blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604628 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3750 on: December 29, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »

spurs v arsenal has to be now the wettest rivalry in football.

two teams happy to deal with scrapping for fourth + a decent eurpean night v a top club and maybe a milk cup. they just seem to want to emulate each other - pretty football to no real end, played with no real ambition. a real cowardly stripe running through their collective ethos.

kane just seems to love being at a club where he knows he will never be asked to perform under real pressure and has the blissfully innocent smile of a kid in bottom set being given a gold star for a good attendance record whilst the people who are willing to sacrifice and graft for the real honours are working and at a level he's not ambitious enough to face. the middle class le tissier.

they are morphing into the same club.

Sounds more like Shearer than Le Tiss the all time EPL leading scorer by a mile.  Hardly a failure choosing to play for your home town club and living close to your family and earning more money than you can ever spend.  Kane can play for whoever he wants and might like the challenge of turning Spurs into a big thing rather than just being the next number 9 on a treadmill at a big club.  He might like the idea of retiring alongside Greaves and Hoddle among other all time Spurs greats.  

Maybe Spurs and Arsenal are the long term sustainable financial model that are ahead of the game in 10 years and they all knew ahead of time.

Winning the WC golden boot isn't a real honour then for a country who went into the event as a 33/1 rag?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:16:29 PM by arbboy » Logged
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: December 29, 2018, 10:28:41 PM »

i mean that's dandy that he's so wholesome, but if that's the case he wont be remembered as a great. le tiss had to be up there with the most overrated players in recent memory. basically no-one knows him now.

shearer played for a club with ambition, won a title then went to his home town club when they were smashing world transfer fees to try to be the best.

harry looks so happy and content, and i fear that's him set. if thats the case he probs doesnt have the mindset to play for a properly big club. i remember ben foster complaining that there was too much pressure on winning at united and he didn't enjoy that environment.

spurs and arsenal are perfect places for those types. the north london derby is a washout now.

i get what you mean about playing the long game, but the types of player that stay with a club happy to tread water whilst they wait for other's houses to fall down rather lend themselves to the pants-down, please-dont-spank-us-too-hard nonsense you see when the two clubs meet resistance or pressure.

the players that wanted out and got out whilst still in their prime seem different animals to harry, ozill and co in terms of mental strength, even if ability levels are close.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: December 29, 2018, 10:36:07 PM »

i mean that's dandy that he's so wholesome, but if that's the case he wont be remembered as a great. le tiss had to be up there with the most overrated players in recent memory. basically no-one knows him now.

shearer played for a club with ambition, won a title then went to his home town club when they were smashing world transfer fees to try to be the best.

harry looks so happy and content, and i fear that's him set. if thats the case he probs doesnt have the mindset to play for a properly big club. i remember ben foster complaining that there was too much pressure on winning at united and he didn't enjoy that environment.

spurs and arsenal are perfect places for those types. the north london derby is a washout now.

i get what you mean about playing the long game, but the types of player that stay with a club happy to tread water whilst they wait for other's houses to fall down rather lend themselves to the pants-down, please-dont-spank-us-too-hard nonsense you see when the two clubs meet resistance or pressure.

the players that wanted out and got out whilst still in their prime seem different animals to harry, ozill and co in terms of mental strength, even if ability levels are close.

played for a club with bundles of cash in that era compared to others is more accurate.  Blackburn and Leeds in that era could easily be today's Chelski and Man city in 20 years time.

Harry Kane comes across as a guy who grafts and sacrifices as much as anyone in the game to me.  Done it the proper way going out on loan with zero ego from a big London club as a kid to several lower league clubs.   spurs win the league every season in the top 6 relative to net spend and it isn't even close.  I better stop biting as i think you are reeling me in well!  Happy new year.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: December 29, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »

Happy new year man.

I like Harry. I like spurs.

Nice people.

But I'm not sure he's a winner.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: December 29, 2018, 11:35:09 PM »

Happy new year man.

I like Harry. I like spurs.

Nice people.

But I'm not sure he's a winner.

Wrong thread mate.

HNY

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: December 30, 2018, 12:43:34 AM »

spurs v arsenal has to be now the wettest rivalry in football.

two teams happy to deal with scrapping for fourth + a decent eurpean night v a top club and maybe a milk cup. they just seem to want to emulate each other - pretty football to no real end, played with no real ambition. a real cowardly stripe running through their collective ethos.

kane just seems to love being at a club where he knows he will never be asked to perform under real pressure and has the blissfully innocent smile of a kid in bottom set being given a gold star for a good attendance record whilst the people who are willing to sacrifice and graft for the real honours are working and at a level he's not ambitious enough to face. the middle class le tissier.

they are morphing into the same club.

Nurse !

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: December 30, 2018, 08:41:06 AM »

I'd be worried if I was an Arsenal fan, Liverpool haven't even played well

Nothing to worry about, we can be as crap as it's possible for us to be, or as good, and we'll still finish 5th or 6th

Pretty much this.

Wasn't expecting anything out of the season. Hoped for a short while, yes, but while we still have the straw wall that Arsene built as a defence, we will make no progress, as i have said ad infinitum on here.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: January 02, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »

I can't help thinking about Mesut Ozil's alleged £350K pw contract and to a lesser extent Mikhitarian's £200K pw.

Mikhi's I get completely as it was kind of a swop for Alexis and definitely softened the blow especially with their respective form following the exchange.

Ozil's seems different and I wonder if only one of he and Ramsey was going to get the lucrative almost-Bosmanesque pay package. The decision was made and once it was clear that Rambo wanted (a not unreasonable in today's market) £200K+pw the line was drawn and negotiations ended. Was it actually a simple choice between Ozil or Ramsey?

Can you imagine the furore had the board decided to let Ozil, our record signing, leave on a free?

The trouble is that both of them like to play in that "free"#10 role allbeit in very different styles, and I've often opined that there's only room for one player per team with a free role.

I just wonder if due to the stylistic differences and the current lack of compromise between Ozil and Emery, we're letting the wrong one go.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: January 03, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »

Arsenal seem to have taken a step back since Ozil returned?

Discuss......

*clears throat*

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: January 10, 2019, 01:35:39 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/aaron-ramsey-arsenal-juventus-five-year-deal-36m

Amazing how many you let go for free.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:55 AM »

I have fallen in and out of love with Ramsey through the years. Just when I think I'm done he gets a vital goal or shows some magic, but he always seems to try. we should have kept him.

Why we give Ozil so much credit I don't know. It's like your best mate has this very tidy bird as his new girlfriend, and he is really proud, but every time he turns his head she is trying it on with someone else, and only after his money. She really doesn't care at all and everyone else can see it, but him.

We should have taken the pain of our mistake and stop trying to build around this flake. Get shot now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: January 10, 2019, 10:30:53 AM »

I have fallen in and out of love with Ramsey through the years. Just when I think I'm done he gets a vital goal or shows some magic, but he always seems to try. we should have kept him.

Why we give Ozil so much credit I don't know. It's like your best mate has this very tidy bird as his new girlfriend, and he is really proud, but every time he turns his head she is trying it on with someone else, and only after his money. She really doesn't care at all and everyone else can see it, but him.

We should have taken the pain of our mistake and stop trying to build around this flake. Get shot now.

Shooting him seems a bit extreme, Adz, even by your standards.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: January 10, 2019, 10:56:55 AM »

Shooting him seems a bit extreme, Adz, even by your standards.

Needs must

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: January 10, 2019, 10:57:53 AM »

I find it interesting that he's signed the deal for what sounds like ~£140K pw gross, it sounds as though Juventus have a bargain.

He was on £100K pw already and allegedly looking to double that when we were in negotiations.

He's been a good and loyal player for Arsenal, low-maintenance too without a whiff of scandal or badmouthing to the press.

Thank you for your ten years of loyal service Aaron and good luck in the future.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: January 10, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »

I find it interesting that he's signed the deal for what sounds like ~£140K pw gross, it sounds as though Juventus have a bargain.

He was on £100K pw already and allegedly looking to double that when we were in negotiations.

He's been a good and loyal player for Arsenal, low-maintenance too without a whiff of scandal or badmouthing to the press.

Thank you for your ten years of loyal service Aaron and good luck in the future.

According to some knowledgeable sources, the £140k a week number quoted everywhere is net rather than gross. Wages in Italy are apparently always quoted net rather than gross.

So in our money, it is >£300k per week. Only Ronaldo is on more money at Juventus.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: