blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8402 8403 8404 8405 [8406] 8407 8408 8409 8410 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13409851 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #126075 on: February 27, 2017, 03:38:20 PM »

looking at Cheltenham top jockey, who is going to be the JP McManus number 1, and is there any value in the market?

I note that Mark Walsh (M P Walsh) is "unquoted"

yet "Mark Walsh has forged a close association with leading owner JP McManus and is regularly to be seen in the famous green and gold hoops. He rode his first Grade 1 winner on the McManus-owned Defy Logic at the Leopardstown Christmas festival in 2013. Injury robbed him of a first jockey's championship in the 2014/15 season but he finished the term on a high with success on Jezki in the Grade 1 Ladbrokes World Series Hurdle at the Irish National Hunt Festival at Punchestown. "

might they stick him up on all the Geraghty stuff?

it only takes a Ruby injury for a lot of this market to look very interesting

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/racing-specials/cheltenham-festival/cheltenham-festival-specials/top-jockey

i imagine mark walsh will ride most the irish ones and coleman/fehily/johnson get a fair split of the english ones so no real clear cut stand out

Christopher Brammer
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #126076 on: February 27, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »

looking at Cheltenham top jockey, who is going to be the JP McManus number 1, and is there any value in the market?

yet "Mark Walsh has forged a close association with leading owner JP McManus and is regularly to be seen in the famous green and gold hoops. He rode his first Grade 1 winner on the McManus-owned Defy Logic at the Leopardstown Christmas festival in 2013. Injury robbed him of a first jockey's championship in the 2014/15 season but he finished the term on a high with success on Jezki in the Grade 1 Ladbrokes World Series Hurdle at the Irish National Hunt Festival at Punchestown. "

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/racing-specials/cheltenham-festival/cheltenham-festival-specials/top-jockey

Aiden Coleman been riding  a lot for JP already this season.

I suspect he may pick up a good deal of rides and has sat on a fair few of the JP runners from this side of the water already. I fancy that may be the split between he and MP

Do you think AP could lose a stone in a fortnight Adam?

Not sure what price I would bet him at but I wouldn't be amazed if he was in JP's thoughts.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #126077 on: February 27, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »

I suspect he may pick up a good deal of rides and has sat on a fair few of the JP runners from this side of the water already. I fancy that may be the split between he and MP

Not sure what price I would bet him at but I wouldn't be amazed if he was in JP's thoughts.

Someone else suggested this to me today. I'd play at 50/1.

I remember John Francome being offered the ride on the National favourite a couple of years after he retired. He considered it long and hard but turned it down.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #126078 on: February 27, 2017, 07:33:30 PM »

Did any bookies pay out on "first past the post" in Oscars betting?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #126079 on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:09 PM »

Did any bookies pay out on "first past the post" in Oscars betting?

Irish rofflers did.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #126080 on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »

Anything for pboro/millwall chomps?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #126081 on: February 27, 2017, 08:34:46 PM »

Love Leicester at 5/1 tonight. Lucas against a fired up Vardy, Milner against a perhaps rejuvenated Mahrez. Issue is Mane vs Huth/Morgan

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126082 on: February 27, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »

Hello mate.

Oh I am sure he could if he was required to.

Sounds a great idea, can't see it personally.

Coleman  84 rides/20 wins for JP this season.
Johnson 35rides/6 wins
Touchy  9 rides/2 wins

MP Walsh  274/49 wins- never had a Chelts winner though.

I would still see them splitting the rides as I suggested earlier, but if AP is 50s, a Geoff Kenna isn't the worst shout ever.

PS. If you have seen Geraghty walk round at a racecourse in the last 5 years you would suggest he is a very old punter, you would never believe he rides horses, he looks so crook, hobbling around all the time.
I think they have had their eye on Coleman for a while as his long/short term replacement.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:43:45 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126083 on: February 27, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »

Love Leicester at 5/1 tonight. Lucas against a fired up Vardy, Milner against a perhaps rejuvenated Mahrez. Issue is Mane vs Huth/Morgan

Think this is a bet too.  Liverpool are pretty flakey as opponents at times. If you are going to beat any of the top 6...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #126084 on: February 27, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »

Looks to me as if we are forcing ourselves into a jockey bet, when clearly there is no real alternative to Walsh.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126085 on: February 27, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »

Looks to me as if we are forcing ourselves into a jockey bet, when clearly there is no real alternative to Walsh.

Don't see anyone recommending a bet, only Camel on McCoy, which is a proper leftfield punt, with legs.

The rest was just having a discussion after a question was posed, as far as I can see.

However with Mullins horses falling like ninepins, there are worse markets to look at.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126086 on: February 27, 2017, 09:36:08 PM »

I've forced myself into a bet, because I like to punt Grin

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #126087 on: February 27, 2017, 09:43:26 PM »

holllldddd

don't sit back!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126088 on: February 27, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

holllldddd

don't sit back!

Claudio who?

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #126089 on: February 27, 2017, 10:22:55 PM »

holllldddd

don't sit back!

Never looked in doubt from the first minute imo
Pages: 1 ... 8402 8403 8404 8405 [8406] 8407 8408 8409 8410 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: