blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8924 8925 8926 8927 [8928] 8929 8930 8931 8932 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13413145 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133905 on: July 29, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »

This is gonna look like pure aftertiming, which it is Sad but last week you could get Mourinho 20/1 first manager to leave, which caught my eye as his usual cracks were starting to show.

Now he's gone full Mourinho, blaming refs, lack of transfers, the tour schedule, the world cup, probably the tea lady too. Would not be surprised in the slightest to see him gone by Christmas, another 3 season cycle ending in the usual departure under a cloud of shite.

He now leads the sack race, as little as 6/1.

Meh.

Anyway, that's Swansea placed so fred has a nice round £50 credit with me.

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #133906 on: July 29, 2018, 10:15:40 AM »

tracking the prediction success of pundits Lawrenson and Merson for several seasons, calculating the profit you would have made from betting £1 on each of their predicted outcomes (HW/AW/D) in the EPL.

Here are their latest P&L series.

Ty

Interesting blog behind that also.

Seems most of their profit comes from being better than bookmakers at predicting draws

https://eightyfivepoints.blogspot.com/2017/07/how-are-lawrenson-and-merson-beating.html
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133907 on: July 29, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »

This is gonna look like pure aftertiming, which it is Sad but last week you could get Mourinho 20/1 first manager to leave, which caught my eye as his usual cracks were starting to show.

Now he's gone full Mourinho, blaming refs, lack of transfers, the tour schedule, the world cup, probably the tea lady too. Would not be surprised in the slightest to see him gone by Christmas, another 3 season cycle ending in the usual departure under a cloud of shite.

Meh.

no time to write it, but i think Puel is a really good thing to be gone early. first don't know but if he makes October i would be surprised. might already be in prices, not sure

I also wanted, hence my question the other day, an unders Leicester goals bet scored 56 last year and I wanted sub 40 this

if anyone sees anything like that please let me now

(I very nearly wrote up Leicester to be relegated at 16-1 too)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133908 on: July 29, 2018, 10:23:49 AM »

Meh.

no time to write it, but i think Puel is a really good thing to be gone early. first don't know but if he makes October i would be surprised. might already be in prices, not sure

I also wanted, hence my question the other day, an unders Leicester goals bet scored 56 last year and I wanted sub 40 this

I've not seen any markets like that but will keep eyes peeled.

Puel is best price 10/1. He's in a cluster of 4 or 5 managers that are leading the way (Maureen, Benitez, Garcia, Warnock)

Relegation?! Surely not....

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133909 on: July 29, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »

Meh.

I've not seen any markets like that but will keep eyes peeled.

Puel is best price 10/1. He's in a cluster of 4 or 5 managers that are leading the way (Maureen, Benitez, Garcia, Warnock)

Relegation?! Surely not....

Not much creativity in the team. Maddison does look very promising and will start at 10, second striker, hole behind Vardy but quite an ask to expect him to do it consistently at 21 in his first season in the division

Mahrez was the reason we beat a lot of the non top six sides, he to Vardy was the top assist to goal combination in the league too. Tough to replace and the style under Puel is slow and methodical whereas our strengths were quick transition, win the ball, get it forward, play on the counter

didn't see much of that second half of last season

see us bottom half, probably struggling for goals and thought seriously about whether we would be bottom 6 making the 16-1 a runner

I noted that in the relegation market betting 3 of the 6 favourites were Fulham, Brighton and Burnley. Didn't fancy any of those to go down at all, hence pondering value further up. Leicester a longer price than West Ham (can't be right?), Wolves (might not be right) and Newcastle (maybe right) to go and don't think they are really

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #133910 on: July 29, 2018, 11:22:27 AM »

West Ham closest I have been to pulling the trigger for a relegation bet

Signings all talented but a lot of fair weather players Felipe Anderson being the prime example.

Love the manager and they probably will get enough early to survive a dip tbf
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133911 on: July 29, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »

Meh.

A 4-1 loss to Liverpool overnight in front of 101,000 spectators does not seem to have helped his mood much.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44995530

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #133912 on: July 29, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »

Loving reading a lot of the lower league forums at the moment

Every club is in crisis either signings not enough or not good enough (judged on pre season) or results in pre season have been shocking.

Pre Season is almost irrelevant results wise as I have learnt to my cost over the years
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #133913 on: July 29, 2018, 11:37:03 AM »

Every club is in crisis either signings not enough or not good enough (judged on pre season) or results in pre season have been shocking.

Pre Season is almost irrelevant results wise as I have learnt to my cost over the years

Leeds have had a fantastic preseason, not many will go away to Oxford Utd & score 3, couple that with big draws at York & Southend I'm sure plenty will be snapping up the 10s on Leeds winning the championship title.... not to mention the dismantling of Guiseley AFC on their home turf...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #133914 on: July 29, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »

Signings all talented but a lot of fair weather players Felipe Anderson being the prime example.

A well-read Wham friend of mine says Pellegrini wants Chicarito up front. This must be a big plus for the team, rather than him being out on the left or left out altogether.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133915 on: July 29, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »

I'm of the other persuasion, I think they will have a good season (relatively)

Obv spent plenty of money, but the best bit of business they've done was get shot of Moyes and bring in Pellegrini. Now they have an experienced coach with real pedigree, and the squad should respond to that accordingly.

He's gotta get these new signings working as a cohesive unit, and they do lack a 20 goal a season forward (most teams do though), but if MP gets it together then I think they'll be looking up not down. Thinking they will make the top 10, and top 8 isn't out of the question.

Best Bitter.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #133916 on: July 29, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »

Leeds have had a fantastic preseason, not many will go away to Oxford Utd & score 3, couple that with big draws at York & Southend I'm sure plenty will be snapping up the 10s on Leeds winning the championship title.... not to mention the dismantling of Guiseley AFC on their home turf...

Not like Biesla to have a fast start Smiley
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #133917 on: July 29, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »

Doubt it has been widely reported yet but there are suspicions Watford have a serious injury problem heading into the season.  Club are being quiet but Cholobah, Doucoure, Femenia, Delefeou, Peneranda, Kaboul, Cleverly and Peneranda all were not in the squad for either friendly this weekend.  Given the injury problems of last two seasons this doesn’t bode well as normally we start with a clean slate.  Club have released details on Cleverly situation but the rest is a mystery.  Jack Rodwell could be a starter for the first month at this rate!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #133918 on: July 29, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »

Obv spent plenty of money, but the best bit of business they've done was get shot of Moyes and bring in Pellegrini. Now they have an experienced coach with real pedigree, and the squad should respond to that accordingly.

He's gotta get these new signings working as a cohesive unit, and they do lack a 20 goal a season forward (most teams do though), but if MP gets it together then I think they'll be looking up not down. Thinking they will make the top 10, and top 8 isn't out of the question.

Moyes did a pretty solid job at West Ham.   They'd be looking at top 10 without changing the manager.  They almost got there last season under him after a pretty crappy start.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133919 on: July 29, 2018, 12:23:09 PM »

Moyes did a pretty solid job at West Ham.   They'd be looking at top 10 without changing the manager.  They almost got there last season under him after a pretty crappy start.  

Moyes did ok, in that they didn't go down, but he's a very limited coach and was never gonna take them to the next level.

Getting MP and giving him all the funds shows some decent ambition.

As I've said in a previous post, I'm amazed they are (or were) 5/4 for a top half finish, considering they only finished 2 or 3 points behind 10th place Newcastle last year.

I think West Ham are well set up to be 'best of the rest' this coming season.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 8924 8925 8926 8927 [8928] 8929 8930 8931 8932 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: