blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:09:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2012
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2012  (Read 37569 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: June 03, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Happy to be a Wigan fan at the moment Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2012, 09:40:11 PM »

was talking to a few ex pros this week and they were talking bout wigan how they peaked too early and wont be able to keep this form up. Funny how they look at things differently, they said its all setup for a team to come to form the end of the season and win the lot away from wigan. There is hope!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »

was talking to a few ex pros this week and they were talking bout wigan how they peaked too early and wont be able to keep this form up. Funny how they look at things differently, they said its all setup for a team to come to form the end of the season and win the lot away from wigan. There is hope!

Not st Helens though, and if Leeds don't sort themselves out soon, not them either (talking about the cup).  Also, if the likes of Warrington drop points like they did at the weekend, that makes the league leaders shield more likely to go to Wigan. So that's two out of the three trophies that look very much like they could be going to either Wigan or Warrington. Also, although Leeds won the Grand final from outside the top 3 last season, that was the exception rather than the rule, and I'd bet on one of the teams that finishes in the top two will win the Grand Final this year.

Not sure I buy the idea that Wigan can't keep up their current form either. Against saints and Leeds they came up against  against two sides underperforming and made them pay. Yes, Wigan were good, but the opposition were far from their best. Before we talk about Wigan peaking to early I think they need to be playing at their peak against the more in-form sides like Catalan (especially at their place) and Warrington. Then we'll see just how well Wigan are actually playing.

Out of interest, did these ex-pros say that individual players were peaking too early, or the team as a whole? If it's the team as a whole does that include virtually the entire pack who didn't play last weekend as well as Richards who has also been missing, or just the players who played against Leeds?

Like I said, I honestly don't know how well Wigan are performing at the moment in absolute terms. Yes, they were able to dismantle two underperforming sides, but does that just show they're effective flat-track bullies? My hunch is that they're improving game by game and will hopefully beat Catalans next weekend with another good performance.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Happy to be a Wigan fan at the moment Cheesy

That tables wrong kid, think you'll find the bulls are above Leeds now Wink

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »

Not st Helens though, and if Leeds don't sort themselves out soon, not them either (talking about the cup).  Also, if the likes of Warrington drop points like they did at the weekend, that makes the league leaders shield more likely to go to Wigan. So that's two out of the three trophies that look very much like they could be going to either Wigan or Warrington. Also, although Leeds won the Grand final from outside the top 3 last season, that was the exception rather than the rule, and I'd bet on one of the teams that finishes in the top two will win the Grand Final this year.

Not sure I buy the idea that Wigan can't keep up their current form either. Against saints and Leeds they came up against  against two sides underperforming and made them pay. Yes, Wigan were good, but the opposition were far from their best. Before we talk about Wigan peaking to early I think they need to be playing at their peak against the more in-form sides like Catalan (especially at their place) and Warrington. Then we'll see just how well Wigan are actually playing.

Out of interest, did these ex-pros say that individual players were peaking too early, or the team as a whole? If it's the team as a whole does that include virtually the entire pack who didn't play last weekend as well as Richards who has also been missing, or just the players who played against Leeds?

Like I said, I honestly don't know how well Wigan are performing at the moment in absolute terms. Yes, they were able to dismantle two underperforming sides, but does that just show they're effective flat-track bullies? My hunch is that they're improving game by game and will hopefully beat Catalans next weekend with another good performance.

They said individuals and the team, not over the last game or two but over the last few months. I don't know if I agree or not as I believe they are better then everyone else even if they are not on their best.

You have 1-2 world class players that can destroy teams...Sad Dirty T******s for one.

Leeds have gone backwards and we have weak links. Smith after he came back from Union is a liability. We are a creative player short and a big forward gaining yards. Peacock is shot, he's 33 and Leeds have played the max games possible for the last two years (challenge cup final, grand final, world championship) a new ACL and ageing body means he is not the force he was. There is still a question mark over the coach and his tactics, we not getting the in quality of players that are leaving. The youth need to be supplemented with 1-2 world class players. Webb is already thinking of his next month to france and the only player who looks class is Hall but he can only come in from the wing so many times! he still took his chances vs Wigan well.

Yeah Bradford above us now, nearly threw away the game vs one of the poorest teams in the league Smiley that was fun, if only cas hadn't wasted their 2nd half chances..
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »

The thing with Wigan is that we started the season poorly (with some 'fans' calling for Wane's head), and then have slowly started to improve and now seem to be playing very well.  If we'd been playing like this from the start of the season, then there might be an argument for saying the side had peaked too early.  But I'm not sure coming into top form at this stage of the season is too early.  It gives us the chance of a good cup run and an assault on the league-leader's shield.  Then the play-offs obviously favour the team who is on form then, but not sure you can plan to just peak for that (like Leeds did last year - by plan or good fortune?).

As for the Leeds side, Hall is class, and could play for any team in the world.  Burrow is also excellent for you, and McGuire (although I despise the man) can do good things.  Sinfield has obviously been brilliant for you, and his kicking is still very crucial.  But the strength in depth you have enjoyed seems to be missing.  Even JJB who was excellent for you last season has been off the boil.  Maybe it is the coaching, although I think you'll improve a lot before the end of the season.  But by then you could well be out of the cup and looking for a finish outside the top 4. 

Agree about Peacock.  He seems to have aged suddenly, and is only patch of his former self.  I've noticed he's started turning his back going in to collisions rather than driving through and making crucial yards as he used to do so well.  Smith is a joke, and not 100% sure about your centres being as great as some would hype them up to be.

You not got any good youth players coming through?  That's where Wigan seem to be benefiting at the moment.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »

Even Fev beat cas so pretty sure bulls were 3/4 pace. Also Fev gave Wigan a better game than Leeds.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »

Even Fev beat cas so pretty sure bulls were 3/4 pace. Also Fev gave Wigan a better game than Leeds.

100% agreed...and the 300 home supporters that watched the game live enjoyed it.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »

Hetherington not happy:

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12211/7797160/Hetherington-mulls-squad-cull

In other news, Matty Smith still not definitely signed for Wigan, but would be a decent replacement for Tommy at the end of the season.  McIlorum has signed a new contract, now just need Finch to sign a new contract too.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »

No excuses for posting this, just enjoy watching it again and again and again Cheesy

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »

leeds vs wakey tonight. A must win for Leeds after playing some top teams the last few weeks.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: June 15, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »

It's on Monday isn't it, with the Exiles game tomorrow...but yes, a must-win for Leeds.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »

It's on Monday isn't it, with the Exiles game tomorrow...but yes, a must-win for Leeds.

ahh didnt realise, but glad coz its pissing it down in leeds atm..
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »

ahh didnt realise, but glad coz its pissing it down in leeds atm..

It's pissing down everywhere in the UK I think.

Was pissing down at the State of Origin match two as well.  Cracking match though.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »

Yeah Wakey match is on Monday, might make the short trip over
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: