blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604626 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: December 28, 2018, 11:26:57 PM »

I'm just this minute hearing from my itk sauces that Ozil is OUT of tomorrow's game at Penny Lane.

As you know I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal and I'll certainly be rooting for you tomorrow. And I'll be turning a blind eye to any diving by Arsenal players Smiley

For once this is an area where City and United have common ground.

Up the Gunners

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: December 28, 2018, 11:49:21 PM »

I'm just this minute hearing from my itk sauces that Ozil is OUT of tomorrow's game at Penny Lane.

As you know I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal and I'll certainly be rooting for you tomorrow. And I'll be turning a blind eye to any diving by Arsenal players Smiley

Up the Gunners

Smiley Smiley

Unfortunately my support for United at Anfield a couple of weeks back didn't  help the result. If only you had got rid of Jose a little earlier... 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: December 28, 2018, 11:54:30 PM »

Up the Gunners

Smiley Smiley

Unfortunately my support for United at Anfield a couple of weeks back didn't  help the result. If only you had got rid of Jose a little earlier... 

Grin

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: December 29, 2018, 12:27:58 PM »

I'm getting more than a little concerned about the Ozil situation as it's not impossible that we have a similar but considerably more expensive Winston Bogarde scenario.

Ozil picks up roughly £1M every three weeks and has a contract which runs until the summer of 2021.

I think Ozil needs a team built around him to show his undoubted talent, but if Emery is not prepared to do this and Mesut is unwilling to move we have an unsavoury situation.

Discuss...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: December 29, 2018, 12:48:44 PM »

Prefer your spot than Manure paying Sanchez £500k a week for the next decade or so.  Appreciate its not ideal and the gunners should probably have moved both of them on rather than paying one of them his pension.  You had their best years at reasonable money.  Who else was queuing up for Ozil to force his wages so high when he got the contract?

ps there are several worse long term contracts lurking in the NBA that are killing teams salary cap wise.  Wouldn't want to be paying Chris Paul in Houston $44m in 2022/3 or whenever his huge bloated contract finishes.  Teams do silly things financially long term when they are under pressure from the fans/media.  Not just your team it happens to.  The truly best teams don't though and are happy to cut players for the long term benefit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: December 29, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »

I'm starting to believe that me putting a couple of spuds in my FFP team really is some kind of potent voodoo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: December 29, 2018, 06:18:16 PM »

Time for another sad
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: December 29, 2018, 06:27:19 PM »

Time for another sad

We're much better in the 2nd half..

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: December 29, 2018, 07:00:29 PM »

Cheers for the favour, Arsenal.

Best Bitter.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: December 29, 2018, 07:15:10 PM »

I'd be worried if I was an Arsenal fan, Liverpool haven't even played well
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: December 29, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »

I thought Iwobi and AMN were our only positives today - our defence is currently a joke - without our two 1st choice full-backs and with ageing/declining/returning CB's.

We need to invest in defence but I'm a little worried about how much our enormous current wage-bill will restrict our purchasing power in the coming window(s).

We should have had a pen, it was clearer than the two Oliver gave, but that is scant consolation.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: December 29, 2018, 08:08:01 PM »

aubameyange made 10 passes. 6 of them were from kick off.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: December 29, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »

I'd be worried if I was an Arsenal fan, Liverpool haven't even played well

Nothing to worry about, we can be as crap as it's possible for us to be, or as good, and we'll still finish 5th or 6th
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:23:12 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: December 29, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »

Time for another sad

28 years or so, understandable to be a bit overexcited

sola virtus nobilitat
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: December 29, 2018, 09:21:25 PM »

spurs v arsenal has to be now the wettest rivalry in football.

two teams happy to deal with scrapping for fourth + a decent eurpean night v a top club and maybe a milk cup. they just seem to want to emulate each other - pretty football to no real end, played with no real ambition. a real cowardly stripe running through their collective ethos.

kane just seems to love being at a club where he knows he will never be asked to perform under real pressure and has the blissfully innocent smile of a kid in bottom set being given a gold star for a good attendance record whilst the people who are willing to sacrifice and graft for the real honours are working and at a level he's not ambitious enough to face. the middle class le tissier.

they are morphing into the same club.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: