blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  such a proud DAD
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: such a proud DAD  (Read 46132 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »

Some going, that.

Congrats to your lad!

LOL @ Typhoon's post.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2016, 10:11:08 AM »

GCSE results day made me proud for different reasons and of much lower results than those incred ones posted above.

My daughter started secondary school at a selective grammar school and by year 9 any individual teacher would have predicted her As or Bs. However, she struggled greatly with numerous mental health issues and continues to do so. There's been lengthy stays in hospital for an eating disorder and multiple self harm/suicide attempts and the last two years of schooling were at a hospital school rather than her grammar school.

She ended up with 4 Cs including her maths and English, a couple of Ds and a couple of BTech level two spades which just about get her over the line to get into college next month for a fresh start. She's carrying a lot of physical scars and the emotional trauma she and the whole family has endured over the last five years have left invisible scars that run deep. But to even complete the exams, let alone pass them is a big achievement for her and I am very proud of her for fighting the urges she had to check out completely.

Hopefully college life and a digital media course (something she's really interests in) will suit her better and allow her to blossom as a young woman.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »

GCSE results day made me proud for different reasons and of much lower results than those incred ones posted above.

My daughter started secondary school at a selective grammar school and by year 9 any individual teacher would have predicted her As or Bs. However, she struggled greatly with numerous mental health issues and continues to do so. There's been lengthy stays in hospital for an eating disorder and multiple self harm/suicide attempts and the last two years of schooling were at a hospital school rather than her grammar school.

She ended up with 4 Cs including her maths and English, a couple of Ds and a couple of BTech level two spades which just about get her over the line to get into college next month for a fresh start. She's carrying a lot of physical scars and the emotional trauma she and the whole family has endured over the last five years have left invisible scars that run deep. But to even complete the exams, let alone pass them is a big achievement for her and I am very proud of her for fighting the urges she had to check out completely.

Hopefully college life and a digital media course (something she's really interests in) will suit her better and allow her to blossom as a young woman.

Sounds like a pretty harrowing experience for you all and great she's hit this point where yr last sentence could be exactly what happens

sola virtus nobilitat
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »

We're not there yet Smiley
Still hiding the kitchen knives and razors and locking the painkillers away
On the right track though hopefully.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »

Amazing she managed to do so well, with everything else going on.

Hope that college goes well, and things continue to go the right way for you all, Adam.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »

The grades your daughter achieved are amazing considering the challenges shes faces daily. Having a wife who works as a counsellor with children I can understand the stress and worry your daughter, yourself and family must be under. All the best for the future.

Ah! The element of surprise
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2016, 02:08:15 PM »

Amazing she managed to do so well, with everything else going on.

Hope that college goes well, and things continue to go the right way for you all, Adam.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2016, 04:24:37 PM »

Thanks chaps
If she could see herself like the beautiful, intelligent, funny and charming young woman the rest of us saw, she'd be fine, but that's the nature of the illness unfortunately.

I'm sure a few months at college, some new friends and some interest from boys will help her no end.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2016, 12:34:34 AM »

Very well done to your daughter Adam, she is obviously a little fighter deep down beneath the awful burden of her mental health issues. I hope her fantastic achievements help her recognise that.
I sincerely wish you and your family the very best for the future xxx

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Skye is 6 years old and has had three fifteen minute lessons with my Dad.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Grrr. I selected the YouTube icon on Blonde and then posted the YouTube link minus the s of http so between the square brackets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2017, 10:38:46 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Grrr. I selected the YouTube icon on Blonde and then posted the YouTube link minus the s of https between the square brackets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2017, 10:40:14 PM »

Was the 'm.' causing it.

Clever girl. I'd have taken about 3 weeks to learn that at 16, nevermind 6 Cheesy

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2017, 10:45:35 PM »

Was the 'm.' causing it.

Clever girl. I'd have taken about 3 weeks to learn that at 16, nevermind 6 Cheesy

Thank you Marky
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2017, 11:54:46 PM »

Have never contributed before but this is one of my favourite threads on blonde, proper feel good stuff.

My 14 month old daughter Aoife (point for proper pronunciation) was born with a hip condition called hip dysplasia which meant that both of her hips were dislocated as her hip joints hadn't formed properly in the womb. At 17 days old she had to go into a soft harness which kept her legs in a fixed position for 23 hours a day and she remained in the harness for 6 month, at which point the docs were content the joints were trending in the right direction.. The doctors told us to expect her crawling and walking to be a bit delayed due to this. In spite of their warnings, at 10 months we had a baby who was walking of her own free will, long before some of her NCT peers.

Today myself, the wife and the little'un trundled up to the hospital for Aoife's first annual check up. Thankfully the docs have said her hips are now completely akin to the average child of her age and they were quite amazed at the speed of her development. She's a determined little thing and the smiliest child you could wish to encounter and tonight I am feeling very proud of her.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: