blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250,000 Supersized March : Deepstack Day 2 and final  (Read 142414 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: March 05, 2012, 09:56:56 AM »

Nearly 10am and no sign of Tighty yet - such a slacker.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 05, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »

congrats to the lad, lot of haters on this thread

Yea this - well done Cerri
Did I miss something about haters? Ceri is one of the best sat players on the Dtd and is a great guy and very humble. I asked him last month why he dealt as I thought he would destroy that final table he told me that £10k was a massive amount of money to him at that moment in time. I am made up for him that he has got the lot this time.

Edit: I did like tommy Bingham putting the devilfish in his pocket in one of the hands I witnessed. He even had the fish quiet for 15 seconds. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 05, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »

thank a lot great work this weekend
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 05, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »

Well done tighty and all at DTD another great comp. lots can be said about structures etc but you can't please everyone and it would be almost impossible to play a "sensible" comp over two days with so many runners.

I found that from about 35 runners down it was all shove and fold and if you opened with a sensible raise you where met with a shove from a shortish stack meaning either calls light or a fold. No doubt to me in the latter stages it was more a case of gamble than before but no complaints at all.

Next months Irish open will have an impact I think but more worrying would be Easter - don't families do that together or am I just old?

The show of hands Simon asked for with 400 runners going to the Irish open was 15 players and there was far more players than that at the Vegas team challenge event who are regs at Dtd. I have been answering a lot of messages from Irish players about what going on at Dtd. Don't be suprised if they start sending over 25 or 30 players as they can get flights to east midlands for the price of fuel from Dublin to Belfast.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 05, 2012, 10:05:15 AM »

And lol at Easter having any effect on gamblers.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:36 AM »

Next months Irish open will have an impact I think but more worrying would be Easter - don't families do that together or am I just old?

[/quote]

Catholics tend to celebrate Easter much more than Ur average Joe. I think it's quite a religious time of year. They usually only eat Fish on Good Friday too, as a respect to there religion.
LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »

Awesome game guys congrats to all on  the final table and massive well done to bingham and reas who made 2 FT deepstacks in a month.

Hopefull this means now i wont have to give tommy pertrol money when we travel up together now Smiley

Great job Tommy boy. Beats the League game at rileys don't it haha

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »

Just think off all those Easter eggs you could buy courtesy of dtd . Can't see the Irish open effecting it 3300 buy I'n plus flights and hotel and is so expensive there . 600 easy next month if not more
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »

Great updates.

I would allow non-members to view until midnight and then make it members only. You serve the first course and then when you're diners are seated and have a taste for your fine food you ask them if they'd like to stay for the rest of the free meal.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

There are even 26 guests viewing now. May be they could sign up and post on here what's stopping guests from signing up.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 05, 2012, 10:22:14 AM »

Catholics tend to celebrate Easter much more than Ur average Joe. I think it's quite a religious time of year. They usually only eat Fish on Good Friday too, as a respect to there religion.
[/quote]

I think the Catholics in Ireland celebrate Easter more - apart from on good Friday when the pubs actually close. I was thinking more the family thing of having a day out or even worse getting the garden ready or even worse DIY!!!

I guess poker players are a different breed. The show of hands I wouldn't want to rely on Jason as I/you could name probably 50 that are likely to do Ireland that were at dtd this weekend but yeah you're right about the numbers that will come from star city. I hope it works for dtd, they deserve all the success they get IMO!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 05, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »

I feel the old way worked well where anyone could read the updates but only members could see the pics (cant remember why this was changed)

and if i remember rightly it takes about 2 minutes to sign up and its FREE  Smiley

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
th777

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 05, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »

proper chuffed for tommy bingham...wp sir!
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:58 AM »

There are even 26 guests viewing now. May be they could sign up and post on here what's stopping guests from signing up.

I shouldnt worry about people not joining; my computer logs me out or if I forget to log in Im a 'guest', also if im on my pad or other device I dont always log on; I would imagine its the same for a lot of these 'guests'.
I 'll add my thanks to DTD, blonde and the contributors for their input; the DTD/Blonde partnership clearly works; in fact I think the phenomenal numbers we have seen are in no small part due to it.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 05, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »

congrats to the lad, lot of haters on this thread

Yea this - well done Cerri

I haven't read the whole thread about what people have been saying but I was playing with him for a short period in the money yesterday and he was playing well. Very aggressive and always looks for the non showdown pots where possible being aggressive with draws and what not. Saw him get very lucky with an 11 outer all in on the turn, but he played the hand well.

As for bingham those two were duelling with about 40 left on my table and getting into huge pots with both bantering and playing loosely, but there was a lot of dead money in the middle of each hand so why not be aggro.

Learnt a lot from watching both players that were heads up about how to be more aggro but that is a lot to do with me being relatively tight. Bingham took me out AJ<AK, the luckbox! Knock me out you get heads up, obv.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: