blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9191 9192 9193 9194 [9195] 9196 9197 9198 9199 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13430545 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137910 on: October 10, 2021, 11:12:29 PM »

4.5/1 still appeals a lot after his recent final loss to Clayton?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137911 on: October 16, 2021, 09:08:48 PM »

For the first time in years I think there is value in a Palace bet, watch it lead balloon now lol.

I think Palace to win at 5/1 and for the double chance Palace/draw at 13/10 is value. The onus i think on the double chance for Palace's propensity to draw games they should be winning recently. I would bet Palace on the double chance at 1.9 happily, with 1.8/1.75 the line in my head that i think is no value.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-crystal-palace/

I think the 7 points from 7 games is near relegation form from Palace but i am not sure it shows the whole picture of what has happened in the games. The expected points has us on effectively 10 points for example which would have us above Arsenal's expected points. It is an lol sample size granted, but i have been enthused by what i have watched from the West Ham second half onwards. We seem to be a more possession based team now. We played Leicester off of the park for huge periods which was shocking to see with 60% possession versus their 40% and we gave Brighton a somewhat dominating performance too.

That is in possession and threat, but it can be a bit toothless for all the pressure for clear cut chances, which i am hoping is improving as it looks like it has been. Another consideration, unfortunately, are the mistakes our new centre back pairing are making. I have counted 4 between them leading directly to goals, which is abysmal in seven games. Guehi shockingly left a ball over the top for Brighton to equalise as one, Anderson shurgged way too easily off of the ball by Antonio away to West Ham as another, and the first and second goals against Leicester were clear Anderson errors. For all of that though, if you were to contact a palace fan, they could tell you they absolutely love Guehi and Anderson. And i can see why. They are very composed on the ball, and set the tone for our new style of play which passes out from the back on the deck more often, (barring an Anderson long ball to a winger which often hits the target) and it is much more aesthetically pleasing to watch generally. They seem to be good tackling on the deck, Guehi better of the two and Anderson is better in the air. They have been solid aside from their mistakes i have found. But those mistakes really irk me. And i hope it is just bad luck that so many have happened so quickly. Without the outright errors that is easily 4 more points against Brighton and Leicester, and you'd hope the rate of mistakes won't continue like that, as Palace have "deserved" more points.

Going forward Gallagher has been immense. Doesn't stop running and harassing and probably is the best player on the pitch for Palace. He seems to compliment Macarthur so well, with Milo sitting in. Zaha I think has entered a new period of his football career that involves him taking on players 1on1 a lot less. He really has become less threatening on that front and it could be age. He has it in him to get out of tight spots and do well, but he much prefers to pass around defenders now. Palace fans are probably still coming to terms with that drop off. His final product is still good though and he is threatening so i am not throwing him under the bus we are still lucky to have him and he is a club legend. In terms of a big move away for Zaha i think that isn't on, but i may be wrong. It gets a lot easier for them to take a punt on him if they get him on a free at the end of 22/23 season or cut price at the end of this season. Ayew many fans are shocked still starts ahead of Olise. He runs his arse off and is good defensively, but i am itching to see Olise replace him in the side. Whether to start Benteke or Edouard is an interesting one. If Olise starts with his crossing capability i would err towards Benteke as that i feel could be a lethal combo, but with Olise probably not starting i would give Edouard the nod. Edouard can frustrate in periods of games where he looks like he isn't contributing then can explode into life.

To summarise on Palace i think we could be a top 10 side if things start to click in a way that it looks like it will. I am always very hesitant to be optimistic like this, as technically Vieira hasn't been delivering results, but i think they will come. What we did to Leicester in our composure and possession really enthused me and if Anderson wasn't on a madness I think we would have won comfortably, which i hope is an indicator that we have risen a level from last year rather than it being a one off performance. It was much the same in feel against Brighton at home the next game.  

To Arsenal. They had a tough start of it with the fixture list. Then won 3 of their last 4 games. Dismantling Spurs, their most impressive result. I think Ramsdale has come into his own in recent games. I remember thinking he was a crap Jordan Pickford last year, but seems to have matured, so credit where it is due. You have a young side there that will increasingly get better which is always going to be a threat. Though I hope to have seen enough in their fixture with Brighton in their last game which was 0-0 which makes me believe of the three results that can happen on Monday, getting better than evens for the Draw and Palace seems a good go.

I think the value lies with the bookies looking at Palace's relegation form versus Arsenal's 3 wins and a draw in their last four games. I am not sure the Vieira and Arsenal connection will make a difference here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137912 on: October 17, 2021, 09:45:43 AM »

Love it, an Ant Palace write up, good luck today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137913 on: October 17, 2021, 09:47:02 AM »

Love it, an Ant Palace write up, good luck today.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #137914 on: October 17, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »

Nice write-up Ant.

We missed the much-maligned Xhaka against Brighton and I fear we may on Monday too.

Despite his periodic brain-farts he gives our side structure and does a lot of the sleeves-rolled-up dirty work which often goes unnoticed.

Hopefully the promising Sambi Lokonga will step up tomorrow alongside Partey but we don't really have a genuine #4 to sit.

I'm delighted to see Paddy doing well at the Palace - just not so much tomorrow!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #137915 on: October 17, 2021, 07:40:10 PM »

4.5/1 still appeals a lot after his recent final loss to Clayton?

He lostt to MVG averaging 108 10-8 in the euro champ 1/4 finals.  9/2 is still huge ew based on the draw.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137916 on: October 18, 2021, 04:29:13 AM »

Cheers for kind words on write up.

Karabiner, ty for the insight into Xhaka and the team. Yeh i am hoping it is bittersweet for Vieira with a Palace win, but even with the perceived value, there is a leap of faith involved as we actually haven't got a real completely positive result over the line aside from Spurs at home but needed them to go down to 10 men before we started scoring late into the game. I figure that is why the odds on the game are where they are.

Also ty for Price darts views Arb. I am already on Jose de Sousa from way back, after i believe i heard positive news on him from this thread. In from 28/1 to 16/1 best currently.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137917 on: October 18, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/pdc-world-championship/pdc-world-championships/winner

We wouldn't have got slybet's 5/1 which went earlier anyway but the 9/2 ew Price for the worlds based on the draw (he is seeded 1 and MVG and Wright are locked in the 2/3 seeds whatever happens the next 2 months) and current form is close to a max bet ew (especially the place part given he is currently seeded to meet Wade in the semis who is a 50/1 poke).

I think Price on current form should be a 2/1 to 5/2 poke for the worlds.  Reigning champ/won last 2 euro tour events/perfect draw edge for the place part of the bet.   £100 e/w at 9/2 please.

Going to add two more to the portfolio.  Bunting 125/1 ew at skybet and Searle 125/1 ew.   Both worth £20 ew but fred won't get the prices but if you can mop them up.   Bunting seems in fine form with his new darts.  Searle went off a flip tonight against a guy who is 50/1 for the worlds in his GP match.

Forgot to mention, I got on Price @ 4/1 EW, 1/2 odds 1, 2.

I've also had a little nibble at Bunting & Searle.

I rarely watch Darts, but this will give me a nice sweat over Xmas. If you think we should add any others, let me know.

Thanks Argue.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137918 on: October 18, 2021, 07:16:27 PM »

Can't say i would put the bet up had i known Zaha wouldn't make the squad. Vieira had said in his press conference no injury concerns so no idea what's happened there. I'd hope we still can fire but i am not even sure what formation we are putting out. We are playing Edouard on the wing or going 4-4-2 instead of the 4-3-3, with Edouard and Benteke up top. Suprised Olise wasn't a straight swap for Zaha, for an easier transition on paper, Schlupp to replace Zaha even. We looked disjointed against Chelsea on the opening game playing a 4-4-2. However that was early doors. An interesting one. There might still be value in the bet, but i am not as confident. Also you have the talisman effect of Zaha not being there, the record without him is poor.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #137919 on: October 18, 2021, 07:39:58 PM »

On the subject of formations ours is slightly curious too with Pepe's inclusion rather than Sambi.

It looks like we'll be playing a flexible 4-1-4-1 with Ódegaard floating back at times to join Partey as a deeper-lying CM.

COYG

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137920 on: October 18, 2021, 10:02:58 PM »

That hurts. I was never a fan to see us go 5 at the back as i thought we were defending well by being further up the pitch with possession. We just welcomed it too much in the final ten mins. You could probably see why I fancied Palace tonight and i hope the luck eventually turns. There is an argument to say the draw is fair and I am happy the double chance landed. I did go hard at 19/1 at half time for the Palace win so it is gutting, but never mind.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #137921 on: October 18, 2021, 11:40:03 PM »

Ul Ant, I didn't play but felt for you when Arsenal scored that late.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137922 on: October 19, 2021, 12:33:30 AM »

Ul Ant, I didn't play but felt for you when Arsenal scored that late.

Cheers. I will look at Man City away next as some possible value. Palace+3 on the handicap is 3/4 for example and looks okay, but that is after a home game to Newcastle, so i will wait before looking at it.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #137923 on: October 19, 2021, 08:40:24 AM »

Vardy 14-1 EW four places is all sorts of value. It's 33-1 bar five in reality and Kane will do well to get past 15 for me this season.

The 14-1 win part is good, the 7-2 a place is golden. It's not showing as biggest price on oddschecker thanks to VBet's super-stale 33-1 still being in the grid. Otherwise buttermeup would have chopped by now.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137924 on: October 19, 2021, 09:53:15 AM »

Vardy 14-1 EW four places is all sorts of value. It's 33-1 bar five in reality and Kane will do well to get past 15 for me this season.

The 14-1 win part is good, the 7-2 a place is golden. It's not showing as biggest price on oddschecker thanks to VBet's super-stale 33-1 still being in the grid. Otherwise buttermeup would have chopped by now.

That looks a great tip, cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 9191 9192 9193 9194 [9195] 9196 9197 9198 9199 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: