blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2012
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2012  (Read 37259 times)
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »

Mossop landed a beauty on Magennis too, he pretty much deserved it.
The sin bin is for incidents like these, red cards should be for really serious stuff imo
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »

I thought Hock and McCarthy-Scarsbrook should have had a talking to about their scuffle, and that Magennis and Tuson should have both been sin-binned for their fight (which was after the initial dust-up).  Not sure any were reds, and must admit I missed Mossop's punch - so will have to watch it again Cheesy

Wellens would have got involved too, but he was so slow yesterday by the time he got there, everyone had stopped fighting...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »

Mossop's shot on Magennis was a cracker Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

Charges:

Shaun Magennis (Grade D) of St Helens, and Chris Tuson (Grade C) Lee Mossop (Grade B) Gareth Hock (Grade B) all from Wigan.

Wigan's Lee Mossop has until 11am on Tuesday to submit an early guilty plea.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Mossop

"On 27 May 2012 he destroyed St Helens forward and cheap shot merchant Shaun Magennis with a single blow with his enormous fist and was subsequently rewarded with a week off. Mossop, also known as the 'Cumbrian Colossus', is now expected to fight both the Klitschko Brothers for the WBO, IBF, IBO, WBC and WBA Heavyweight titles"

Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »

Tonight's match should be a close one.  With a full squad I'd favour Wigan with the rugby they've been playing recently both in attack and defence.

But with Hock, Mossop, Hansen, Tuson, Flower, Prescott (and of course Fielden) missing from the pack, Wigan aren't going to be able to build a platform as easily.  The starting pack should be strong enough, but it's the interchanges where there might be a problem.  I can see Leeds finishing as the much stronger side.

I'm going for a draw!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »

Leeds are favourites, giving Wigan a 4.5pt head start.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

I think this is a sellout, should be good game. I am happy you got alot out else I was expecting a trouncing. It might be close but still fancy wigan by 8.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »

Shame that the ref is Child.  He tends to ruin games.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2012, 09:33:28 PM »

Tonight's match should be a close one.  With a full squad I'd favour Wigan with the rugby they've been playing recently both in attack and defence.

But with Hock, Mossop, Hansen, Tuson, Flower, Prescott (and of course Fielden) missing from the pack, Wigan aren't going to be able to build a platform as easily.  The starting pack should be strong enough, but it's the interchanges where there might be a problem.  I can see Leeds finishing as the much stronger side.

I'm going for a draw!

I called it right again...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »

Absolutely stunning performance. Tomkins rightfully MOTM, but the whole side were phenomenal.  Hats off to Wane and Harris for developing the side into what it's become this season. Even with half-a-dozen forwards missing, the Wigan pack still dominated and the halves and backs were clinical. Defence and discipline were impeccable. Leeds were miles away from where they were last season and I'm sure they'll improve before the end of the season, but they're lacking depth in the squad I think.

Great result for Salford too, coming back from 20-0 down to beat Catalan.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »

Leeds are about the same they were for 90% of last season, just got lucky and hit form at right time...not this season..

if wigan dont win the lot they will only have themselves to blame, class above leeds.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »

Although Warrington aren't as good as last season, I still think they're a force and shouldn't be written off. Definitely looking like a two-horse race though for the league-leaders shield.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2012, 09:06:30 AM »

Great performance by Wigan
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »

Could be the nut set of results for Wigan this weekend. Warrington, Huddersfield and Catalan all losing, and Hull and saints drawing.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: