blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 600607 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: November 09, 2019, 12:57:29 PM »

Still some 3-1 and 7-2 around, which is going to look very big going into the international break if they lose at Leicester and nothing earthshattering happens in the Soton v Everton game.

No surprise to see him booted over the weekend if they lose this ebenink.

I hope you're right, but I've been hearing via my sauces that Emery's contract is actually 3-years rather than the 2-year+1 option that many of us had previously assumed, and the parsimonious nature of KSE might be a stumbling block as the settlement would now be considerably greater.

Surely worth preserving if only for it's rarity value. It's like finding an unperforated penny black.

I think a perforated penny black would be rarer than an unperforated one.

PS Whoooosh

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: November 09, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »

Are we official unter dogs versus Lester

The market is telling you that you would still be a slight underdog to Leicester even on a neutral ground.  How times change.  i remember when the gooners would be odds on away to teams like Leics and Stoke.   You never won those games but the market always thought you would haha!

Yep. How the mighty fall. I make us 9-4 so ill be going max on the arse to win today

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4022 on: November 09, 2019, 03:28:42 PM »

Still some 3-1 and 7-2 around, which is going to look very big going into the international break if they lose at Leicester and nothing earthshattering happens in the Soton v Everton game.

I hope you're right, but I've been hearing via my sauces that Emery's contract is actually 3-years rather than the 2-year+1 option that many of us had previously assumed, and the parsimonious nature of KSE might be a stumbling block as the settlement would now be considerably greater.

Surely worth preserving if only for it's rarity value. It's like finding an unperforated penny black.

PS Whoooosh

This place is getting far to cliquey.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: November 09, 2019, 03:47:34 PM »

PS Whoooosh

Sorry. I should have just said that you had found a perforated one but I'm a bit grumpy/slow at the moment.

x

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4024 on: November 09, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »

PS Whoooosh

Sorry. I should have just said that you had found a perforated one but I'm a bit grumpy/slow at the moment.

x

No. I was referring to the fact that I didn't know about the source of the sauce.

Lets quit while were behind.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: November 09, 2019, 04:15:13 PM »

PS Whoooosh

x

No. I was referring to the fact that I didn't know about the source of the sauce.

Lets quit while were behind.

It all started with Sky Sports News constantly referring to "Sky sources" when they had a new uncredited story.

That soon became Sky sauces as did any subsequent footie rumours.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: November 09, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »

Leicester are a very good football team, sadly much better than we are,  and thoroughly deserved to win today.

The greatest compliment I can pay them is that I'm sure Arsene Wenger admires the football they are playing too.

Over to you Raul and Edu..

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: November 09, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

Leicester are a very good football team, sadly much better than we are,  and thoroughly deserved to win today.

The greatest compliment I can pay them is that I'm sure Arsene Wenger admires the football they are playing too.

It is amazing watching Leicester as a semi fan as i grew up there and seeing how hungry they looked compared to Arsenal who just danced around and thought they would get a result.   It really seems that nothing has changed at Arsenal since AW left it might have got worse.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4028 on: November 09, 2019, 11:42:32 PM »

There are four teams playing head and shoulders above the rest.

Chelsea. Good first eleven but not a lot in reserve.

Leicester. There is no doubt that Brendan is a great man manager and his boys are flying.One of his biggest failings in his time at Anfield was his reluctance to change tactically when things were going badly.Also his use of substitutes was quite often baffling.If he has improved these areas,and Vardy stays fit , they will be a real danger.

Man City. Still playing the best football of all.Best squad by far.

Liverpool. You never quite know if you are going to get the entertaining Liverpool or the "grind it out" Liverpool.Either way they consistantly win and will keep going till the end.Have been lucky with injuries.If that changed there could be a blip.

I think it is going to be nip and tuck all the way through the season.

Arb , what price would you make them all ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: November 10, 2019, 12:28:31 AM »

my opinion (which is worthless in 2019 (and 2009 before you add that)) is that lolapool are overrated and the oil boys are under rated but have injury issues.   Leics just look the bollocks to me and their GD is immense as well.  Chelski could be anything  and they are exciting because they are rookie everywhere that matters.  Manager midfield and centre forward.   Are we looking at the next version of Jose/Lamps and Drog 15 years on?   Who knows.   We really could be that look that good at tiimes.   Don't forget they lost the first game 4-0 at manure this year and mostt lol'd at people saying they were unlucky when thheey were spot on
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: November 10, 2019, 12:51:51 AM »

you asked for prices?  see betfair haha
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: November 10, 2019, 02:22:28 AM »

It is amazing watching Leicester as a semi fan as i grew up there and seeing how hungry they looked compared to Arsenal who just danced around and thought they would get a result.   It really seems that nothing has changed at Arsenal since AW left it might have got worse.

That's the nub of it but as well as lack of energy, there was no speed and quality of passing. I think someone else said it here before but you can never see a discernible plan or method with Arsenal, just a long way behind the better coached teams. We're so far adrift of top 4 that 7 or 8 places below us is only a few points back. It could look a lot worse in a few games time

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: November 10, 2019, 04:06:11 AM »

Football Tweet @Football__Tweet
Leicester City fans chanting: "You're getting sacked in the ebening. Sacked in the ebening"

Can't beat terrace humour.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: November 10, 2019, 10:12:22 AM »

I know the whole article is behind a paywall but the headline speaks for itself:

https://theathletic.com/1365197/2019/11/10/exclusive-arsenal-will-not-sack-emery-and-are-100-behind-the-manager-they-believe-club-are-on-the-right-path/

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4034 on: November 21, 2019, 09:36:42 AM »

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/predicting-every-spurs-players-fate-under-jose-mourinho-241102

Grin

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: