blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:43:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191265 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: September 21, 2014, 09:59:54 AM »

This is what it looks like when you plot life expectancy next to %Yes vote in the indyref by local authority

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 21, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »

Mail on Sunday asks if the YouGov 2% YES poll was a rogue & cost UK £45bn

http://po.st/1rfGlN 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 21, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »

This is what it looks like when you plot life expectancy next to %Yes vote in the indyref by local authority

isn't that basically because the poorer you were the more likely you were to vote Yes?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 21, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »

Mail on Sunday asks if the YouGov 2% YES poll was a rogue & cost UK £45bn

http://po.st/1rfGlN 

yes lost the any chance because they couldn't get the turnout in their key areas Glasgow and Dundee.  Nothing to do with any poll imo.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 21, 2014, 12:38:04 PM »

Even if Dundee and Glasgow has turned out more it wouldnt have made a difference overall but it would obv have made it narrower.  I actually think that the Mail has a point for once.  Scotland will get basically devomax without having to vote for it because the party leaders panicked on the basis of very little evidence that they were going to lose the vote.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 21, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »

I'm going to miss Kmac and his one-eyed rants. It was some achievement to succeed in making Woodsey appear to be the voice of reason.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 21, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »

I'm going to miss Kmac and his one-eyed rants. It was some achievement to succeed in making Woodsey appear to be the voice of reason.

I haven't gone away you know!

Very successful meeting yesterday and when these powers the quislings voted for don't materialise we will be ready for round 2. 
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1657 on: September 21, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »

Very successful meeting yesterday and when these powers the quislings voted for don't materialise we will be ready for round 2. 

Yup the bile and nonsense is clearly still there.

So much nonsense being spouted on social media - and by some do called politicians - about vote rigging. And so much bleating and hatred from the folk who, when they thought they might win, we're saying let's all get together and have a cuddle afterwards. Bad losers much?

And as for the hatred directed at the older folk who voted No in their droves. Is it possible, just faintly possible, that they might be wiser and more experienced than the 16 year olds who voted Yes?

And folk trying to boycott businesses who were brave enough to tell the truth despite the intimidation of the Yessers. Is this Sillars' Day of Reckoning. Vile bunch really.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 21, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »

Extra powers will come, that's certain........it's political suicide not to.
Might not be able to keep to the extremely tight timetable, as Cameron has check raised Milliband, however overseeing Lord Smith of Kelvin is surely good to see the process through.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 21, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »

So much nonsense being spouted on social media - and by some do called politicians - about vote rigging. And so much bleating and hatred from the folk who, when they thought they might win, we're saying let's all get together and have a cuddle afterwards. Bad losers much?

And as for the hatred directed at the older folk who voted No in their droves. Is it possible, just faintly possible, that they might be wiser and more experienced than the 16 year olds who voted Yes?

And folk trying to boycott businesses who were brave enough to tell the truth despite the intimidation of the Yessers. Is this Sillars' Day of Reckoning. Vile bunch really.

That is not at all patronising to younger voters then
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1660 on: September 21, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »

That is not at all patronising to younger voters then

Yeah I guess it is, and there are many who made an excellent contribution to the debate, but the older folk do not deserve the nastiness that's been directed at them. I don't think that just because you turn 60 you turn into a feeble minded fool, which is what has been implied by some.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 21, 2014, 02:11:02 PM »

Cheesy
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: September 21, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »

So 55% of the country are "quislings" are they? How is that even possible? Is it just a word you learned from a big boy?
If you believe the Nos were motivated by fear let me assure you far more were afraid of your vision than Darling managed to influence.
Furthermore,given that you were canvassing Glasgow ,you must surely consider your efforts a total failure as you barely achieved a 75% turn-out.
Perhaps you should find a new hobby.

Embracing the variance.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 21, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

So 55% of the country are "quislings" are they? How is that even possible? Is it just a word you learned from a big boy?
If you believe the Nos were motivated by fear let me assure you far more were afraid of your vision than Darling managed to influence.
Furthermore,given that you were canvassing Glasgow ,you must surely consider your efforts a total failure as you barely achieved a 75% turn-out.

Not them all, but the ones motivated by greed a self worth most definitely.   My vocabulary is fairly well developed, and quisling wasn't really a word I felt too comfortable using before but the more I seen and heard it became apparent it was the best word to use. 

75% turnout in Glasgow was fantastic effort, in the areas I canvassed specifically we had a much increased turnout than ever before.  Things could always have been better, but things are what they are now.  I hope your not one of those pensioners that will have to rely on chosing between eating and heating in the winter. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: September 21, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »

Wetherspoons Thursday Curry and a Pint for £6 was a bad day clash to get the Glasgow lefties out of the pub.  Think they performed miracles to get 75% there.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: