blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:45:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2012
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2012  (Read 37606 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »

wow awesome

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »

NRL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SL

Oh and Cheers to the Whinos for donating the gate receipts from Bradford end back to us.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2012, 01:42:05 PM »

Well, back to the administrator at least

Fine gesture by Leeds though
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2012, 05:40:31 AM »

How fast is this fella?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:44:37 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »

Wigan go to Craven Park needing to win to secure the league-leaders trophy with a game to spare. 

A few minutes before half-time, and it's 26-0 to Hull KR. Wigan would need the biggest ever comeback in Super League history if they were to win it.  Two tries before half-time, and at 26-12 it's game on again.

Hull KR score first in the second-half, and it looks like it was a bridge too far for Wigan - especially with the errors being made by Wigan.

But messrs Hock, Tomkins and Richards had other plans. A few tries and then a wonder-effort by Tomkins means Wigan are within 4 points.  Then with 2 minutes to go Richards ran 60-yards to score a try and level the score. 10m from the touchline he manages to convert it to take Wigan into an unlikely lead.  All Wigan need to do now is hold on to the ball and stop Hull KR from scoring. Hull KR kicked out on the full from the restart, gave away a penalty and then Charnley went in to score another try on the hooter.

What a match!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:09:36 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 03, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »

Will watch highlights tonight, must have been exciting game
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »

Hope Wakey finish the job this weekend. We played terrible on Sunday but that's 6 on the bounce and we don't do that often
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Smiley

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »

Kinda happy with how the season is going, not seen anything in a team that makes me think Leeds can't beat them on their day.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »

It's pretty wide open now. Wigan not in the form they were in earlier in the season, stains not at their best. Warrington are the form side, but definitely beatable. Not sure Leeds have it in them this year, but can't be written off.

As for Wigan, it's great to have Paddy and Tommy back just in time for the play offs. They make a massive difference.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »

Wigan peaked too early, I said this about 3-4 months ago on here I think. But I agree Leeds would need to play their best to beat them again. Zero chance if Wigan play their A game.

Much prefer Wigan to win it all rather than warr thats for sure.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2012, 03:19:48 PM »

Wigan peaked too early, I said this about 3-4 months ago on here I think. But I agree Leeds would need to play their best to beat them again. Zero chance if Wigan play their A game.

Much prefer Wigan to win it all rather than warr thats for sure.

Rather anyone win it other than Warrington (maybe even saints - but maybe not!).

There are various issues with Wigan's form.  Not sure if it was a case of peaking too early, but a combination of injuries (Tommy's in particular) and the fact that Wane is known to push them hard in training to the degree that the team aren't 100% when they come to match day.  I'm hoping that the drop in form over the past month or so is actually Wane dropping the intensity in training, and this will be wound up as the play-offs progress.

Leeds have a strong first XIII (and subs bench), but can't afford to get any injuries or players under-performing.  I thought McDermott would have strengthened the squad this season, but there's a definite lack of strength in depth despite having some quality players in the line-up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:24:33 PM by kinboshi » Logged

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2012, 09:29:03 AM »

This is the playoffs not some league game that means nothing and wakey learnt the harsh reality of that. As did Hudds it seams Smiley Wigan looked very tasty and I really cannot see Leeds beating the top 3 this season.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »

The play-off system in place at the moment is a joke.  This is shown by the poor attendances seen at the grounds and that so far very few of the games have actually been competitive.

Leeds were in a battle for the first 60 minutes, but Wakefield ran out of steam and the 3/4s of Leeds were too good for them in the end.  Saints battered Warrington, who looked like a completely different side without Ben Westwood and then without Carvell in the forwards laying the platform.  If Westwood's not back in the side, then I can see Warrington crashing out in the next game against Hull, or if not losing to Saints in the semi.

Leeds at Catalan won't be easy, because it's at their place. But I still think Leeds should have enough for them. I'd fancy Wigan to beat either though in the semi final.

But it does show what a daft system it is.  Wigan losing to Saints in the last game of the season was actually the best result for Wigan. It shouldn't be that way that losing a match puts you in a better position, it ends up like Olympic Badminton...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: September 17, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

If Hull beat Warrington and Leeds beat Catalan, I'd assume Wane would go for Hull instead of Leeds with the Club Call?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: