blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 611752 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: November 23, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »

Coquelin is out for two months

is it just coincidence that Arsenal suffer a lot of injuries or are they way behind in sports science compared to some major clubs?

He's actually out for A MINIMUM of two months depending on today's scan. I'd snap your hand off right now for an eight week absence as I fear it may well be twice that long.

I don't think anything can be done about ligament injuries which are by and large the luck of the draw, but the number of muscle injuries that we keep getting, many of which are recurring, are indeed a worry.

We did bring Shad Forsyth in last season to address the problem. He was the German national team's performance coach, and our injury problem seemed to be on the mend until this latest spate.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:46 PM »

time to think about holding off the mighty foxes to hold onto 4th then Sad

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 23, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »

Coquelin is out for two months

is it just coincidence that Arsenal suffer a lot of injuries or are they way behind in sports science compared to some major clubs?

It stopped being bad luck a few seasons ago. Something is definitely going wrong somewhere.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 29, 2015, 06:25:39 PM »

Another game - another Arsenal injury. Alexis Sanchez off with a pulled hamstring.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 29, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »

Another game - another Arsenal injury. Alexis Sanchez off with a pulled hamstring.

Great timing after locking up his £35m 5 year extension earlier in the week.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 29, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker

You can't play someone, especially your best player, if he's knowingly got a 'dodgy hamstring'.

---

apparently Wenger said before the game that he had a hamstring problem?!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 29, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

I might well be after timing, but why on earth would they risk him here?

Ramsey was back, they had more than enough to beat Norwich without him.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 29, 2015, 06:43:58 PM »

What would they be saving him for?

And it's 1-1 with ten mins to go so hardly a rollover

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 29, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »

What would they be saving him for?

And it's 1-1 with ten mins to go so hardly a rollover

Without being results orientated which the above comment is slightly, i think Keith means there is less downside of risking him in another game than this one where they are 75% favs to win the game whether he plays or not.  It seems stupid to risk their key man in one of their five 'easiest' pre game obv because that is when the decision is made not with ten minutes left, fixtures of the season.  Obviously they will still not win this fixture 25% of the time whether he plays or not but it does seem a risk taken with very little upside to it reward wise.

My bad i thought Arsenal were at home when they are actually away so the above comment regarding ease of fixture doesn't apply and the %'s to go along with it.  Substitute in 60% for the 75% and the facts are correct alongside their fifth 'easiest' away fixture rather than fixture in general.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:54:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 29, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »

Doesn't make sense to me. Best chance for them to win in a very poor albeit unpredictable PL. think he should play his best team every game

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 29, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »

Doesn't make sense to me. Best chance for them to win in a very poor albeit unpredictable PL. think he should play his best team every game

Agreed but his 'best' team wouldn't be your star man carrying a hamstring strain would it?  The marginal difference between him playing and not playing against a bottom 5 team (probably less than 0.05 of an EPL point in EV terms) isn't worth the downside of losing him for 4-6 weeks for future games which would be deemed much more important.  Maybe the player was happy to play knowing his contract was safe and he didn't fancy playing over the xmas period.  Lot of foreigners and their wifes are not fans of our xmas schedule.  

Certain foreign players will be a lot more likely to be booked/sent off/become injured in the next couple of weeks than usual under her indoors orders.   Wink
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:22:32 PM by arbboy » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:59 PM »

It might be the only way he could get Alexis to take a break.

Pretty sure he would have wanted to bring on Ox and Cambell for the last half an hour in an ideal world, obviously without injuries forcing his hand.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 29, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »

It is also a lot easier to rest players when you have a full squad as opposed to having half-a-dozen of them out injured.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 29, 2015, 08:30:29 PM »

Wenger looks poor in my opinion for not adding necessary depth to his squad.  Especially with the Coquelin situation.  He's a stubborn man and Arsenal suffer for it.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 30, 2015, 01:46:48 AM »

Wenger looks poor in my opinion for not adding necessary depth to his squad.  Especially with the Coquelin situation.  He's a stubborn man and Arsenal suffer for it.

What exactly was he supposed to have done to compensate for 10 first team players out at a time? Bought a bunch of deadwood this summer which plays a couple of games then rots in the reserves for 4 years picking up 50k a week?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: