blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604651 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »

You sense even the most Optimistic of fans are getting well and truly fed up with those at the top

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »

Arseblog is by far my favourite Arsenal blogger and I tend to agree with 99% of what he writes. There's certainly a problem within the club at board level.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »

I guess it's a simple equation.  If you don't like the product, then don't pay the highest ticket prices in the country.  If they sell the Emirates out every week then I don't see why the board should be pressurised into changing strategy.

Watford created some pretty ghastly teams down the last 10 years and I didn't bother going to the games.   Now they have a team that is good to watch I do go to the games.  Call me a fair weather fan but it is supply and demand. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »

Guy posted this up on KK earlier Cheesy

Things That Have Happened Since Arsenal Last Won A Trophy

Smartphones have become widely available

The US elected its first black President … and re-elected him

Paul Scholes has won three Premier League titles, retired, come back won another title and retired again

Irish golfers have won seven majors

The Playstation 3 has been released…
as has Lucas Neill – five times.

Pep Guardiola has retired as a player, been appointed manager of Barcelona, won 14 trophies, taken a year out and returned to management

There have been four different Ministers for Transport…
….and four Sugababes line ups

Swansea have been promoted from League 2, League One, the Championship and have won the League Cup

Two golden orb spiders have travelled in space.

Rafa Nadal has won 12 grand slam titles

Sven Goran Eriksson has been involved as manager, director of football etc. with nine different teams

Both 5ive and Blue have broken up and gotten back together again

23 players have left Arsenal and won 56 trophies between them

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2013, 01:41:04 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »

Would be nice to see Marky come up with his own stuff once in a while......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »

Would be nice to see Marky come up with his own stuff once in a while......

You do enough comedy for both of us mate Wink

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »

GTFO Arsenal

Blue text
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »

Thanks Tony, did you read it?

Think I love that boy, I agree with so much of that. It is not limited to Arsenal, of course, but the misplaced sense of entitlement many fans have is extraordinary. If I am on the Board of a Football Club, I can assure you that no fan will tell me how to spend my money, or when to sack my Manager. The Manager has to please one set of people only - the Board. That's it. It also amazes me that folks think spending money willy nilly is the panacea for all ills. History shows it is not. We live in a weird world where folks insist other people spend money.

Following the game, the web exploded with reactive videos, tweets, and blogs whose main theme was that as supporters of the club they were entitled to new signings and deserved more than Arsene was doing at the moment.

Let me tell you now that you are not entitled to anything, even if you believe your season ticket purchase means you’re some kind of super fan whose opinion is more valid than others. No one is forcing you to buy tickets, replica kits, or even to support Arsenal – and if you’re going to the stadium to boo anyone, whether an Arsenal player or the manager, during the match, you shouldn’t even call yourself a supporter. You are a pathetic nuisance whose negativity is not needed or wanted by the team.

You are allowed to have expectations if you are buying a product. If I buy a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t vacuum, I will kick up a fuss of course. But a ticket is not a product – it is a temporary seat reservation through which you can watch two teams play a match of football. A ticket does not entitle you to any expectations other than that. You are NOT being promised new signings, wins, or anything other than a 90-minute match of football.

So when you say that you “deserve” new signings, that you are “entitled” to see the club “spend some fucking money” – it appears you’re overreaching your influence just a teensy little bit. And by teensy little bit I mean something like the distance between Earth and the newly-relegated non-planet Pluto, because unless Wenger and the board are personally entering your home, logging on to your computer, and using your credit card to buy Arsenal tickets, kits or memorabilia, then they don’t owe YOU anything.

This seems really harsh towards the fans.

Having now read the blog that this came from, I feel even stronger about it being harsh on the fans.

Firstly, here is a guy that lives in Australia. What does he contribute to Arsenal as a club? I'm gonna stick my neck out and say, not a lot! He talks about fans thinking they are entitled to the club spending money, and that they aren't. Well if thats the case, why is he entitled to give that opinion? In my opinion, they are more entitled to complain about the board than he is to complain about them.

I know people that do all they can to go to games to support their team, I know people that have sold things just to be able to get to see their team. I've even heard of people that have taken loans out to fund a season ticket. Because they love their team. You can argue that they probably shouldn't do that. But they do.

Therefore when a club doesn't invest in the team as they probably should, I think it's only fair the supporters have a right to voice their anger at the board and the manager.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

Think I love that boy, I agree with so much of that. It is not limited to Arsenal, of course, but the misplaced sense of entitlement many fans have is extraordinary. If I am on the Board of a Football Club, I can assure you that no fan will tell me how to spend my money, or when to sack my Manager. The Manager has to please one set of people only - the Board. That's it. It also amazes me that folks think spending money willy nilly is the panacea for all ills. History shows it is not. We live in a weird world where folks insist other people spend money.

Following the game, the web exploded with reactive videos, tweets, and blogs whose main theme was that as supporters of the club they were entitled to new signings and deserved more than Arsene was doing at the moment.

Let me tell you now that you are not entitled to anything, even if you believe your season ticket purchase means you’re some kind of super fan whose opinion is more valid than others. No one is forcing you to buy tickets, replica kits, or even to support Arsenal – and if you’re going to the stadium to boo anyone, whether an Arsenal player or the manager, during the match, you shouldn’t even call yourself a supporter. You are a pathetic nuisance whose negativity is not needed or wanted by the team.

You are allowed to have expectations if you are buying a product. If I buy a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t vacuum, I will kick up a fuss of course. But a ticket is not a product – it is a temporary seat reservation through which you can watch two teams play a match of football. A ticket does not entitle you to any expectations other than that. You are NOT being promised new signings, wins, or anything other than a 90-minute match of football.

So when you say that you “deserve” new signings, that you are “entitled” to see the club “spend some fucking money” – it appears you’re overreaching your influence just a teensy little bit. And by teensy little bit I mean something like the distance between Earth and the newly-relegated non-planet Pluto, because unless Wenger and the board are personally entering your home, logging on to your computer, and using your credit card to buy Arsenal tickets, kits or memorabilia, then they don’t owe YOU anything.

Having now read the blog that this came from, I feel even stronger about it being harsh on the fans.

Firstly, here is a guy that lives in Australia. What does he contribute to Arsenal as a club? I'm gonna stick my neck out and say, not a lot! He talks about fans thinking they are entitled to the club spending money, and that they aren't. Well if thats the case, why is he entitled to give that opinion? In my opinion, they are more entitled to complain about the board than he is to complain about them.

I know people that do all they can to go to games to support their team, I know people that have sold things just to be able to get to see their team. I've even heard of people that have taken loans out to fund a season ticket. Because they love their team. You can argue that they probably shouldn't do that. But they do.

Therefore when a club doesn't invest in the team as they probably should, I think it's only fair the supporters have a right to voice their anger at the board and the manager.

Who are you to say that the club doesn't invest in the club as they should?

Should they invest like Leeds did or like Portsmouth did or the many other clubs that will soon be in a similar unenviable position when their debts are called in?

Arsene and Arsenal will invest if a suitable investment is available but not simply to appease a baying pack.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »

Who are you to say that the club doesn't invest in the club as they should?

Should they invest like Leeds did or like Portsmouth did or the many other clubs that will soon be in a similar unenviable position when their debts are called in?

Arsene and Arsenal will invest if a suitable investment is available but not simply to appease a baying pack.

Wasn't specific to Arsenal really. But they are a good example I think, of a club that could have a done a lot more in the transfer market, than they have.

Celtic are another, for years, we have shown a profit, both on and off the field.  transfers out, outweigh are transfers in by some way.

Weren't Leeds and Portsmouth victims of dodgy owners rather than anything else?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:06:05 PM by celtic » Logged

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »

I have some sympathy for that Ralph but the scenario where this strategy is likely to be successful looks pretty remote

They are competing for players in a pool with rich clubs already winning things who either don't want to sell to Arsenal (United, notably) or players would rather go to United, City, Chelsea, Germany, Spain etc

We've just been through a global recession where the market for football TV rights has gone up, both domestic and European. So the scenario where Arsenal are well placed...ie a collapse in rights market, where other clubs are in trouble becuase of huge debts and wealthy owners withdrawing from football is unlikely

In the meantime whilst the ambition to get Higuain, Gustavo, Suarez etc is laudable, the failure to go for a Mignolet or a Begovic both of whom would be miles better than any goalkeeper in the squad...or to upgrade on Mertesacker/Koscielny etc just looks remiss

The side can havel the ball playing midfielders it likes, but without upgrading elsewhere then progress beyond 4th in the PL, last 16 in the CL looks unlikely

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »

Cabaye is awful.

You're welcome to him.

Id snap 10m of faster than I could say threeonetovilla. Ut I. This market we should prob aim or higher

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »

I don't care if Arse win or lose - I still love them and Wenger

sola virtus nobilitat
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2013, 06:23:22 PM »

Cabaye is awful.

You're welcome to him.

Id snap 10m of faster than I could say threeonetovilla. Ut I. This market we should prob aim or higher

Yohan Cabaye: Despite making only 26 PL apps last season, Cabaye created at least 19 more chances (53) than any other Newcastle player
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: