blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The True Rastafish Story - No Frills
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The True Rastafish Story - No Frills  (Read 65206 times)
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »

Hi Rastafish, I just wanted to say I've found this diary really interesting and unique from most normal poker journals. I played on your table a DTD deepstack at the end of last year and can vouch for the fact you bring a lot of personality to the table. I hope your good run continues, and don't change how you are!

Thank you brother, come say hello next time you're at DTD

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

http://www.facebook.com/colburn.tomlin

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »

“If you want to live on you got to live right” Dennis Brown

It was around 11pm, the M1 was foggy but I knew I had to get down to the sky studios in London, I had my music on mellow and driving calmly, I wasn’t in a rush and no desire to get to the hotel at a decent hour, the music was sending me into an almost trance like state.  I’ve been driving on the M1 since the early 80’s and know the road like the back of my hand.  I love driving always have done and I’ve had my fair share of cars, from Ford Capris to BMW’s I’ve owned or driven them all, I’d go as far to say it’s a passion of mine.

Earlier on in the day I’d been getting ready for the Sky Poker cash game, I’d collected my clothes from the dry cleaners, I’d been to the barbers for a shave and hair cut, dropped into Hot and Spicey for some peanut porridge and meditated for a couple of hours, I was feeling refreshed and good.

Back on the M1, I was going past the Colville junction, it was dark and I felt almost cozy in my warm car with my music, my thoughts and the open road, as the road cleared in front of me so that I could see another 100 meters, I saw a car wedged into the center bollards, I was in the 3rd lane I had no time to stop, no time for an emergency brake, I collided with the car at around 60mph BANG!! My car started spinning!! I’m a spiritual man so I started praying, I prayed that all the people around me stayed safe, I prayed that the person in the car would go unharmed, I prayed that my family would live good and healthy lives and thought I did not want to go out like this! I didn’t ask for anything else but when my car finally stopped I realized that I wasn’t hurt.

I’m a spiritual Rastafarian, my first job when I got out of the car was to check on the other car and see if there was anyone in there, I walked over and saw the car was empty I got to the side of the road still in shock and saw the person that I hit standing on the side of the road, I went over to check on him, by this time many cars had stopped and people were surrounding me and asking me if I was okay.  I don’t know whether it was the shock or just pure adrenaline that kept me standing. 

I was alive that’s all that mattered, I called a friend of mine in Nottingham and told her what had happened, she came and picked me up, my car was a complete right off, she wanted to take me to the hospital but I insisted that I’d be okay, just take me to my hotel. 

Life’s funny, in the moment you think it’s over it’s not yourself that you think about, you think about everyone around but yourself.  In the face of death I felt like Zion was calling me, I’d be going to a better place, a place where god roams and there is no war, corruption or greed a place where all men and women are equal and not judged by looks, money or position

I’ve lived for 56 years, during this time I’ve been to many funerals, weddings and christenings, I understand that even when I go life will still carry on for everyone and the only thing that will connect me to this world will be my memory. 
So the question is “How do I want to be remembered?”

A man can have all the money in the world, but when he's gone the only thing that is left is his memory and legacy, so I say to all those people reading this blog, live good, live healthy and live right.
So I’ll leave you with a song by Dennis Brown called Let love in

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

I Kill Dem!!!
Discostu

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »

Nice read! Makes you realise how every day should be enjoyed. Glad you re okay.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »

It was around 11pm, the M1 was foggy but I knew I had to get down to the sky studios in London, I had my music on mellow and driving calmly, I wasn’t in a rush and no desire to get to the hotel at a decent hour, the music was sending me into an almost trance like state.  I’ve been driving on the M1 since the early 80’s and know the road like the back of my hand.  I love driving always have done and I’ve had my fair share of cars, from Ford Capris to BMW’s I’ve owned or driven them all, I’d go as far to say it’s a passion of mine.

Earlier on in the day I’d been getting ready for the Sky Poker cash game, I’d collected my clothes from the dry cleaners, I’d been to the barbers for a shave and hair cut, dropped into Hot and Spicey for some peanut porridge and meditated for a couple of hours, I was feeling refreshed and good.

Back on the M1, I was going past the Colville junction, it was dark and I felt almost cozy in my warm car with my music, my thoughts and the open road, as the road cleared in front of me so that I could see another 100 meters, I saw a car wedged into the center bollards, I was in the 3rd lane I had no time to stop, no time for an emergency brake, I collided with the car at around 60mph BANG!! My car started spinning!! I’m a spiritual man so I started praying, I prayed that all the people around me stayed safe, I prayed that the person in the car would go unharmed, I prayed that my family would live good and healthy lives and thought I did not want to go out like this! I didn’t ask for anything else but when my car finally stopped I realized that I wasn’t hurt.

I’m a spiritual Rastafarian, my first job when I got out of the car was to check on the other car and see if there was anyone in there, I walked over and saw the car was empty I got to the side of the road still in shock and saw the person that I hit standing on the side of the road, I went over to check on him, by this time many cars had stopped and people were surrounding me and asking me if I was okay.  I don’t know whether it was the shock or just pure adrenaline that kept me standing. 

I was alive that’s all that mattered, I called a friend of mine in Nottingham and told her what had happened, she came and picked me up, my car was a complete right off, she wanted to take me to the hospital but I insisted that I’d be okay, just take me to my hotel. 

Life’s funny, in the moment you think it’s over it’s not yourself that you think about, you think about everyone around but yourself.  In the face of death I felt like Zion was calling me, I’d be going to a better place, a place where god roams and there is no war, corruption or greed a place where all men and women are equal and not judged by looks, money or position

I’ve lived for 56 years, during this time I’ve been to many funerals, weddings and christenings, I understand that even when I go life will still carry on for everyone and the only thing that will connect me to this world will be my memory. 

A man can have all the money in the world, but when he's gone the only thing that is left is his memory and legacy, so I say to all those people reading this blog, live good, live healthy and live right.

I love this post Cheesy

Glad you were okay, and the person in the other car.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »

Glad you're ok Fish.

A very similar thing happened to me a few years ago but luckily I managed to avoid the sideways car.

Definitely one of my scariest motorway experiences and got me thinking about what might have happened had I been going any faster.

Life's definitely there to be lived.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2013, 05:24:45 PM »

Nice read! Makes you realise how every day should be enjoyed. Glad you re okay.

Thank you brother

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »

[/quote]

I love this post Cheesy

Glad you were okay, and the person in the other car.
[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it, I will update again next week. Much love

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »

Glad you're ok Fish.

A very similar thing happened to me a few years ago but luckily I managed to avoid the sideways car.

Definitely one of my scariest motorway experiences and got me thinking about what might have happened had I been going any faster.

Life's definitely there to be lived.

I agree, Much love brother

I Kill Dem!!!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »

Great ending paragraph there. Awesome write up.

Happy everyone was OK.
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2013, 05:44:57 PM »

[/quote]

Great ending paragraph there. Awesome write up.

Happy everyone was OK.
[/quote]

Thank you Anthony, see you soon brother

I Kill Dem!!!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »

Really glad you got through this unscathed and no casualties anywhere.

Apart from any other reason I owe you a losing flip in a tourney sometime Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Glad you're OK fella.  Does make you rethink things, and those 'bad-beats' don't seem so important either.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »

some diary this like.

keep it up! Smiley
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2013, 03:50:03 AM »

where abouts in London were you schooled?

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2013, 02:30:23 PM »

enjoy your weekend at Wembley  Mate

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: