blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Main Event Hand
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Main Event Hand  (Read 6903 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »

flatting the 3b >>>>>> 4b/folding... all streets played well imo... im deffinatly bet/folding the river
shedboymuff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 12:06:12 AM »

flatting the 3b >>>>>> 4b/folding... all streets played well imo... im deffinatly bet/folding the river

this seems resonable!

@shedboymuff
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:39 AM »

Hey guys

What our flatting range pre and if he makes it 1200 what's our flattog range?

Hey!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »

Hey guys

Hello Patrick.

This question is fun, because in actual fact I personally would be AT LEAST calling preflop here so close to 100% of the time it's unreal - I would be opening really tight (which I was) however I'm >25, was wearing a bright orange hoody and have quite a small amount of pretty inconsistent facial hair so our PF 3-better would by NO MEANS think this was the case. 

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »

Still not sure about this hand lol, lots of people having some very different opinions, which is always pretty interesting.

Pre-Flop....

Everyone who has said 4bet/fold and has given a reason has made a lot of sense. Isolate HU (very awkward visibility 5way OOP) maybe even take it down PF a bit which is always a win (speahly given 3 dead calls in there) easy fold to the 5bet. All really good reasons.

Then the just calling camp, 5way pot with a super nutty hand, we're unlikely to make too many mistakes post-flop (will be lots of easy decisions) lower variance with my slightly damaged stack in level 1 of the worlds lonngggggest tournament - the risk of AK 5betting us, the risk of one of the 3 good players (2 of whom are VERY good) having flatted a premium hand, saves the horrible, means I don't have to start bluffing people off over-pairs which is pretty high V in this tourney.

I asked Middy and he said "I would 4bet/fold AKo and just flat AKs" - I think my thought process at the time was that I was just a bit conffused by the size of the squeeze, so took a cautious approach.

Flop...

chk/fold has been championed by a few people, I like it, can see it very possibly being the best line, but I'm just not 100% convinced.It's the main event, people can always be up to sillyness and  don't think your average (admittedly this guy was playing well) main event player will be going off 3street bombing light in level 1 so i feel like we'll be getting a  decent feel for him no the turn. Vs prolly just sick range/not closing the action/stack sizes and so on though folding defo has a lot going for it.

River...

lots of people have called for a bet/fold. Would really like to persue this a little further cos I personally think betting the river is really bad. I would love to be convinced otherwise though because in game I knew I'd LOVE to be able to bet because I know if he bets I'm in an absolute coffin (as was proven to be the case) my main problem with betting is just the simplest things, I have exactly the hand from a super strong range it looks like I have, can barely think of any hands I can bet for value against (he should never have AJ, and the guy in the middle should pretty much never have an ACE (hoffific if he does), any Qx beats me and I think it's still REALLY possible for me to be beaten (obv loving it when the turn checks through, but middle guy have very feasibly have Xs and the 3better can DEFO have checked the turn back with AA and QQ. Also have a pretty nasty stack size (1.2x pot)

Results of the hand : I folded.

Don't know what to think about it either. Felt decent at the time then started to really feel like we had the same hand after some small amount of probing I did Cheesy

Looking forward to seeing some replies!

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

At the time I thought betting the river would be horrible, quite a few people wanna bet but I just cant find any merit in it, anyone have any decent pro's for river b/f?

I know this is going off tangent a bit, but after the hand I got to thinking, what would I have done on an ACE river Cheesy

we cant be bluffed, we set our showdown price, we extract from some heros and the odd random AXs squeeze that likely checks back.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

At the time I thought betting the river would be horrible, quite a few people wanna bet but I just cant find any merit in it, anyone have any decent pro's for river b/f?

I know this is going off tangent a bit, but after the hand I got to thinking, what would I have done on an ACE river Cheesy

we cant be bluffed, we set our showdown price, we extract from some heros and the odd random AXs squeeze that likely checks back.

I disagree that anyone in this hand can or will reasonably expect either of the other players to be bluffing enough on this board run to hero worse

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

Hey guys

Hey!

i was told I was always thinking I was right in PHA posts so tried to quickly change my tone lol

but hey karl

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »

Pretty unique scenario but oop 5 ways with 2 v good players inbetween i think i prefer 4betting than flatting. When you come out betting or c/r 5 way i can't see ppl making many mistakes IP in multiway pots. Not only this but im not giving the btn much credit with his sizing and 3 balling the btn.

@whollyflush on twitter
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »

wug on flop donk?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »

wug on flop donk?

My argument is just that we are never going to be able to extract much value oop vs good players when we flop the nuts or a big draw. Even if we elect to play it in a passive manner, its not like sum1 is going to take off 5 ways bluffing.

@whollyflush on twitter
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »

Hey guys

Hello Patrick.

This question is fun, because in actual fact I personally would be AT LEAST calling preflop here so close to 100% of the time it's unreal - I would be opening really tight (which I was) however I'm >25, was wearing a bright orange hoody and have quite a small amount of pretty inconsistent facial hair so our PF 3-better would by NO MEANS think this was the case. 

absolute gold
Crotale

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »

I'd bet and call the river myself, but I'm a fish so yeah.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »

Those saying check fold on flop: why!?

I 4 bet pre for sure and fold to the 5 bet. Although flatting has merits and is fine.
34sooted5betshove

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »

yer thats mad

i agree
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: