blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:16:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  HAVING change in tournament poker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HAVING change in tournament poker  (Read 8817 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

Agree more change from outset. When Ryan (dtd) goes for my stack later on in a torn, i threaten him with no tip if I cash. Unfortunately didnt follow throught last time tho..

Ooh. That's a good idea!

Blue text
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »

plus if you get off to a good start in a tournament it's fun to build castles!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 08:11:10 AM »

plus if you get off to a good start in a tournament it's fun to build castles!

PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 10:54:35 AM »

A big stack should look and feel big as opposed to looking like you might have half a dozen more chips than the rest of the table imo
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »

BUMP.

Thread needs more love.
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »

BUMP.

Thread needs more love.

Indeed. Playing the £150 was a joke after the yellows were chipped up (seems they shrunk every stack by 1/2). Almost every hand someone had to swap with someone for 100's or 1000's. Really think dusk should cut some slack and let us have chips to play with. That and the dirt on the chips are my only gripes. O, and the way im running on cash.  bad beat yawn
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 01:26:30 PM »

GET ROB ITT.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »

BUMP.

Thread needs more love.

Indeed. Playing the £150 was a joke after the yellows were chipped up (seems they shrunk every stack by 1/2). Almost every hand someone had to swap with someone for 100's or 1000's.

This.

Totally understood when they were running the 3-day £500, the 2-day £150, the £100 freeze and the 1-day £150 all at once, there might not tangibly be enough chips in the building.

Saturday was a little silly though. Agree we need Rob/Nick/Simon itt. Love Dusk, love the cash games, love the tournaments they offer and the structures they use. Why ruin it by using so few chips? And this isn't a dig at the new dealers either (I've been there, I know what it's like) but sometimes in high pressure situations they get change wrong, which adds up to a lot of mistakes over the huge amount of times they need to make change in a pot.

Bumped this thread while I was playing the £150 and was getting too much second hand embarrasment witnessing the farce of chip-changing.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.  dont river me
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »

Played at Grosvenor last night. Start you with 4x25 and 4x100. Absolute nightmare. Especially when the antes kicked in.

Blue text
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 06:10:20 PM »

I played the 150 and had loads of chips and it was really fun. Then they chipped me up and I was out in 20 minutes.

I'm not saying it was 100% because of being chipped up, but you get my point....

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

BUMP.

Thread needs more love.

Indeed. Playing the £150 was a joke after the yellows were chipped up (seems they shrunk every stack by 1/2). Almost every hand someone had to swap with someone for 100's or 1000's.

This.

Totally understood when they were running the 3-day £500, the 2-day £150, the £100 freeze and the 1-day £150 all at once, there might not tangibly be enough chips in the building.

Saturday was a little silly though. Agree we need Rob/Nick/Simon itt. Love Dusk, love the cash games, love the tournaments they offer and the structures they use. Why ruin it by using so few chips? And this isn't a dig at the new dealers either (I've been there, I know what it's like) but sometimes in high pressure situations they get change wrong, which adds up to a lot of mistakes over the huge amount of times they need to make change in a pot.

Bumped this thread while I was playing the £150 and was getting too much second hand embarrasment witnessing the farce of chip-changing.

I know that society as a whole is less tolerant these days, poker players more so, but "ruin it"?

Blimey. What cosseted lives we lead these days!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »

BUMP.

Thread needs more love.

This.

I know that society as a whole is less tolerant these days, poker players more so, but "ruin it"?

Blimey. What cosseted lives we lead these days!

If you offered me two identical tournaments, one where they don't chip up and one where they do i'd go out of my way to play the one where they don't.

It perhaps doesn't "ruin" a tournament, but it's a major turn off for me when my stack gets attacked in that way.

Blue text
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »

Tbh although I agree with most of the points, I think dealer mistakes would go UP with more change. It takes the new ones quite a long time to count stacks as it is. They struggle with stacking in 20s, and counting the smaller denominations. I was taught to put things in stacks of 20s and count like that, but the news ones seem to do very strange methods (e.g. putting the 100 chips in 10s and the 25s in ) and it takes ages, they get flustered, knock stacks over etc, it all takes a lot of time.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »

Tbh although I agree with most of the points, I think dealer mistakes would go UP with more change. It takes the new ones quite a long time to count stacks as it is. They struggle with stacking in 20s, and counting the smaller denominations. I was taught to put things in stacks of 20s and count like that, but the news ones seem to do very strange methods (e.g. putting the 100 chips in 10s and the 25s in ) and it takes ages, they get flustered, knock stacks over etc, it all takes a lot of time.

I guess with more change put there players will do more swaps, alleviating the pressure from dealers etc

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »

Helps alot with multi way all ins aswel.
Easier to do side pots with change.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: