blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 603480 times)
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2013, 05:06:51 AM »

Great start to the season. Really need to avoid injuries tho.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »

Bugger Theo's a late withdrawal from today's squad due to illness.

Had him as the secret-weapon captain of my FF team too Sad

A Giroud hat-trick would be okay though.

Be interesting to see the 18 year old German lad who replaces him. Always exciting to see these young kids debut.

Gnabry is good he scored twice for the reserves in midweek.

120 minutes in mid-week v West brom and then plays a blinder today and scores hir first premier league goal.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Serge gnabry. 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »

Here's a nice article which i really hope young Adzy reads, Tal too.

www.poznaninmypants.com/2013/10/01/for-whom-nothing-is-written/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2013, 11:50:40 PM »

Here's a nice article which i really hope young Adzy reads, Tal too.

www.poznaninmypants.com/2013/10/01/for-whom-nothing-is-written/

Good read. Always hated the Wenger bashers. He has been nothing short of superb.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2013, 12:01:45 AM »

Sensational win by Arsenal. A couple of points:
Giroud's hold-up play is reminiscent of Drogba. It is really that good.
Ozil is showing all those who described him as a 'luxury' signing look like fools.
We could have easily scored at least two more.
As impressive as the first half was, the second was right up there. This is a team who can see out games. Title winners do that.
Ramsey

This is with Podolski, Carzola, Walcott & Oxlade-Chamberlain missing. I think we can do it this year, Flamini is a lot better than I thought he'd be. Ramsey is playing like a 30 million pound player. Giroud has finally gotten over the pressure of replacing RVP. Özil, what can I say.

Copied and pasted. I agree.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2013, 07:17:22 AM »

I have asked my Granny to bake a very large humble pie.

She said she will buy the ingredients today, but wait until we have played games against the big three before she starts baking.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »

This is my favourite Arsenal blogger and today's is a typically well-written piece.

www.arseblog.com

SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »

This is my favourite Arsenal blogger and today's is a typically well-written piece.

www.arseblog.com

agreed, the only blog i read really

playing amazing football at the minute, and it seems we have a bit more depth than I thought... except up front! Long may it continue. Some tough fixtures ahead in nov and dec though. We will know more about this team by xmas
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 22, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »

Defo had an easier start to the season than most. Things look really promising though.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »

I missed the game v Liverpool.

This was supposed to be the first major test for Arsenal after a run of "soft" PL fixtures.

2-1 to Arsenal - were Arsenal good, Liverpool bad, or a mixture? Fair result?

Arsenal never need much help to find banana skins, & mid-season implosions, but 5 points clear at this stage (10 games in) must exceed the expectations of most.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »

Very solid Tikay.

We are doing wonderfully well with the squad size we have, but Bendtner as cover, and pretty much our only cover for Giroud worries me muchly.

Let's ride this wave while it's there though. Good times.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »

Very solid Tikay.

We are doing wonderfully well with the squad size we have, but Bendtner as cover, and pretty much our only cover for Giroud worries me muchly.

Let's ride this wave while it's there though. Good times.

Yes, agreed. You just never know with Arsenal. I was even worried when they played Palace, that was EXACTLY the sort of game they used to be capable of making a mess of.

What are yours, & others, views on young Mr Wilshere? I've heard all the "he is having to play out of position" stuff, because of the upstart Ozil, but I've been a tad disappointed in his progress. Industrious, keen, bundles of energy, & he huffs & puffs a lot (yes yes, I know, puffs....), but he often runs down blind alleys, or fails to find that crucial pass.

Am I the only one who feels he is not progressing as well as we all hoped when the hype-machine was in full swing? I'm not suggesting he is not good, not at all, but he seems to me to be far from outstanding. I hope I'm missing something, as it'd be good to see a young English lad hold down the place.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2013, 10:27:46 AM »

Arsenal won 2-0 Tony and it could easily have been a wider margin.

Ozil had his most inneffective game since he arrived and we still managed a comprehensive win dominating midfield especially in the second half. That is very encouraging as it illustrates that we now have several match-winners in this team and Jack,Theo, Flamini,The Ox, Podolski, Gnabry and Diaby in various stages of recovery.

Get that lot fit and we'll have some serious depth to the squad.

Wilshere had 18 months out with his injury and has not yet managed a run of games due to "niggles" in one ankle or the other since his return, so I think it's a little early to be judging him as he's not been able to establish a role in the team.

He's still very young and we don't really know what his best position is yet.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »

Arsenal won 2-0 Tony and it could easily have been a wider margin.

Ozil had his most inneffective game since he arrived and we still managed a comprehensive win dominating midfield especially in the second half. That is very encouraging as it illustrates that we now have several match-winners in this team and Jack,Theo, Flamini,The Ox, Podolski, Gnabry and Diaby in various stages of recovery.

Get that lot fit and we'll have some serious depth to the squad.

Wilshere had 18 months out with his injury and has not yet managed a run of games due to "niggles" in one ankle or the other since his return, so I think it's a little early to be judging him as he's not been able to establish a role in the team.

He's still very young and we don't really know what his best position is yet.

Thanks Ralph, yes, 2-0, typo again.

Fair comment as to Jack, though his style of play, ehere he sems to invite tackles, suggests to me he'll always sufffer from ankle knocks & the like.

I genuinely hope he becomes the real deal in due course. There is a lovely enthusiasm about him.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »

Also spotted in "The Game" in today's Times.

Including Saturday's result, & in the 38 games (a full season) preceding, Arsenal garnered more points than any other Premier League Team.

Arsenal 83

Man U 82

Man C 75

No trophies, but stats to die for.

If only they could hold it together.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: