blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:53:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272774 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 45215 times)
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »

we didnt give him the balls, parker passed it left/right/back sand was 70 yards away from him. He definitely did run alot vs France though.

Tracked back good as well vs Ukraine I thought.

Really don't think he gives away the ball either so found some stats. Not got a clue how reliable they are!

The highest pass accuracy in the final third is still Danny Welbeck’s 94%. A very impressive accuracy and he continues to keep the ball well up top and not give it away cheaply.

Quote taken from here http://www.eplindex.com/15792/england-player-stats-accumulated-euro-2012-opta-stats.html
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »

There's a difference between holding the ball up well and passing accuracy.

Running into opposition players and losing the ball, or losing it before you have chance to pass it won't affect your passing accuracy stats will it?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

And this is why statistics can be misleading.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

A little known fact about me is that I have 2 identical brothers.

We are all pretty excited about the England match already.

Click to see full-size image.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »

hahaha, brilliant

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »

Steve Gerard, have to eat my words, very good tonight. Good post match interview too.

He was led to glorify Rooney's amaze contribution and unbelieveable impact now he was back in the team with 'Sum up Wayne Rooney's goal for us'

'Tap in'

WP Gerard

Rooney, less than average. Can't really see what he contributes ahead of someone like Andy Carroll.

Didn't make a chance for himself, didn't make a chance for anyone else. Didn't beat a man. Didn't hold the ball up well. Didn't bring other players in to the game. Joke header with our best chance of the game other than the goal..Still so massively over rated. But am glad he tapped one in

Yeh if you base his whole career on today he is over rated.

Clearly Carroll Rooney>>> Rooney Welbeck

TBF, i've always lolled at him being put in the world class bracket with players like Messi, Ronaldo, Parlour etc

Haha how did I miss this pearler?
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »

Adam Johnson would definitely be there if he'd been a regular at the end of the season, hope he leaves City this Summer, preferably to us.

The biggest waste of talent England has. He needs to play every week.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »

I laughed very much.  wp

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »

Italy have excellent central midfielders. We'll struggle to keep the ball, even more so than when we played France. We have to play Carroll imho. I would also opt for Theo or Ox on one of the wings. Probably Ox on the left as Milner crossing to Carroll makes the most sense.

Weirdly it actually would make a lot of sense to play Downing however I'm not sure I could actually watch a game with both Downing and Milner on the flanks. FML.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »

Millidonk, that is brilliant.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:46 AM »

Poor missus, its her bday today and I'm far too excited about the match. Praying its not a 0-0 bore draw just for us too lose on penos.

Me and my brothers are getting on the stellas shortly. C'mon England.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »

LOL @ picture. Made my morning.

Have we got a chance today? I think overall we are the better team.

Everyone looks at this game and thinks it's going to be a bore draw and I see no reason to disagree, but I just have a feeling that today is going to see plenty of goals.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2012, 07:51:14 AM »

I actually quite fancy our chances. Would love to see us win a 3-2 thriller or pump then 4-0 but can't really see it happening tbh. Think Chamberlain and Walcott would have to start and Rooney would have to be on top form for anything like that to happen. Anyways just getting there is all that matters.
Let's dooooo eeeeeet!

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »

I would much prefer to lose on penalties than get spanked.

I think it will be a narrow loss. We'll play pretty similar and concede possession and territory.

The new England. Not expecting but hoping.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »

Poor missus, its her bday today and I'm far too excited about the match. Praying its not a 0-0 bore draw just for us too lose on penos.

Me and my brothers are getting on the stellas shortly. C'mon England.
Always happy to help out a mate I can be a stunt cock if you need mate. It's floating cardboard week up here in Scunny so am looking for some spare. (will be in Lincoln in half an hour )

As far as the footy goes these Euro's have been a bit weird. In my youthful 42 years never has expectation been so low for an England team. I  not sure if the loss of enthusiasm is down to past results but I have watched every game at home instead of in the pub with mates. With this squad and manager that no one actually seemed to want, I think winning the group is an excellent result and anything else is just gravey. Plenty of people thought we may not even make it out of the group and are know giving us a 50/50 shot against a mediocre French side. I for one will take any sort of win, on penalty's, a fluke goal, hand of god from rooney or god forbid the worst case scenario that the cockend Terry actually turns out to become England's saviour. We ain't got a chance against the Germans or Spanish so no ones right bothered ATM but if a team of Greek under dogs can win this thing then why can't we. But don't go telling everyone coz we don't wanna ruin it by getting our hopes up.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: