blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  such a proud DAD
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: such a proud DAD  (Read 45849 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »

My 14 month old daughter Aoife (point for proper pronunciation)

She's a determined little thing and the smiliest child you could wish to encounter and tonight I am feeling very proud of her.

thumbs up

From 1:11  Wink
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »

A Level results day. My youngest son has spent the last few weeks worrying that he wouldn't get the grades needed for Uni - he's not naturally gifted but works harder than anyone I know.

ABB and he's off to Nottingham Uni.

#prouddad
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »

A Level results day. My youngest son has spent the last few weeks worrying that he wouldn't get the grades needed for Uni - he's not naturally gifted but works harder than anyone I know.

#prouddad

Wow, many congrats, must be nice.

Apologies for drifting off topic, but how is your recovery going? May be better to reply on my Diary, rather than upset all the proud Dad's.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »

#prouddad

Wow, many congrats, must be nice.

Apologies for drifting off topic, but how is your recovery going? May be better to reply on my Diary, rather than upset all the proud Dad's.

Reply here please. If you reply on Tony's diary I might skim past it.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2017, 05:11:05 PM »

#prouddad

Fabulous, well done him.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:13 PM »

#prouddad

Very well done, congrats.

Ah! The element of surprise
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »

My 18yo son finished his first year at Nottingham Uni. In an hour or so he'll land in Manilla, get on a plane to Sydney and then a two hour train journey before arriving in Newcastle NSW where he'll spend the next five months studying at the Uni there.

When I was his age a day trip to London was an adventure. Missing him already.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »

My 18yo son finished his first year at Nottingham Uni. In an hour or so he'll land in Manilla, get on a plane to Sydney and then a two hour train journey before arriving in Newcastle NSW where he'll spend the next five months studying at the Uni there.

When I was his age a day trip to London was an adventure. Missing him already.

Wow, that's some outing Cheesy

Best of luck to him!

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »

Can't remember if I mentioned my eldest son on here before, wanted to do medicine but didn't get in so did Maths at Edinburgh instead. Found it a real struggle, ended up retaking his second year and this summer made the tough decision that he wasn't going to pass and dropped out. He had a huge number of rejections due to the failure but persevered and recently got a job with a FTSE100 company as a trainee risk & compliance analyst and is like a dog with two tails.

Son #2 is on track for a 1st class degree next summer and yesterday was offered a graduate trainee job by Centrica.

#doubleprouddad
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2019, 02:13:10 PM »

Can't remember if I mentioned my eldest son on here before, wanted to do medicine but didn't get in so did Maths at Edinburgh instead. Found it a real struggle, ended up retaking his second year and this summer made the tough decision that he wasn't going to pass and dropped out. He had a huge number of rejections due to the failure but persevered and recently got a job with a FTSE100 company as a trainee risk & compliance analyst and is like a dog with two tails.

Son #2 is on track for a 1st class degree next summer and yesterday was offered a graduate trainee job by Centrica.

#doubleprouddad

Good for them, and all credit to you too. None of it is easy or simple is it?

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2019, 02:18:20 PM »

I'm officially the old bloke at work (not sure how, I'm still 18 in my head) and often get the comments from those with toddlers/tweens/teenagers that it must be so much easier with a 23 and 20yo.

Nope, the problems just get bigger and usually more expensive.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: