blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:52:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas, but no Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas, but no Aftermath - Diary  (Read 128935 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »

Sounds like option 2

Ivey Out
Posted 2 minutes ago by joseph.hurless     
Phil Ivey was just seen leaving the tournament area, the chips in his former seat are gone along with his dreams of this event giving him his 9th bracelet. We asked around the table what happened to see the poker superstar exit early and we were told that his opponent three bet him all in preflop and Ivey called with . Ivey's opponent held  and when the board blanked out Ivey was sent packing.

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-14-no-limit-hold-em-shootout/

AJ vs AK for those that can't read the invisible ink.

I suppose there is no chance the oppo is Keith as I think he was on the worng side to 3 bet him.  1 time on the misreported hand.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »

News From British Twitterville
Posted June 07 2012 by MarcC
John "@johneamespoker" Eames: "Back to 40k after getting two easy streets of value. 9 left, blinds 400-800."

Ben "@TFPbenji" Jenkins: "Weak start. 35k at first break 6/7 I think. Predictably everyone's playing pretty good, except Tom Schneider who punted hard to cada."

Keith "@keiththecamel" Hawkins: "The Ivey problem lasted less than a lvl. He was in pissagainstawall mode. Calling allin pre for 50bbs with AJ. He didn't have the best hand!"

Followed by:

"If only I had enough money to do that! Played one pot and lost it. Got about 35k going back to 400-800/100."

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2012, 01:25:09 AM »

Sigh...

Keith Hawkins      Busted

http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-14-no-limit-hold-em-shootout/

Ship It!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »

Damn that's a couple crossbars, must be due a goal in the $10k!!

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2012, 04:32:01 AM »

Depressing day.

Katharine and Jake left today, which upset me more than I expected. They either don't come on poker trips or stay for the duration. So this was difficult.

Was geed up by a text message from them at from the aiport and that lifted my spirits accordingly.

Settled down to play and won the first pot I played 3 betting with AK and winning it with a bet on flop.

I then plumped up my cushions to watch the Phil Ivey Self Destruction show.

He nearly went out very early.

Guy opens, he calls in MP and BB calls too.

Flop 944. He and the bb proceed to get allin. Ivey had 74 the bb had J4. A nine on the turn saved his bacon.

Undaunted he proceeded to get involved in pot after pot with pestes until he had ironed out 40% of his stack.

In the first five minutes of level 2 300-600/100 guy opens for 1600 in LP.

Button calls.

Ivey with approx 28k makes it 6k to go from the bb.

Original raiser shoves. Ivey tank calls with AJ. aying "I feel like gambling". What's new (apart from you've got to do it with your own money now, not money stolen from FTP players by Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson).

He did not have the best hand and busted.

The other "name" player on the table also busted ridiculously. Putting in about 80 bbs on a flop of KQ8 rainbow with AK. I would have bet all of Flushy's wealth that AK was no good there. And he didn't look remotely surprised when the geezer turned over QQ.

I struggled mightily for the next 3 hours. I was dealt total shit and when I tried to 3bet with air, I got 4bet almost inevitably.

The only spot I might have played differently was with 22bb at 600-1200/200. I opened for 2500 in MP with AJs. By far the tightest player at the table shoved 18 bigs from the button. My initial instinct was to call, but I talked myself out of it. Poss a mistake.

Then, a couple of orbits later, I shoved 14 bbs with AQs. Got two callers, one of whom had 55 and she flopped a set. GG, mind you don't trip up leaving the building.

Really thought this was a great shot at going deep. And it was. There were 3 super weak players at the table. Plus Ivey and Nam Le obviously couldn't give a damn.

The guys who had the chips were obviously very strong players though. But I had position on both, and if I could have got hold of some chips I would really have fancied my chances.

Ah well.

Tomorrow is the $10K PLHE. Really looking forward to this. An in room movie and an early night for me!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »

The more you write this stuff, the more I miss "Ruminates", your blog, you have a lovely flowing style of writing, Keith, direct & natural.

Must have been pretty upsetting to see Kath & Jake go home, ugh.

If I could but find it, I have a photo of you & Jake at his first Live Tourney, I suspect. It was in Deauville, at Hotel Barriere, we were there for the EPT in, I think, '05 or '06, & Jake was just months old at the time as I recall.  You were in that corridor just outside the restaurant, & we had brekkie with you, Bambos, & that grey/silver haired chap from The Vic (he cashed I think) who is an old mucker of Karabiner's, I forget his name.

I rather liked Deauville, but it was the nut wrong time of the year, very cold. Think I was rooming with snoopy, Jen & some others that year, in some dreadful dosshouse. Yikes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

Ul mr Camel great read ...apart from the bust out obv

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »

Great Blog keith, keep it coming... Gl in the 10k,
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »

Chin up Keith,good luck in the next one.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2012, 08:47:22 AM »

Is there a more frustrating game than poker?

In the first tournament of this trip, I played really badly and cashed.

The second tournament, the shootout, I played ok on day 1, but ran red hot and I would have had to play woefully not to succeed. Day 2 was like torture. But at least I cashed.

Now, today was the big one. I played great. Couldn't have done any better. My table, for a 10k PLHE event which everyone kept saying was the one hardest of the WSOP, was fantastic. At least 5 players who, in the wise words of Francis Rohan "I'd like to be locked up with them".

So, why the fuck am I busted from the tournament?

Circumstances beyond my control I suppose.

I chipped up from a 30k starting stack to over 50k only ever showing one hand. And that was top set.

It was perfectly plain sailing.

Then 10 minutes before dinner I doubled up a short stack. And all the hard work was gone.

Back to starting stack, i proceeded to double up a micro stack.

Then after 8 hours I find kings utg. Get 3 bet and 4 bet. I shove 24 bigs. The 4 bettor had AA.

Door card King. Underneath an ace.

If I had 100k, I would have lost it. That's the only tiny consolation i guess.

But FML poker is a fickle mistress.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:14:19 AM by The Camel » Logged

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

PS. If you happen to follow me on Twitter, don't believe everything I say.

The chip counts will be accurate, but I give out Stalinesque misinformation about hand details if I think anyone at my table might be reading my feed.

I said I floppped 4 sets.. it was actually only one.. and they saw that.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »

The ultimate cooler vul Keith
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2012, 08:58:58 AM »

The chip counts will be accurate, but I give out Stalinesque misinformation about hand details if I think anyone at my table might be reading my feed.

Hadn't thought about it before, but great way to create/reinforce an image, social media propaganda!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »

Tournaments are so frustrating.... Unlucky Keith

RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 09, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

Ooooooooh you fibber  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: