot off. For those that don't know, each player shoots 25 balls, five of which are worth double. Then the top three go into the final and shoot again. There are 8 competitors, all excellent three point shooters on their day. Klay Thompson is a huge favourite, best priced 2/1 and lower. People like Kemba Walker and Wes Matthews are 14/1. Thompson won it last year and is the highest profile player taking part but I don't see how someone can be so short and someone else can be so long in a contest which encompasses loads of luck. I've bet on the long shots.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125784 on: February 18, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »

NBA All star game.

think this is on Monday?

Very late Sunday night/monday am.  Not convinced its any great value at all.  The West have a far superior squad.  Lebron is banged up playing bundles of minutes on a nightly basis coping with Cleveland's injury situation and the East coach is the cavs coach so i can't see him smashing his minutes in a game like this.  There is zero debate that the West are the favs for the match.  It is just a question of how strong a fav they are.

I take your point and for sure I would agree west would be the faves, but I would counter by saying that this isn't a real match. Also if LeBron doesn't play too much the east have DeRozan, Giannia, Butler, George, Anthony, John Wall. All great shooters if they get hot.

You could say the same about the Western side. Is the Warriors coach going to play Curry, Durrant, Klay for loads of minutes? Possibly not.

I just think everyone is getting blinded by the hype of Westbrook playing with the Warriors and Harden together and actually either side could win. We saw in the rookie match last night, the World Team were dogs as they were perceived to have a weaker lineup, but a couple of their shooters got hot and they won.

---

I'd be interested in your opinion about the three point contest if you have one. Basically it is a high variance shoot off. For those that don't know, each player shoots 25 balls, five of which are worth double. Then the top three go into the final and shoot again. There are 8 competitors, all excellent three point shooters on their day. Klay Thompson is a huge favourite, best priced 2/1 and lower. People like Kemba Walker and Wes Matthews are 14/1. Thompson won it last year and is the highest profile player taking part but I don't see how someone can be so short and someone else can be so long in a contest which encompasses loads of luck. I've bet on the long shots.

I think the thing you have missed about the 3 point shoot out is the 1 minute time limit and speed of shot release and movement between the 5 spots on the court.  Thompson has one of the quickest releases whilst still maintaining great accuracy.  Obviously anyone can win this and the 2/1 is very short but i think there are reasons why that you haven't considered.  I remember doing my bollocks on it on betfair a few years ago.  I can't remember who i laid who cost me a chunk!

Do you have a link for the prices for it and the dunk competition?  I can't find it.  I can see them on betfair but is there an oddschecker link for them for the firms?

It is a piss poor field tbh.  Korver, Curry, Reddick all missing.  The Spurs just don't do the All star game.  Paddy Mills should be an automatic for this as well out of respect to the Spurs given only one of their players made the West team. 

At the prices i could only back Lowry tbh.  Irving looks a terrible 2nd fav to me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:23:43 AM by arbboy » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #125785 on: February 18, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »

not on oddschecker. But I've had a scout around and some quick best prices from last night which might have changed now.
Thompson 2/1 WH/Skai
Irving 6/1 Boils
McCollum 8/1 BV
Lowry 9/1 BV
Gordon10/1 Lads
Young 10/1 Lads, WH, BV
Matthews 14/1 Betwai, 12/1 elsewhere
Walker 14/1 WH, Betwai

No idea if any of the bookies will take a large bet on it.

The dunk competition is interesting. Basically there is a ringer in it. Jones from Phoenix. He is some kind of slam dunk expert by all accounts. He has barely played this year but he is in the contest and there must be a reason, right?

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/15/14633354/derrick-jones-jr-dunk-nba-contest-phoenix-suns-first
Scroll down to second video for a highlight reel from Jones in the reserve league.

Last years runner up Aaron Gordon is the favourite and people are very excited it seems for him this year. I found Jones at 15/8 with boils. Around 13/8 elsewhere. The other two are long odds. We can probably rule out DeAndre Jordan (the big man)

Click to see full-size image.

As an aside I find the excitement of the All Star week a bit stupid. I'm trying to think what the equivalent would be in the Premiership. Free Kick contest and a celeb penalty shootout?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:26:55 AM by bergeroo » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #125786 on: February 18, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »

NBA All star game.

think this is on Monday?

Very late Sunday night/monday am.  Not convinced its any great value at all.  The West have a far superior squad.  Lebron is banged up playing bundles of minutes on a nightly basis coping with Cleveland's injury situation and the East coach is the cavs coach so i can't see him smashing his minutes in a game like this.  There is zero debate that the West are the favs for the match.  It is just a question of how strong a fav they are.

---

I think the thing you have missed about the 3 point shoot out is the 1 minute time limit and speed of shot release and movement between the 5 spots on the court.  Thompson has one of the quickest releases whilst still maintaining great accuracy.  Obviously anyone can win this and the 2/1 is very short but i think there are reasons why that you haven't considered.  I remember doing my bollocks on it on betfair a few years ago.  I can't remember who i laid who cost me a chunk!

Do you have a link for the prices for it and the dunk competition?  I can't find it.  I can see them on betfair but is there an oddschecker link for them for the firms?

It is a piss poor field tbh.  Korver, Curry, Reddick all missing.  The Spurs just don't do the All star game.  Paddy Mills should be an automatic for this as well out of respect to the Spurs given only one of their players made the West team. 

At the prices i could only back Lowry tbh.  Irving looks a terrible 2nd fav to me.

For the three point contest yeah you have to do it fast. I'd say course form (having done it before) is somewhat relevant. Matthews did it once and was fourth, just outside the top three for the final shootout.

Agree Korver should be in there. No idea how they choose who is in it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125787 on: February 18, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »

not on oddschecker. But I've had a scout around and some quick best prices from last night which might have changed now.
Thompson 2/1 WH/Skai
Irving 6/1 Boils
McCollum 8/1 BV
Lowry 9/1 BV
Gordon10/1 Lads
Young 10/1 Lads, WH, BV
Matthews 14/1 Betwai, 12/1 elsewhere
Walker 14/1 WH, Betwai

No idea if any of the bookies will take a large bet on it.

The dunk competition is interesting. Basically there is a ringer in it. Jones from Phoenix. He is some kind of slam dunk expert by all accounts. He has barely played this year but he is in the contest and there must be a reason, right?

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/15/14633354/derrick-jones-jr-dunk-nba-contest-phoenix-suns-first
Scroll down to second video for a highlight reel from Jones in the reserve league.

Last years runner up Aaron Gordon is the favourite and people are very excited it seems for him this year. I found Jones at 15/8 with boils. Around 13/8 elsewhere. The other two are long odds. We can probably rule out DeAndre Jordan (the big man)

Click to see full-size image.

As an aside I find the excitement of the All Star week a bit stupid. I'm trying to think what the equivalent would be in the Premiership. Free Kick contest and a celeb penalty shootout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqPRdzrjWpU

As good as it gets still 30 years on.  Would be like Lebron and Durant taking part this year.  The true superstars took part in the dunk competition back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na6-whZPNck

Some of these weren't bad either.  Number 10 is English born Steve Nash providing the football header angle and number 9 is 5'7'' (yes he was 5'7'' dunking like that) Spud Webb.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:51:21 AM by arbboy » Logged
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #125788 on: February 18, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »

Hi all,

welcome back to motorsport

your task this season is to get bookmakers to offer FormulaE please. A few well written emails to Hills, Corals, Sportingbet and Betfred should do it.

report back :-)

Well, I do like a challenge. Noted.

Blimey, prices are now 6/5 & 16/1.

16/1 still a bet on Rosenqvist though.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125789 on: February 18, 2017, 12:27:47 PM »

Terrible scheduling and a missed opportunity for the six nations to be the prime attraction today with no EPL and very little other high class sport on today and plan the rest weekend this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 8382 8383 8384 8385 [8386] 8387 8388 8389 8390 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: