blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final  (Read 141460 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 05, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »

DTD Deepstack sees a Ceri on the top.

Ceri Rees clears a cool £105,000 from chopping then winning successive Deepstacks

http://blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/28168

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Da Bookie

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 05, 2012, 11:56:33 AM »

Without doubt a fantastic event DTD deserve all the success they get. Any drop in numbers because of Irish open ( and i will be one ) will i`m sure be compensated by the buzz created by this event people talk and that is the best publicity in the world. Well done to all concerned and poor Tighty the man never stopped lol.
       I don`t see the problem with guests on the forum surely the more hits the better for DTD and therefore the better for blonde surely people have the right to be anonymous if they wish.
JIMIJIMI

Born to win

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »

Hi,

I'd just like to apologise profusely about the problems we have had over the last few days with our web site, resulting in our streaming going down to tonight, we don't charge for steaming so I can't even given everyone their money back, just really sorry.

On another note, there was no way in a million years we expected this size of field, it was 540 unique players with an addional 100 re entries, way above our expectations, meaning the tournament brought back 188 players to day 2, my preference is for day 2 players to be much closer to the money than this.

Lot to think about for the next deepstack in 5 weeks time, including the clash with the Irish open.

Thx for all your support in breaking the record for a deepstack field and prize pool in dusk till dawn, sorry about the above.

Rob

No apologies necessary.... DTD is THE NUTS.... these extra services like streaming is just awesome.... technical difficulties happen.... thanks for such an awesome club.

This.

Structure, prizepool, tables, dealer training, TD decisions, valet service all to gold standard. Nowhere comes close.

Oh and the last minute turbo stt's were genius (and flawless too).

Thanks for putting on another great weekend.
+1 ty rob
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 05, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »

Despite the number of players that turned up, this comp was the absolute nuts. By far and beyond the best structure Iv played in.

Have no complaints about the event at all. I quite liked the whole "come back on day 2 and have to go down to 1/3rd of the field". It made for good poker on day 2 instead of people just laddering from shuffle up and deal.
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 05, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »

Brilliant Updates as usual, Tighty and the team.
Also, 'smashedagain' (I'm sorry I didn't ask your name) good job handling a field of 350+ on Day 1B.

Well done Ceri, played solid, picked his spots.. but also a cracking bloke. GG GG

Thankyou Guys,
Tommy.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 05, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »

Also, 'smashedagain' (I'm sorry I didn't ask your name) good job handling a field of 350+ on Day 1B.

Well done Ceri, played solid, picked his spots.. but also a cracking bloke. GG GG

Thankyou Guys,
Tommy.
Jason Herbert. Awesome result especially with back to back finals. Be glad we never chatted as I would have only bored you about how I made back to back final tables last feb/ march too and this one time in Marrakesh:)

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »

cant believe he hasnt heard of you mate

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 05, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »

cant believe he hasnt heard of you mate

Smiley

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 05, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »

Great work guys <3 Rich/Jason.

@whollyflush on twitter
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »

Coundt stay up but read the bits i missed

tremendous effort tighty and team - vwp

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 05, 2012, 03:11:38 PM »

do we know when the video going on to the dtd website
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 05, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »

Well Done Tommy "The Gun" BinKham... lukbox Wink

Satellite King
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »

Thankyou Guys,
Tommy.
Tommy you sick dude!

What a game you got m8. Really enjoyed our little battles on both days. What hand did you have when down to 3 tables?You opened 71k from 2mirrion and I was gonna shove 77 for half mirrion but your chest was heaving a bit and took a flop in pos. 9tq rainbow you donk I fold.

Driving back down the M5 I think it was Defo shove pre and it's my only real regret of the whole event. I was soooooo looking forward to a mega pot with ya. That K5 spades in blinds on day one was a right laugh though.

The quad when you had the hooks sounded like a cracker too!

Well done Sir.

Alex
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 05, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »

Thankyou Guys,
Tommy.
Tommy you sick dude!

What a game you got m8. Really enjoyed our little battles on both days. What hand did you have when down to 3 tables?You opened 71k from 2mirrion and I was gonna shove 77 for half mirrion but your chest was heaving a bit and took a flop in pos. 9tq rainbow you donk I fold.

Driving back down the M5 I think it was Defo shove pre and it's my only real regret of the whole event. I was soooooo looking forward to a mega pot with ya. That K5 spades in blinds on day one was a right laugh though.

The quad when you had the hooks sounded like a cracker too!

Well done Sir.

Alex

My friend.. I had   !
Enjoyed our little battles and 3 barrels... Wink
Good luck in the future buddy, see you soon.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: March 05, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »

Awesome job Tighty all weekend, seriously I don't know how you do it alone.  It was utterly exhausting when I did EPT's & GUKPT's with double updaters nevermind doing it solo! Maybe a time when the poker usage of HERO does have a true meaning Wink

(actually might downgrade you to 3/4's hero, just remembered Jonathan must be a great help too, oops).

As for all the structure talk, I did have words with Simon about how much of a bingo shovefest it was with like 4 tables left onwards and the average stack being at just 18bb's for a good time. On reflection, I don't know what else could have happened in a 2 day event with nearly 650 runners and a massive amount of money to play for on the final table.

People were nitting up too much and with the added incentive of rolling back the blinds 2 levels for the final 8, I'm afraid that contributed pretty much to how bad it was with 2 tables left. Such a shame but as usual DTD stick their necks out, try things out to benefit the players and it doesn't always work.  It was also a variable of the players who were left behind, a big mix of inexperienced and recreational players rather than 30 pro's battling it out for top prize, which would have made it play out a lot quicker imo.

I believe Simon alluded to the blind roll back at the final to be scrapped and he is looking at the whole tournament as a whole to never dip below an average 25bb's all the way through. Great idea.

Getting a little sick of knocking on the door and having it tripled locked with the keys on the inside too many times, but heyho had a great weekend nonetheless and congrats DTD again for the great ideas and was actually pretty awesome watching the stream knowing they weren't gonna deal. Bravo!!!

Oh and really happy for Ceri too, great lad and always smiling which is a little rarity. Can't understand a word he says though Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: