blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9060 9061 9062 9063 [9064] 9065 9066 9067 9068 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331640 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135945 on: May 02, 2019, 06:37:39 PM »

Must be someone else who's really sharp that can pop up soon and give him a run.

Guess spoilers don't matter, but someone just ran him to $16.  I don't know if he was toying with him, but his oppo lead for a long time.  Fair play to him, he worked out the optimum strategy and is sticking to it.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135946 on: May 02, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »

I have no idea what this Jeopardy thing & bloke is all about, but it's on Twitter too;

Las Vegas sports bettor James Holzhauer answered correctly 42 times in 42 attempts in Wednesday night's @Jeopardy episode

https://twitter.com/reviewjournal/status/1123971657943658498

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #135947 on: May 02, 2019, 07:05:50 PM »

Only time I've got 42 things correct, was when I was ordering at the chinese!

Must be someone else who's really sharp that can pop up soon and give him a run.

Guess spoilers don't matter, but someone just ran him to $16.  I don't know if he was toying with him, but his oppo lead for a long time.  Fair play to him, he worked out the optimum strategy and is sticking to it.   

Bet that opponent felt sick Cheesy

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #135948 on: May 04, 2019, 07:25:49 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/cardiff-v-crystal-palace/half-time-full-time

I quite like the draw/Palace and Cardiff/Palace ht/ft markets at 5/1+ and 33/1+ a piece. Suggest £20 at 5/1+ and £7.50 at 28/1+ (exchange seems best here) on those markets if you can.

Cardiff have to win to have any chance of survival. Having to be aggressive forfeiting, potentially, defensive rigidity in the process to pursue that end falls into the hands of Palace who have a great record away from home and prosper when there are more gaps in behind. I can expect Cardiff to be quite cautious in the first half like they were away to Fulham, to keep themselves in the game, and then early second half play with more abandon. Which aligns with a 0-0 and ht and then Palace potentially picking them apart as they open up. This seems a better angle that the 2.7 on the outright win for Palace, but if you wanted to go for this i think betting at 2.45 is value.

Another possibility is Cardiff to take an early lead, presumably from a Morrison header, as we are desperate in the chances conceded from set pieces from all the games i have watched. We have been very lucky not to have conceded more and Guaita has been guilty of being a bit flappy when coming for crosses. Or we could concede early just because they have something to play for and Palace don't. But then perhaps Palace could rely on Cardiff sitting back too much trying to protect that lead which is where the cardiff/palace angle may come into play.

Benteke is out, which i like as Hodgson played him to try and get some momentum going into next season as Batshuyai won't be here, but this now means we have more firepower. Townsend hasn't been starting since his wrist injury which i find a worry, as when we play without two wing threats we seem more tame on the counter, but perhaps he starts today.

There is a reason both bet suggestions are at long odds, but i think there is value there considering the unique situation, and reminds me a little of when Palace prospered away to Stoke last season. Also I need to note that my radar on value with palace has been subject to bigger variance and has been off at times because it has been a lot harder to gauge us, as we don't generally build consistent momentum, we frustratingly stop and start with results, and it all seems a bit random. I could also just be a bit shit at tipping, and my previous tips over the years were just benefitting from a small sample size, which probably makes more sense  Grin
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 07:35:15 AM by Ant040689 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135949 on: May 04, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »

Wide open 2000 guineas.

who have you got and why?

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/newmarket/15:35/winner

e/w terms pretty grim considering its 19 runners

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #135950 on: May 04, 2019, 11:04:37 AM »

Post FOBT era has begun. No BOG on overnights with Hills any more, firms dropping generous EW terms. More to come I guess.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:30:55 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135951 on: May 04, 2019, 11:14:44 AM »

I don't think the each way terms are terrible, and PP and Sky are a fifth first 5.  With a few genuine rags in it, even a fifth first 4 is ok.

I don't think it looks a great race anymore, but that makes it open.  If you didn't know that Momkin had run pretty averagely at 2, you'd think it may have been unlucky in the Craven.   It isn't nearly the sort of horse that should win a normal Guineas, and the yard isn't a positive, but am prepared to give it a spin at 33/1 and a fifth first 5.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #135952 on: May 04, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »

Can't remember a time when 365 wouldn't be going a quarter on every race at a meeting like today's. Guess they feel they don't need to any more.

The likes of Magna Grecia and Madhmoon are fine at a fifth five spots but a quarter would be better!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135953 on: May 04, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »

I don't think the each way terms are terrible, and PP and Sky are a fifth first 5.  With a few genuine rags in it, even a fifth first 4 is ok.

I don't think it looks a great race anymore, but that makes it open.  If you didn't know that Momkin had run pretty averagely at 2, you'd think it may have been unlucky in the Craven.   It isn't nearly the sort of horse that should win a normal Guineas, and the yard isn't a positive, but am prepared to give it a spin at 33/1 and a fifth first 5.

Wm Hill are a fifth first 5, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #135954 on: May 04, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »

Princess Grace at 10-1+ is worth a few quid.

Looking like the girl punt/rebuff is going to be landed. Laddies still 4-6 for those that can. 1-3 with the green rofflers.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135955 on: May 04, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »

Princess Grace at 10-1+ is worth a few quid.

Looking like the girl punt/rebuff is going to be landed. Laddies still 4-6 for those that can. 1-3 with the green rofflers.

I don't have a clue what any of that means, but it reminds me, how is our Eurovision certainty looking?

Hope you have watched every song. Twice.

God, the nights out your way must pass slowly.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #135956 on: May 04, 2019, 01:24:16 PM »

Netherlands had a bit of a driff since we backed them but still super confident here. Feel free to top up @ 3.2...

Two weeks today.

Italy @ 10-1 and Greece @ 28-1 both good EW bets currently.

I put up Meghan to have a princess here a few months ago but it was during hibernation time. Serena Williams let the cat out of the bag a few weeks ago.

There's a rumour that she might get called Grace. American actress/royalty connection. Princess Grace's funeral was Diana's first solo gig.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135957 on: May 04, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »

Netherlands had a bit of a driff since we backed them but still super confident here. Feel free to top up @ 3.2...

Two weeks today.

Italy @ 10-1 and Greece @ 28-1 both good EW bets currently.

I put up Meghan to have a princess here a few months ago but it was during hibernation time. Serena Williams let the cat out of the bag a few weeks ago.

There's a rumour that she might get called Grace. American actress/royalty connection. Princess Grace's funeral was Diana's first solo gig.

Gill has bet that she has Twins, backed it off the boards. Opened 2 new accounts & everything. Bet a tenner in total.

I only have 2 accounts for Euroshite, BetFred who are win only, & Wm Hill who go 8/1 & 25/1 respectively, quarter first 4. Yes, no?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #135958 on: May 04, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »

Leave and leave.

Holland crush anyways.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135959 on: May 04, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »

Wm Hill are a fifth first 5, too.

Can we do 25 e/w Skardu at 15/2 and Moomkin 15 e/w at 33/1 with Hills?  Both very good place value.

Pages: 1 ... 9060 9061 9062 9063 [9064] 9065 9066 9067 9068 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: