blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272952 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 45820 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »

TBF, i've always lolled at him being put in the world class bracket with players like Messi, Ronaldo, Parlour etc
[/quote]

Yeh Clearly Messi and Ronaldo are in a bracket of their own but Rooney is easily the best player we have
[/quote]

Notionally, I guess he is. I just question how much he improves this team. The spectre of him bumbling around in South Africa is so seared into my memory I'm probably not a fair judge.

I also think we played marginally better in the 2 previous games, against better opposition, without him

sola virtus nobilitat
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »

Lol Ashley Cole and joe hart both way better than Rooney both in importance and rank bs other players who play in a similar position.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »

Pretty much the worst England team of my lifetime.

Got to love Roy Hodgson though.

My memory is shocking these days too.  Glad I am not alone.

Going to have to dredge up some of those Graham Taylor teams.  Who are we throwing out when we put Carlton Palmer in?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »

surely not keith!

"you have to experiment"

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:52 PM »

and for that matter

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »

TBF, i've always lolled at him being put in the world class bracket with players like Messi, Ronaldo, Parlour etc

Yeh Clearly Messi and Ronaldo are in a bracket of their own but Rooney is easily the best player we have
[/quote]

Notionally, I guess he is. I just question how much he improves this team. The spectre of him bumbling around in South Africa is so seared into my memory I'm probably not a fair judge.

I also think we played marginally better in the 2 previous games, against better opposition, without him
[/quote]

I agree.  I prefer the shape of the team with Carroll and Welbeck.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2012, 12:33:25 AM »

[/quote]

I agree.  I prefer the shape of the team with Carroll and Welbeck.
[/quote]

Carrol and rooner surely. in 3 games wellbeck has done one good thing. The wife will now reply 'Load of shite' whenever i say wellbeck to her, bless her.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:49:58 AM by ACE2M » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2012, 12:44:24 AM »

I found the attention towards Rooney prior to the game annoying. Our forward play seemed decent enough to me, and produced 3 goals in the last game. 4/6 points seemed ok too. So why are we hyping Rooney as some kind of saviour? Did we need one? Well, in that position at least?

Wasn't too impressed by him today. Yeah, he got the goal. So would anyone else in that position. And speaking of being in position I felt he should have had one earlier with the position he was in. Didn't feel he did much else.

Wasn't the best performance I've seen by England. And they clearly should of had a goal. But can't complain!

Blue text
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2012, 01:26:06 AM »

Rooney hasn't played a proper match in weeks so was likely to be off the pace in this one. Expectations for some kinda instant impact were unreasonable. Even so he was in the right place for the goal like all class strikers and will improve for the game. He is our boss player and has to be the main man up front in the Italy game. Suggestions we bench Rooney or play him wide are scandalous. Italy look tired and vulnerable to pace so Walcott/Ox wide with Young feeding Rooney is dangerous attack combo built on solid foundation. Think quick counter attacking football is better vs Italy than Wimbledon style with Carroll. Either way we need to be brave enough to have a go. Time to let your hair down Roy.

If we had video technology that Ukraine goal stands, but it was offside...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »

Actually quite impressed with Carroll on the whole. Him and Rooney for me.

Not enamoured with Welbeck.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »

I am no expet but think Milner and PArker are way out of their depth. At least there is the wow factor with Walcott and the Ox everytime they get the ball.

I love to watch sides knocking it about when going forward but with England you know if they string 5 or 6 passes together then Hart ends up with it.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »

Milner is never going to set the pulses racing, but he has to start to protect Johnson who is suspect positionally as we know

He has had the most crosses of any England player in the first three games. Of mixed quality, yes, but that defensive protection is the most important thing

Theo and the Ox are wonderful to have off the bench, especially if you are chasing a game, but for 90 minutes in front of Johnson..perhaps not at this stae of their careers

Parker, who are you going to play as the Holding Midfielder in this squad if you don't pick him? A must start.

Yes of course the inability to keep possession will cost us if not against Italy then further on, but that's going to take a generation to fix...Hodgson has to work round that

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »

Milner is never going to set the pulses racing, but he has to start to protect Johnson who is suspect positionally as we know

He has had the most crosses of any England player in the first three games. Of mixed quality, yes, but that defensive protection is the most important thing

Theo and the Ox are wonderful to have off the bench, especially if you are chasing a game, but for 90 minutes in front of Johnson..perhaps not at this stae of their careers

Parker, who are you going to play as the Holding Midfielder in this squad if you don't pick him? A must start.

Yes of course the inability to keep possession will cost us if not against Italy then further on, but that's going to take a generation to fix...Hodgson has to work round that
Fair points mate. So they would be in your starting line up too.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »

Playing a non first choice right sided midfielder to cover off a poor righ tback is terrible selection criteria!

Play a solid right back and free up a more attacking spot IMO.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

Milner and Parker don't do much for me, but I understand why they are picked

Especially in this squad shorn of so many alternatives by injury

Yes I far prefer watching the flair players, but in these major comps you try not to lose games in the first sixty minutes

Even more so now when we face extra time/penalties etc most likely in a game or two starting tomorrow night

Substitutions etc going to be very important

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: