blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8925 8926 8927 8928 [8929] 8930 8931 8932 8933 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13427160 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #133920 on: July 30, 2018, 11:35:38 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-6006281/BT-drops-sports-coverage-looks-make-money-18m-customers.html

BT sport following sky by cutting back on other sports after over paying for soccer product.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #133921 on: July 30, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »

Does Mawson to Fulham for £15m (potential add ons taking it to (£20m) strike anyone else as a shrewd bit of business for them? I would have rated him closer to £30m.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #133922 on: July 30, 2018, 05:27:05 PM »

Personally I think he's one of the more overrated players in English football at the moment. Was no better than average for the second half of last season, verging on terrible at the Amex when Swansea lost 4-1. £15mil looks like an over payment even in this day and age. Like a lot of Fulham's other business but Mawson is Champ quality.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #133923 on: July 30, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »

Personally I think he's one of the more overrated players in English football at the moment. Was no better than average for the second half of last season, verging on terrible at the Amex when Swansea lost 4-1. £15mil looks like an over payment even in this day and age. Like a lot of Fulham's other business but Mawson is Champ quality.

fair play, could easily be guilt of oversight myself.

Palace seem very quiet in the transfer window on the buying front btw, which i hope means we are simply keen on holding onto Wilf.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #133924 on: July 30, 2018, 07:33:04 PM »

Does Mawson to Fulham for £15m (potential add ons taking it to (£20m) strike anyone else as a shrewd bit of business for them? I would have rated him closer to £30m.

Whenever Watford beat Swansea the last few years a Mawson clanger would be involved.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #133925 on: July 30, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »

fair play, could easily be guilt of oversight myself.

Palace seem very quiet in the transfer window on the buying front btw, which i hope means we are simply keen on holding onto Wilf.

Worst case scenario for Palace is surely Zaha leaving on deadline day and them scrambling to reinvest? Feels similar to Le Tiss era Southampton at Selhurst right now.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Dacorb

View Profile
« Reply #133926 on: July 30, 2018, 10:58:46 PM »

Got to agree on the Mawson being overrated opinions. Watched him closely from a Swans angle, he regularly makes basic mistakes, and his positioning can be poor. He was a big threat in the opponents box when Gylfi was there with his set piece quality though
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133927 on: July 31, 2018, 12:06:28 PM »

Not for fred as its shy but Kane at 14/1 for PFA POTY looks good to me.

Think this is the first season he isn't eligible for YPOTY so all eggs will be in the POTY basket. He'll net another 25+ goals, is a bit of a media darling (which shouldn't have any sway but certainly doesn't hinder), will be there or thereabouts. He's probably already drafted the ceremony speech. As low as 7/1 elsewhere.

Other picks (that fred could do) would be KDB at 12s (almost a truck unloader as Salah won't repeat that freak season and KDB is the most complete footballer in the league) and Mahrez, who is a ridiculously absurd 50/1 shot on beteveryday when everyone else has him around 20s.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-player-of-the-year

Best Bitter.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #133928 on: July 31, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »

BBC SPOTY

With Geraint winning the TdF, and Harry getting the Lustrous Boot, I've been reminded by the above post (poster's name's defeated me) to have another look at the odds..

Harry 10/11
Geraint 5/2
Hamilton 12/1
Anthony Joshua 14/1
Pickford 25/1

To me these prices are horribly skewed by recency.
Harry's a nice guy, but as a standalone achievement, his WC goals (how many from the spot?) isn't great.
Ditto Geraint's a lovely guy, but Cycling and Sky are still tainted in the public mind.
Hamilton? No question he's a brilliant F1 talent, and it's likely to be another crown this season. But he's marmite, no?
Mr Joshua has a world title fight in September against a world class opponent. He's a class act with great humility.

He was 9/2 about 4 weeks ago.

I'm putting £20 of my own cash on. Does Fred want some?

Edit: prices above are Everyday. Shy are 16/1 and offering EW 1/4 1-3
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:05:42 PM by 4KSuited » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #133929 on: July 31, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »

I think GT is a good thing. The Welsh alone will get him home.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #133930 on: July 31, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »

BBC SPOTY

With Geraint winning the TdF, and Harry getting the Lustrous Boot, I've been reminded by the above post (poster's name's defeated me) to have another look at the odds..

Harry 10/11
Geraint 5/2
Hamilton 12/1
Anthony Joshua 14/1
Pickford 25/1

To me these prices are horribly skewed by recency.
Harry's a nice guy, but as a standalone achievement, his WC goals (how many from the spot?) isn't great.
Ditto Geraint's a lovely guy, but Cycling and Sky are still tainted in the public mind.
Hamilton? No question he's a brilliant F1 talent, and it's likely to be another crown this season. But he's marmite, no?
Mr Joshua has a world title fight in September against a world class opponent. He's a class act with great humility.

He was 9/2 about 4 weeks ago.

I'm putting £20 of my own cash on. Does Fred want some?

Edit: prices above are Everyday. Shy are 16/1 and offering EW 1/4 1-3

AJ adds nothing winning this fight and risks everything.  He was 9/2 a while back because he could potentially have fought Wilder.   That is the major reason for the adjustment.  He is nailed on for 2019 when he fights the big boys providing he wins.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #133931 on: July 31, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »

The Welsh vote alone could get him home easily given how low the voting figures have been the last few years.  Cycling overall popularity added to the Welsh vote would seem a very strong combo.  Middle class/middle aged types in lycra are the types who actually bother to vote in this as well.  Three different cyclists have won in the last 10 heats from three different countries.  Wales isn't one of them.   Cycling fans clearly vote in this in the modern era.

Kane looks a bad fav to me given how England's campaign collapsed and half his goals were pens.  Long way to go yet for SPOTY.  Graveyard for odds on pokes too early in the year.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:37:33 PM by arbboy » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #133932 on: July 31, 2018, 01:28:24 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

The analytics boys like him fwiw

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133933 on: July 31, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »

Kane at 10/11 has to be a joke, Shirley?

I guess even if he doesn't win it, he'll still try and claim it.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133934 on: July 31, 2018, 02:02:57 PM »

The Welsh vote alone could get him home easily given how low the voting figures have been the last few years.  Cycling overall popularity added to the Welsh vote would seem a very strong combo.  Middle class/middle aged types in lycra are the types who actually bother to vote in this as well.  Three different cyclists have won in the last 10 heats from three different countries.  Wales isn't one of them.   Cycling fans clearly vote in this in the modern era.

Kane looks a bad fav to me given how England's campaign collapsed and half his goals were pens.  Long way to go yet for SPOTY.  Graveyard for odds on pokes too early in the year.

i think there will be a strong anti-froome pro geraint vote (one isn't squeaky clean, one perceived as being the blue eyed boy)...add to that the nationalist welsh vote (Calzaghe was a big beneficiary of that) and i would have him favourite over Kane personally

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 8925 8926 8927 8928 [8929] 8930 8931 8932 8933 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: