blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:33:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Shove/Fold FT spot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shove/Fold FT spot  (Read 2653 times)
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »

payouts?

I folded and was fairly happy about it but when smokrokflock says its a def shove I have to consider it...

reasons?

Yeah wish I could answer that.../sigh

Ok... Finally got to talk to him about it just now and he didn't realise it was an ft hand...lol

We both ran it through an ICM calc and he came up with 88+ and I came up with JJ+

Ingame I shove wider than that so was deffo good to check that side out as it was even more of an icm fuck than I thought it was...
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »

payouts?

I folded and was fairly happy about it but when smokrokflock says its a def shove I have to consider it...

reasons?

Ok... Finally got to talk to him about it just now and he didn't realise it was an ft hand...lol

We both ran it through an ICM calc and he came up with 88+ and I came up with JJ+

Ingame I shove wider than that so was deffo good to check that side out as it was even more of an icm fuck than I thought it was...

wow I really hate ICM. Needed the payouts to run it.

Either way, fold if you're playing to ladder, jam to win imo.

You get people to fold hands that are beating you 33-77 snap folds, 88 tanks- obv depends on image byt generally how loose are they going to call at FT for all the same reasons that ICM tells you to jam so tight: 99+  AKo AQs???

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »

payouts?

reasons?

jeez, JJ+ seems mental tight. fucking ICM

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »

payouts?

reasons?

You get people to fold hands that are beating you 33-77 snap folds, 88 tanks- obv depends on image byt generally how loose are they going to call at FT for all the same reasons that ICM tells you to jam so tight: 99+  AKo AQs???

ICM is there for a reason, jamming 22 is a disaster icm wise here, going for the win or not. These mistakes cost the most out of any situation.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »

payouts?

reasons?

ICM is there for a reason, jamming 22 is a disaster icm wise here, going for the win or not. These mistakes cost the most out of any situation.

So we have 12bb 8 handed. At what point is jamming ok, 10bb? 8bb? 7bb?

I don't think there is anything wrong with folding but bear in mind you're on 10bb after blinds have gone through, you have no FE on a re-steal and you will be desperate to see a pair then. You can't just jam any 2 OTB because it's unlikely to fold to you, but you might get a chance to jam wide from LP.

Advantage - less people to get through
Disadvantage - liable to be shoving something that could well be dominated.

At least that would give yio 27-30% instead of 20% I guess in that spot.I suppose in theory you could get a genuine hand but I am jaded and haven't luckboxxed good hands at the optimum time such as this for a long time!
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »

foooooooooooooooold!

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:53 AM »

fold and its not that close imo
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »

Who is Smokrokflock anyway? Sounds like some chancer to me

I really need to open ICM calcs some more based on this
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »

Elio Fox. Won WSOPE main event last year beating Moorman heads up. Confirmed absolute sicko.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

Elio Fox. Won WSOPE main event last year beating Moorman heads up. Confirmed absolute sicko.

Ye, abs chancer
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:15 AM »

Hahaha

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »

oh the levels this guy is on

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »

so, what is the cutoff for BB that we jam 22 UTG 8 handed?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »

About 1.8ish

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: