blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:18:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 45106 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »

Carroll won headers and flicked them on to nobody. If nobody from your team is running in behind why are you flicking headers on? To say he got close to Pirlo at any point is fantasy. Then at the end he let a defender shoot at goal instead of stepping up himself. Great contribution. That said not one of our attacking players showed anything of note. Young and Rooney were terrible. 

Carroll isn't top level international class, by any stretch, but his contribution when he came on was fine.
He flicked some balls on, and brought some under, which is what you would expect him to do.
He also was a little more effective defensively than Welbeck and Rooney had been earlier.

He shouldn't be the kind of forward who plays behind front man, and therefore picks up the holding midfielder, but he still managed to do some work in that area.

I'm not a Carroll worshipper (like Pleno), but I can recognise a bit of effort, and honest endeavour when I see it.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »

Carroll won headers and flicked them on to nobody. If nobody from your team is running in behind why are you flicking headers on? To say he got close to Pirlo at any point is fantasy. Then at the end he let a defender shoot at goal instead of stepping up himself. Great contribution. That said not one of our attacking players showed anything of note. Young and Rooney were terrible. 
Are you so stupid that you genuinely think penalty takers choose themselves? Even at under 13s football you choose via actually taking penalties, not, who fancies a crack. Don't mean to be rude but seen people say it so much and its joke tilting.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

Although Rooney was really very poor (I would've scored the overhead opportunity as I practice them a lot and have great muscle memory) I did think the overall set up didn't help him. Always allowed the Italians to hunt him in packs as there was no one else up there to occupy them.

AndrewT's point about Pirlo's pen was spot on - the gig was up when he put that away with such nonchalance.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »

Are you so stupid that you genuinely think penalty takers choose themselves? Even at under 13s football you choose via actually taking penalties, not, who fancies a crack. Don't mean to be rude but seen people say it so much and its joke tilting.

Sorry for being stupid. If a £35m striker is very keen to take a penalty and very confident he will score why is the manager saying he would prefer a left back to take it instead?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

Do people say the back 4 played well because they kept a clean sheet over the 120 Minutes?
Italy hit the post 3 times, had a Goal chopped off(rightly) and had at least 5 one on ones with Hart.
On another Day Italy could have scored 3 or 4 easily.

Agree with this. We parked the bus every game. Awful tactics imo. Not that we'd be good enough with the right tactics but still...
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

I would prefer for Caroll not to take a penalty - far too tall - shame that Ashley missed (as in Cole) never really liked him but thought he came across well and also played well, as did all the defence
so hard to decide who takes pentalties - 120 minutes - mentally and physically done, can't be repliacted - perhaps the Germans are so good at them as they don't have the pressure from the press
One time for Hart to just stay still and just boot out Pirols penalty would have been class
This one did not hurt as much as the other - 90, 96 probably the worst and 98 - win one of those and we are the Champs
England please win in my lifetime, please (where is Euro 2016?)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »

Next one is in France.

This one definitely hurt the least.
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

St Dennis
Very easy to get too
I could be home in Watford for brekie on Monday
Come on England
Don't think we have a chance in Brazil (or any other Euro side probs) but France yes
96 hurts the most - golden goals and that disallowed goal in ET - wow that was like the biggest puke ever for about 3 seconds
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »

Sorry for being stupid. If a £35m striker is very keen to take a penalty and very confident he will score why is the manager saying he would prefer a left back to take it instead?

Do we know if he was to take the 5th pen?
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »

Do we know if he was to take the 5th pen?

Johnson was down for 5th.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »

The left back had better success in training, actually taking penalties, instead of just "feeling keen". Also, bringing in his price tag is another joke that comes with Carrol. Everyone in the world agrees they overpaid. Also, worst possible example, as Cashley may be the only truly world class player in the team, he'd get into all the teams at the euros for sure, he would probably be valued higher if we could compare age/ wasn't at the richest club in the world at his peak.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2012, 01:04:28 AM »

The left back had better success in training, actually taking penalties, instead of just "feeling keen". Also, bringing in his price tag is another joke that comes with Carrol. Everyone in the world agrees they overpaid. Also, worst possible example, as Cashley may be the only truly world class player in the team, he'd get into all the teams at the euros for sure, he would probably be valued higher if we could compare age/ wasn't at the richest club in the world at his peak.

So in training both full backs had better success scoring from 12 yards than AC? Pretty embarrassing for AC imo. Agree Ashley Cole is world class during a game but penalties is just a single shot at goal and I consider him very average at that. In major championships I would prefer our penalties to be taken by strikers paid to put the ball in the net rather than defenders from now on pls. In France 98 we played the Argies in a pulsating game. At the most critical point in the penalty shootout I remember seeing David Batty walk forwards. I could not physically believe my eyes.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 26, 2012, 01:08:08 AM »

Jamie Carragher was brought on at the end of extra time in one game because he was one of the best penalty takers in the squad

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 26, 2012, 01:09:17 AM »

Jamie Carragher was brought on at the end of extra time in one game because he was one of the best penalty takers in the squad

Gareth Southgate was good too.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 26, 2012, 01:53:51 AM »

So in training both full backs had better success scoring from 12 yards than AC? Pretty embarrassing for AC imo. Agree Ashley Cole is world class during a game but penalties is just a single shot at goal and I consider him very average at that. In major championships I would prefer our penalties to be taken by strikers paid to put the ball in the net rather than defenders from now on pls. In France 98 we played the Argies in a pulsating game. At the most critical point in the penalty shootout I remember seeing David Batty walk forwards. I could not physically believe my eyes.
So would I. But at the end of the day, there is clearly a reason why he stepped up instead. I remember a lot of the argie game. Had to beg my mum to let me stay up when if i asked my dad he'd have snapped said yes. Ended up crying having watched Beckham, my hero, get sent off. Lol at David Batty.

Sorry for using the word stupid, its been a bad day, i was aware it was wrong to say, but couldn't express it any other way.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: