blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8620 8621 8622 8623 [8624] 8625 8626 8627 8628 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438453 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129345 on: July 26, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »

so in the championship ......

Fulham massive at 23-20  / 11-10  for a top 6 finish 

Well run club  , good manager and a strong squad with lots of players having signed new contracts  plus they have re signed  Piazon and signed Cisse from Standard Liege and most importantly Cairney is staying

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-6-finish

ties up your money for the season but way better interest than the bank   recommend £100 for a season investment

also 10-1 outright winner beats the machine

opinions please. 11-10 with money tied up for nine months is pretty skinny isn't it?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129346 on: July 26, 2017, 10:48:04 AM »

In Championship I've backed Barnsley on handicaps at plus 32 at 18/1 e/w paying 1/4 odds first four.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/handicaps

Whilst they lost players like Hourihane, Winnall and Roberts, they have an excellent manager in Paul Heckingbottom and have signed some good young players. They aren't the most fashionable club but I think they are underrated and offer a bit of value.

They have midfielder Williams on loan from Everton and striker Ugbo on loan from Chelsea, as well as signing 4-5 up and coming players aged 25 or under from lower league clubs. They seem to have developed the ability to find young talent, develop them and then sell on - look at Stones, Mawson etc etc

Last season they were 23 points off fourth place.

Sheriff Fatman, your opinion please on Barnsley this season

we have one poster thinking they might go down,one wants to support on handicap....

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129347 on: July 26, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »

Can't wait for the season.
I think Reading are going to have a good season, with Mannone a improvement on Al Habsi, but will miss Wiliams.
I thought that the best way to get with them was on the handicap market.
Like Wolves too, but the value prices have disappeared.
I want to be against Hull and Sunderland in match bets/spreads because of all the changes, maybe at huge prices to go down.
Unfortunately as a QPR supporter, I think the wheels have come off and I can see us going down this year.
Problems off the field and tightening of purse strings due to the still unresolved FFP fine, along with a really poor end to the season.

QPR fans, Keith, Andrew etc

QPR this year. As bleak as this sounds?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129348 on: July 26, 2017, 10:50:54 AM »

Burton look stronger this season than last imo. Barnsley have sold way too many big names and their time could be up. Agree with QPR being set to struggle.

Zohore very interesting at 33-1 for bootage.

also ......... Shefff Utd  ......Billy Sharp  66-1 top championship goalscorer   takes penalties too

Suggest a Sneaky £15 ew

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

any other views on Sheffield United?

Billy Sharp ist choice?

51 goals in 90 games last two seasons in L1

three seasons in the championship before that... 11 goals in 60 games

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129349 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:25 AM »

Smiley Epic Betfair trading scenes.

Three Champo teams have visited Fortress ABAX this summer all three won. Ipswich were the most impressive by far, ahead of Wolfs and then QPR. Wouldn't do to take friendlies at face value though obv.

Poshies signing Steven Taylor and Michael Doughty has led to higher hope levels in the fens.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129350 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »

How are Leeds going to do this season?

18-1 to win the title? proper golden boot contender in chris wood?

finally a stable situation, going to challenge?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129351 on: July 26, 2017, 10:54:17 AM »

rinswun, Brentford at 28-1

9-1 to go up.......i puased over that one, looked good to me

top six contenders?

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129352 on: July 26, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

Three Champo teams have visited Fortress ABAX this summer all three won. Ipswich were the most impressive by far, ahead of Wolfs and then QPR. Wouldn't do to take friendlies at face value though obv.

Poshies signing Steven Taylor and Michael Doughty has led to higher hope levels in the fens.

Ricky Miller great signing for Poshies.......crushes League One in Football Manager.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #129353 on: July 26, 2017, 11:27:43 AM »

In Championship I've backed Barnsley on handicaps at plus 32 at 18/1 e/w paying 1/4 odds first four.

Whilst they lost players like Hourihane, Winnall and Roberts, they have an excellent manager in Paul Heckingbottom and have signed some good young players. They aren't the most fashionable club but I think they are underrated and offer a bit of value.

They have midfielder Williams on loan from Everton and striker Ugbo on loan from Chelsea, as well as signing 4-5 up and coming players aged 25 or under from lower league clubs. They seem to have developed the ability to find young talent, develop them and then sell on - look at Stones, Mawson etc etc

we have one poster thinking they might go down,one wants to support on handicap....

Would be good to see what Sheriff thinks - however Chompy's opinion should hold a lot more sway than mine  Cheesy
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #129354 on: July 26, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »

Yeah I like us. Watching us in pre-season I think we have made some nice purchases:  

Signings so far:
Jansson & Sacko (were both on loan last year)
Klich CM - 1.5m
Saiz AMC - 3m
Ekuban ST - 500k
Wiedwald GK - 400k
Anita UTILITY - Free
Pennington CB - Loan
Alioski RW/LW - 4m

The new owner and his director of football/scouting team all seem pretty shrewd. Kyle Bartley is going to a huge miss (Charlie Taylor not so much as Berardi was better than him at the back last year) but attacking wise we have made some much needed improvements.

Alioski is my tip for our player of the season. He seems electric, very hard working with a great cross on him and an eye for goal. 25 year old Macedonian signed from Lugano where he scored 16 in 34 in the Swiss Super League, he has looked awesome in pre-season so far.

Saiz has come in from Spains 2nd division and my friend who moved over there to teach English and is a season ticket holder at Almeira reckoned he was the most impressive player he saw all season. Hes a playmaker though so is likely to compete for a starting berth with our other Spanish wizard, Pablo Hernandez. Anita should be a very solid addition from Newcastle.

Team looking likely to be: Green, Ayling, Jansson, Pennington (or new CB), Berardi, Vieira, O'Kane/Anita, Alioscki, Hernandez, Roofe/Sacko, Wood.

Pretty excited about that team but an injury to Jansson or Wood and we'd be screwed.

I can't see us struggling whatsoever and expect a solid season with another 5th-8th type of finish most likely. I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that we could challenge but would like to see a really good centre back purchased, another full back and another back up striker to Wood (not sure Ekuban will be ready to be number 2). I think we are maybe 3 big signings away from a possible promotion challenge.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129355 on: July 26, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »

Ricky Miller great signing for Poshies.......crushes League One in Football Manager.

Out of the first six games, banned for a Suarez moment last season.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #129356 on: July 26, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »

rinswun, Brentford at 28-1

9-1 to go up.......i puased over that one, looked good to me

top six contenders?

We all know how difficult the Championship can be and we always seem to have a team that comes from the depths  so Brentford ,Leeds  are obv possibles

Blackpool , Bournemouth , Huddersfield ,Reading in the past all got promoted at fancy prices  .

What about a team to bomb such as Villa ?  Terry could prove to be past it etc   7-2 to finish in bottom half could prove interesting

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/to-finish-in-bottom-half
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #129357 on: July 26, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »

Would be good to see what Sheriff thinks - however Chompy's opinion should hold a lot more sway than mine  Cheesy

I backed them last season.  They started well, but lost a couple of players and the last half of the season must have been near relegation form. I do think their manager is good though and don't follow them so know nothing of any squad strengthening.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129358 on: July 26, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »

League two

quick thoughts to Chompy were

"michael bostwick, played 193 games for PUFC

Signed into L2 with Lincoln

Lincoln earned over £1m from the cup run via prize money and tv

have signed mansfield's striker Green

mansfield are 6/1 to win the division

lincoln 12-1

bostwick is a pretty solid signing for that level isn't he?

we could see Lincoln going straight through this division couldn't we with that budget? plenty of teams have done in the past

rushden, crawley, fleetwood etc when the £££ made a big difference at that level"

his reply was

"Lincoln are the bet in L2 for me. Looks like they're holding on to Raggett and the partnership with Bozzy is the best in the league by a mile.

Bozzy a borderline Posh legend. 100%er but very quietly spoken and lacks ambition. Blackburn were in for him but has always stayed around these parts for family reasons. He's playing below his level but that won't effect his performance levels."

(hope that is ok Chompy, bit pressed to tidy it up and re-write it)

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/winner

what i will say is that coventry are 3rd favourites and not really stable enough (offfield or in squad) yet to be third favourites.

pompey,plymouth etc went out of the division and it doesn't look the strongest heat this time round

would have thought Lincoln each way is a pretty reasonable bet...

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129359 on: July 26, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »

I was after opinion on Crewe to get promoted a few weeks back at 10/1 (40s for the league) (Although as skinny as 13/2 for relegation as well...) They were much improved after changing manager last year and have some fight and spirit back into the club, I know a lot of fans had stopped going as there seemed no belief from the players that they could win week in, week out. They signed a 15-20 goal a season league 2 striker Chris Porter from Colchester (16 last year), and have added some experience to their usual youthful look. Michael Raynes from Carlisle is a good defender at that level, and they also picked up Eddie Nolan a defender from Blackpool.

In a league where ~10 points usually covers 15 odd teams in the middle, does he think the new signings and better coaching this time around can make a big enough difference to push them into at least the top 7?

Or am I just being an over-ambitious homer?

Would also like to know why Mansfield are the favs for the division (I'll admit I don't follow football as much as I used to, but that seems out of nowhere, there's obviously reasons somewhere)

Pages: 1 ... 8620 8621 8622 8623 [8624] 8625 8626 8627 8628 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: