blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 02:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 611968 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: April 19, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »

just as a football fan watching, i would love to see what a real badass like Simeone could do with Arsenal. So astute tactically and would jolt a few there out of their comfort zone.

not sure they'd get him at the moment though!

Do you think Simeone speaking little to no English would make it extremely difficult for him to come over here?

I guess it's one of those things that can be taught and would work over time - it's just whether he would want to go through that

was ok for Pochettino for a year (though he was speaking english in private a long time before agreeing to do so in press conferences)

majority of the squad not English anyway and unlikely to be going forward

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 19, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »

"They've come up short again. Wenger needs to make big signings." Ray Parlour on Arsenal: http://skysports.tv/bgQcL4

with ref to this, is this likely to happen? (serious question, not trying to cause trouble)

the PL transfer market is going to go ballistic in the summer, new TV deal, all 20 PL clubs are going to be amongst the 30 wealthiest in Europe

i would worry that this market scenario means Wenger's long held ideas of not over-paying means Arsenal are unlikely to be that competitive in the marketplace where everyone is overpaying?

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: April 19, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »

If he stays, we will continue to be the "might have beens", because we have all seen, this leopard ain't changing his spots. If the fans request something different to his own MO, he even paints over the spots to make them even clearer.

Never felt so low about my team. Cry Cry

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 19, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »

Mourinho, Simeone, Rodgers, Moyes, Ian Wright?

Not trying to wind anyone up, genuine question, who do you want as your next manager? The top managers seem settled apart from Jose who wants Man U.

Maybe Simeone, please not any of the others.

Pochettino, Koeman, Bilic, Eddie Howe - just nick any one of them - all are ripe to move to a big club

sola virtus nobilitat
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 21, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »

An imagined minute by minute of tonight's game, gave me a chuckle: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/21/arsenal-vs-west-brom-an-imagined-minute-by-minute-timeline-of-mi/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 24, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »

Wenger a victim of the game’s vitriol but also his own flaws.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/23/arsene-wenger-anger-arsenal-fans?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 24, 2016, 11:00:31 AM »

Two paragraphs sum up exactly what some of us have been saying for years, long before Mr Neville chipped in. Slowly, but sadly inevitably, those listening and agreeing grow in numbers. We cant all be wrong.

The Spurs factor is considerable and, though some of the abuse Wenger has encountered has been lamentable, that does not mean the people dishing it out are wrong to be filled with exasperation. His blind spots – in particular, the sudden apparent disregard for players with experience, competitive courage and, above all, physical and mental fortitude – have been a concern for far too long if we remember the times when Allardyce used to say his Bolton Wanderers players, hardly a bunch of snowdrops themselves, felt physically inferior lining up against them in the tunnel.

Neville questioned whether Wenger was “naive or arrogant” and the problem when words like that are applied is that, in black and white, it takes the appearance of a personal attack. But he was right in any case. There is a measure of arrogance about Wenger’s belief that the combined football expertise of his critics barely reaches the molehills when it comes to his own mountains of knowledge. Wenger can be guilty of extreme forms of stubbornness. He will not change for anyone and that, more than anything, is why it is difficult to see anything but more of the same in the final year of his contract.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 24, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »

whatever side of it you are on, it looks more difficult to me that there will be a happy ending. of leaving at a time of his choosing, on a high.

which is a shame.

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 24, 2016, 11:44:58 AM »

whatever side of it you are on, it looks more difficult to me that there will be a happy ending. of leaving at a time of his choosing, on a high.

which is a shame.

I suspect for AW, football is his life. Yeah, he may have a small stamp collection, or enjoy a beach holiday, but fundamentally has nothing else going on, so is scared to leave.

Unlike Fergie who had racehorses, and was often seen at other sporting fixtures/awards stuff etc, and so was more in touch with the outside world, AW doesn't appear to have this. Fergie was able to recognise the time to get out was at the top, and enjoy being a hero forevermore. Even the season after he left, the crowd were left wanting more.

AW going to leave a situation that soon, anyone will come in and look as if they are doing a better job. For a few years, no one will care about what AW has done, and then the natural turn of events will mean that in 7/10 years we will all remember him fondly again. It may be if he goes now we can revere him like Fergie. It may be too late for some, but if he does continue, he is creating his own downfall.

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1899 on: April 24, 2016, 12:11:17 PM »

Absolutely vital you lads win today please
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: April 24, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »

just as a football fan watching, i would love to see what a real badass like Simeone could do with Arsenal. So astute tactically and would jolt a few there out of their comfort zone.

not sure they'd get him at the moment though!

Do you think Simeone speaking little to no English would make it extremely difficult for him to come over here?

I guess it's one of those things that can be taught and would work over time - it's just whether he would want to go through that

Rooney's just about coped with it for the last decade.

Best Bitter.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 24, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »

Absolutely vital you lads win today please

No it's not.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 24, 2016, 11:24:01 PM »

Does anyone have any theories as to why Wenger basically refuses to play Campbell? I reckon he must be absolutely fuming inside watching Theo embarrass himself every game yet he's still left on the bench behind him. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 24, 2016, 11:35:36 PM »

Does anyone have any theories as to why Wenger basically refuses to play Campbell? I reckon he must be absolutely fuming inside watching Theo embarrass himself every game yet he's still left on the bench behind him. 

Does he think he is Kevin?

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 25, 2016, 09:09:10 AM »

Olivier Giroud has now failed to score in 19 of his last 20 games in all competitions for Arsenal.

Consistent
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: