blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191269 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: September 21, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »

Hardly just lefties when we won every constituency in Glasgow.  My own constituency had the highest Yes support so overall pretty happy. 

As I said we haven't gone away and we will be back, when the promises are broken, as we know they will. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 21, 2014, 05:00:17 PM »

Hardly just lefties when we won every constituency in Glasgow.  My own constituency had the highest Yes support so overall pretty happy.  

As I said we haven't gone away and we will be back, when the promises are broken, as we know they will.  

I would love another vote next week if Ladbrokes kept the same compiler as they used for this one.  Any chance of getting it sorted Kmac?

Thanks for the Motherwell tip Kmac in all seriousness on tft.  I know we haven't seen eye to eye on things but it's been a good debate on here generally over the past few weeks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:05:38 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 21, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »

I think Mac is a good bloke, but if he came across to the public, how he does here, I imagine most of those doors he knocked voted 'no'

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 21, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »

I think Mac is a good bloke, but if he came across to the public, how he does here, I imagine most of those doors he knocked voted 'no'

This is the internet it's not even real :-)

But given we won our constituency 57% to 43% I'm fairly pleased with my efforts. 
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »

I'm going to miss Kmac and his one-eyed rants. It was some achievement to succeed in making Woodsey appear to be the voice of reason.

I haven't gone away you know!

Very successful meeting yesterday and when these powers the quislings voted for don't materialise we will be ready for round 2. 
So 55% of the country are "quislings" are they? How is that even possible? Is it just a word you learned from a big boy?
If you believe the Nos were motivated by fear let me assure you far more were afraid of your vision than Darling managed to influence.
Furthermore,given that you were canvassing Glasgow ,you must surely consider your efforts a total failure as you barely achieved a 75% turn-out.
Perhaps you should find a new hobby.
  I hope your not one of those pensioners that will have to rely on chosing between eating and heating in the winter. 
Funnily enough I run a removal company so it was pretty much win/win for me. lol

Embracing the variance.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 21, 2014, 05:23:50 PM »

Hardly just lefties when we won every constituency in Glasgow.  My own constituency had the highest Yes support so overall pretty happy.  

I would love another vote next week if Ladbrokes kept the same compiler as they used for this one.  Any chance of getting it sorted Kmac?

Thanks for the Motherwell tip Kmac in all seriousness on tft.  I know we haven't seen eye to eye on things but it's been a good debate on here generally over the past few weeks.

Shame Motherwell are so bad or they'd have been 3 - 0 up in first half.  

In seriousness I'd be laying Labour for most seats at the General Election.   I have it on good authority that an alliance will be formed between a number of different groups across the West/Central belt to do major damage to Labour and the early indications from what I am hearing is this will hurt them at the GE.  Especially so if there is no shift on powers and I think Cameron realises Labour need that more than he does.  He can go into the GE as the saviour of the Union.  

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 22, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »

radio 2 jeremy vine this lunchtime

interview with the geezer who had £900k on no

and won

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »

no wonder they are forced to put fake 5p rule 4's on early price horse races to pay these 'punters' out!
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 22, 2014, 02:48:02 PM »

How can he possibly get that much on a bet at Hills?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 22, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »

http://popbitch.com/home/2014/09/18/sean-connerys-message-to-the-nation/

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 22, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »

http://www.cityam.com/1411353022/polling-scotland-s-referendum-why-it-all-eventually-came-down-turnout

"So we might have guessed that the bulk of those who had said they were going to vote but didn’t came from the Yes side. Indeed, we rather thought that might be the case, and so it turned out "

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 22, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »

"An anonymous man bet £900,000 on a "No" vote in the Scottish independence referendum. He won. Here he talks through his thought process."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29314400?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

My eyes are open wide
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 22, 2014, 06:32:03 PM »

How can he possibly get that much on a bet at Hills?
This was my initial thought as well.Look at the trouble TfT  guys have getting £50 on a horse.

Embracing the variance.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:03 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64313.0

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 22, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »

"An anonymous man bet £900,000 on a "No" vote in the Scottish independence referendum. He won. Here he talks through his thought process."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29314400?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
#

Love the way he stated he wanted to remain anonymous yet in the radio interview told everyone he works in finance and said he had a very biazzre multi cultural family background from about 3 or 4 different countries from all around the world.  Can't be many guys fit that bill with a spare mill floating around in their current account.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: