blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2012 betting thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2012 betting thread  (Read 26190 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »

Criscito out of Euros for Italy due to match fixing - good sign tho cos in 82 and 06 with scandal back home Italy won the world cup.

The sad thing tho Maldini is that example shows how long the game has been ill in Italy and how 30 years on it is still commonplace. Doesn't say much for the policing of the game or the deterrent of the sentences handed out either.

the  totonero case then only ended up being a platform for Paulo Rossi to become a national hero when in some other profession he would have been in jail along with many others. They banned him for three years and then made it two so it meant he would be eligible to play in the 1982 World cup and he top scored in the event and Italy won it. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of how seriously it's been treated when it's still rife tho is it?

Im just talking about reasons to back Italy for the euros not the issues regarding match fixing in Italy. Obviously match fixing is wrong.

yes I see, what is worrying tho is that betting a team to win a tournament when some of their expected squad has been caught up in the scandal and possibly more to come is prob not a great spot until we know for sure what is going to happen before it starts.

You wouldn't want to be on now when you could prob still get the same price in 10 days when it will be clearer then if any other players are involved/likely to have been omitted. Obv the price can only go one way if it is bad news and will still be there if it is good. I see they have put back the announcement of the squad, do you know when they are going to make the announcement now?

cheers

Squad is announced tomorrow, Criscito's not a massive loss, Balzaretti will come straight in and do just fine.

Criscito's asked to leave to clear his name, quoted from Albertin. He may still be guilty!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »

yes, its amazing how vocal they are about clearing their names when they are caught and the how quiet they are when they get sentenced  Smiley

I once got a call from a guy that works out in Asia who told me the captain of a team in Italy had got his agent to have bet with them on a game in the last round of lge matches one season.

No covering it up, or back street gambling, just clear as day got his agent to ring and put a  bet on.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »

Ive been hunting around for Euro value and want peoples opinions on this market please    Top Man Utd goal scorer at the Euros

1 Rooney...out for first 2 games and not guarnteed to get back in  the team straight away  best price 3-1
2 Young  definite starter and scored in last 4 England games                                            best price 7-2
3 Welbeck  slighy injury at moment and wont start imo                                                    best price 7-2
4 Nani   plays in same position for Portugal(i dont jave too much info on him)     ?              best price 4-1
5 No Goalscorer                seems very short price to me  ?                                               best price 9-2
6  Phil Jones      loves to go forward and rumours he will play instead of Johnson               best price 33-1
7 Patrice Evra      No Chance imo                                                                                   best price 66-1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/top-man-united-goalscorer         

My thoughts are ...Rooney wont have enough time,Welbeck like wise and is hit n miss  ...so that leaves the inform Young  @7-2 with a saver on Jones at a big 33-1 especially if he plays midfield with his eye for a goal     

Views /discuss please especially on no goal scorer and Nani as not sure about him on the International stage                                   

Ashley Young looks a good price

If England progress, he's got a two game headstart on Rooney

Nani has scored 12 in 52 playing wide for Portugal

6 of the 12 though were against Faroes/Bosnia/Malta and Iceland

So I would be tempted to ignore him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »

Not sure what i did there ...think i deleted when trying to modify...anyway

Ive been hunting around for Euro value and want peoples opinions on this market please    Top Man Utd goal scorer at the Euros

1 Rooney...out for first 2 games and not guarnteed to get back in  the team straight away  best price 3-1
2 Young  definite starter and scored in last 4 England games                                            best price 7-2
3 Welbeck  slighy injury at moment and wont start imo                                                    best price 7-2
4 Nani   plays in same midfield position for Portugal(i dont have too much info on him)     ? best price 4-1
5 No Goalscorer                seems very short price to me  ?                                               best price 9-2
6  Phil Jones      loves to go forward and rumours he will play instead of Johnson               best price 33-1
7 Patrice Evra      No Chance imo                                                                                   best price 66-1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/top-man-united-goalscorer        

My thoughts are ...Rooney wont have enough time,Welbeck like wise and is hit n miss  ...so that leaves the inform Young  @7-2 with a saver on Jones at a big 33-1 especially if he plays midfield with his eye for a goal    

Views /discuss please especially on no goal scorer and Nani as not sure about him on the International stage    

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:38:49 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »

Ive been hunting around for Euro value and want peoples opinions on this market please    Top Man Utd goal scorer at the Euros

1 Rooney...out for first 2 games and not guarnteed to get back in  the team straight away  best price 3-1
2 Young  definite starter and scored in last 4 England games                                            best price 7-2
3 Welbeck  slighy injury at moment and wont start imo                                                    best price 7-2
4 Nani   plays in same position for Portugal(i dont jave too much info on him)     ?              best price 4-1
5 No Goalscorer                seems very short price to me  ?                                               best price 9-2
6  Phil Jones      loves to go forward and rumours he will play instead of Johnson               best price 33-1
7 Patrice Evra      No Chance imo                                                                                   best price 66-1

My thoughts are ...Rooney wont have enough time,Welbeck like wise and is hit n miss  ...so that leaves the inform Young  @7-2 with a saver on Jones at a big 33-1 especially if he plays midfield with his eye for a goal    

Ashley Young looks a good price

If England progress, he's got a two game headstart on Rooney

Nani has scored 12 in 52 playing wide for Portugal

6 of the 12 though were against Faroes/Bosnia/Malta and Iceland

So I would be tempted to ignore him

My thoughts too on Young  Rich...Is it me or does no goalscorer look ridiculousy short at 9-2?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »

Rooney is absolutely gtd to walk straight back in the team.

I like Young if we know he's going to play the role he did on Saturday but with Welbeck to return and the fact Downing is about 95% likely to have another terrible game on Saturday if he plays then Hodgson might feel Young should play LM.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 02:36:08 PM »

I like Young if we know he's going to play the role he did on Saturday but with Welbeck to return and the fact Downing is about 95% likely to have another terrible game on Saturday if he plays then Hodgson might feel Young should play LM.

Good points Ray...though I must say as regards Rooney, if England win or do well in their first 2 games history has taught us that any managers dont like to change a winning team.

Like you indicate , it might be a betting market that is best entered after seeing the first group match team sheet.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:45:51 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »

Good points Ray...though I must say as regards Rooney, if England win or do well in their first 2 games history has taught us that any managers dont like to change a winning team.

Like you indicate , it might be a betting market that is best entered after seeing the first match team sheet

Hopefully we'll get to find out. I'd be very suprised if Rooney didn't play as soon as available, unless were already out.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »

Its tricky imo Fraser as obv the front three players all impact on the chances of each other scoring and even starting where Wellbeck is concerned. As it stands now I couldn't back him with bad money at that price, coz he will either be miles bigger if he isn't being considered for a start and prob fav if he gets the nod to start the first game, as he is then in prime position to start two of the gtd 3 games we have. It's tough to back Rooney when the team might only get 4 games and he prob only gets 2 of them.

Which means that Young, who will probably start in all the games we play is much more solid on paper, I'm just not sure the price is so far wrong to have a bet on it. If Jones did start in midfield instead of Barry then that would be an angle but this looks like a market where it is possible that 2 goals could be the winning number.  The scenarios that might happen re team selection this far away from the first game mean someone will be great value at those prices come that first game but its impossible to know which one it is now.

On your top Arsenal scorer market you put on the Tips thread, you know RVP is going to start and Podolski too, so its a far better market but again, a little like Maldini's bet on Italy are you getting the edge taking 8/11 now or waiting til you know your man is fit to start when they events kicks off and talking a little shorter then?

There are usually a few injuries in the lead up to these events

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »

Inclined to agree Phil ...Young prob best of a bad bunch...with maybe  a decent price on Jones...but we have the dark horse Nani of course

Wasnt really sure if there was an angle thats why I was seeking opinions so thanks
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »

Inclined to agree Phil ...Young prob best of a bad bunch...with maybe  a decent price on Jones...but we have the dark horse Nani of course

Wasnt really sure if there was an angle thats why I was seeking opinions so thanks

yes I forgot to add Nani in, the spread firms have England in to have 5 to 5.4 goals in the tourney and Portugal in for 4.5 to 4.8. So Nani is playing in a team that is expected to score less goals and he doesn't play up front. He is prob the most solid player at this stage to pin down but would deffo be behind Young if he starts in the same possie as Saturday or Wellbeck if he starts too, its just we have no way of knowing now which way the team will go.

The no goal is too short at 9/2 because even tho the England team players listed have doubts, you have to think that as a package they will be on the pitch enough of the time to score, with Nani having plenty of minutes played too.

These specials markets are deffo where there will be value Fraser. I once ricked a market up at the 2002 World Cup where I spent the whole of the qtr finals onwards praying there wasn't a game with summat daft like 18 or more corners in it.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »

yes I forgot to add Nani in, the spread firms have England in to have 5 to 5.4 goals in the tourney and Portugal in for 4.5 to 4.8. So Nani is playing in a team that is expected to score less goals and he doesn't play up front. He is prob the most solid player at this stage to pin down but would deffo be behind Young if he starts in the same possie as Saturday or Wellbeck if he starts too, its just we have no way of knowing now which way the team will go.

The no goal is too short at 9/2 because even tho the England team players listed have doubts, you have to think that as a package they will be on the pitch enough of the time to score, with Nani having plenty of minutes played too.

These specials markets are deffo where there will be value Fraser. I once ricked a market up at the 2002 World Cup where I spent the whole of the qtr finals onwards praying there wasn't a game with summat daft like 18 or more corners in it.

Totally Agree thats why im busy studying Phil.

One of the keys to opening a lot of euro betting specials is trying to second guess the team selection , and then of course the next hurdle is tring to get a bet on in these less fluid markets ....it might be an idea to pm rather than post if we make a good find   Smiley  (until we get on of course  )

PS  ...I tried to get £2200 on RVP...Hills offered me £220  and the rest at blah blah blah      standard   Smiley
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

Yes thats the way of the world these days mate.

I have a question for you tho, when we were kids you used to bet in those amounts and all these years later you still are.

Where did it all go wrong? :-)

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »

I didnt think £2200 was too bad for a specials market  hehe  Wink
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »

Maldini - wouldn't you be a bit worried about the general effect of this match fixing on the general morale of the Italy squad and association etc?  Not sure I could back them with counterfeit at the moment.  Feel same about Spain for pretty much same reasons as Brent.  Betting in a big tournament is more about draws than the talents of the teams IMO and for that reason I like Russia.  Underrated as a footballing power because the weather and times of the season there conspire against them in the Champs League etc this is pretty much a home tournament for them and they have some very good players and should get out of their group in a canter.  25/1 is a very big price IMO especially each way.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: