blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 488364 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: July 29, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »

Abs no idea what is gonna happen here

Both average 110 and put on an all time classic.  Fingers crossed.  #wearestoke!

Totally different game, atmosphere a million times better.

#whereisstoke

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: July 29, 2017, 09:37:31 PM »

Jetlag from vegas/China def had an effect imo on some of the bigger names.  This should be a stand alone major with no such distraction directly beforehand.  It is the second major and needs to be given the credit scheduling wise it deserves.  When the number 2 seed announces he hasn't practiced for a week beforehand because of the travel previously it isn't good news.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: July 29, 2017, 09:48:38 PM »

Agree. The series are cool and a good spectacle but they don't really matter in the grand scheme.

The u180s pick for this doesn't look like my finest moment

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: July 29, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »

MVG's missus given birth yet?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: July 29, 2017, 10:35:34 PM »

Hey the u180s came in I wrote it off 30 minutes ago wasn't even railing it

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: July 29, 2017, 10:45:55 PM »

Hey the u180s came in I wrote it off 30 minutes ago wasn't even railing it

Skill game.  Taylor very impressive tonight.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: July 31, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »

So the power proves yet again why he is the greatest sportsman in English sporting history.  A tougher draw was pretty impossible on route to his 16th World Matchplay title.  He smashed Price, Barney, MVG, Jackpot and Snakebite on route.  Definitely was assisted by the jet lag/travelling suffered by some of the others in China/Vegas in the preceding weeks but his performances/averages are hard to argue with.  Back up to 4 in the world just ahead of Lewis in the rankings.  Phil has virtually no money to defend either in the remaining big two events this year from 2015/16 (Grand prix and Worlds).  He lost in the first round in the grand prix in 2015 and 3rd round of the worlds in 2015/16 so every reason to think he will stay ranked 4 for this years worlds.

https://www.pdc.tv/pdc-order-of-merit

Conversely looking ahead Thornton is about to fall into the abyss when his £100k from the 2015 grand prix falls off the money list in a couple of months and he will be struggling to stay in the top 32 and his top level career is effectively over.  Suljuvic and Mark Webster both have £23.5k to defend in Ireland from 2105 semi spots.

The other player with big pressure to defend money in the next 6 months is Klassen who has £85k to defend from the 2015 GP and 2015/16 worlds (semi final finish for £70k) combined.  A poor/average finish in both events this year could easily see Klassen slipping out of the 16 after the worlds.

Maybe Wade might still squeeze into the Premier league next year after all. 
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: July 31, 2017, 12:48:48 PM »

Looks like gg for Thornton. No form at all for the best part of two years now, I suspect once he drops out of the top 32 he will be done. Klaasen badly out of sorts as well since his wrist surgery. Not ideal when you are defending a lot of $$.

It was some performance by Phil to get the win with that draw. His finishing which has been ropey for years was back to his vintage best.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: July 31, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »

Looks like gg for Thornton. No form at all for the best part of two years now, I suspect once he drops out of the top 32 he will be done. Klaasen badly out of sorts as well since his wrist surgery. Not ideal when you are defending a lot of $$.

It was some performance by Phil to get the win with that draw. His finishing which has been ropey for years was back to his vintage best.

Correct.  As an aside to slumps down the rankings i know Wes Newton was suffering from a shoulder injury but has he actually retired now?  He is down in the 60's in the rankings and unsighted on TV for the last 18 months since the 2016 worlds.  Incredible slump from the Premier League to this in a matter of years.  Just another case of the PL destroying a player's confidence and knowing they don't belong at the very top table?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:48:05 PM by arbboy » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: July 31, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »

Still playing but hasn't been beyond the last 32 of any Pro Tour event since March last year. He will lose his tour card at the end of the year. I think it was the combination of the injury combined with his confidence getting shot to pieces that have effectively ended his career before his 40th birthday. It can't be easy going back to the daily grind for the likes of him.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: July 31, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »

Still playing but hasn't been beyond the last 32 of any Pro Tour event since March last year. He will lose his tour card at the end of the year. I think it was the combination of the injury combined with his confidence getting shot to pieces that have effectively ended his career before his 40th birthday. It can't be easy going back to the daily grind for the likes of him.

Jesus that's even worse then that just being injured the fact he is fit and still playing and can't even operate at that level and get some results. 
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: July 31, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »

Jesus that's even worse then that just being injured the fact he is fit and still playing and can't even operate at that level and get some results. 

He's earnt £4750 so far this year. Take off entry fees and expenses and he's in a hole. I dare say his sponsors will have long since ditched him as well.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: July 31, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »

He's earnt £4750 so far this year. Take off entry fees and expenses and he's in a hole. I dare say his sponsors will have long since ditched him as well.

I was reading his twitter page and unicorn made a statement wishing him well in the future earlier this year so they must have dropped him. He must have been earning £250k a year all in during 2013/14/15 you would imagine.  Some change in lifestyle for sure.  Can't imagine his phone is ringing constantly for exhibitions either.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:55:05 PM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: July 31, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »

I was reading his twitter page and unicorn made a statement wishing him well in the future earlier this year so they must have dropped him. He must have been earning £250k a year all in during 2013/14/15 you would imagine.  Some change in lifestyle for sure.  Can't imagine his phone is ringing constantly for exhibitions either.

Quite sad to hear really, surely someone who has been at that level and is still relatively young should get someone like Elliot Rowe in. Could easily get another decade or more of a decent living. No nothing of his personal circumstances obviously.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: July 31, 2017, 07:53:58 PM »

I was reading his twitter page and unicorn made a statement wishing him well in the future earlier this year so they must have dropped him. He must have been earning £250k a year all in during 2013/14/15 you would imagine.  Some change in lifestyle for sure.  Can't imagine his phone is ringing constantly for exhibitions either.

Quite sad to hear really, surely someone who has been at that level and is still relatively young should get someone like Elliot Rowe in. Could easily get another decade or more of a decent living. No nothing of his personal circumstances obviously.

I think he over achieved relative to his natural talent in that era.  He had a two year window rankings wise which offered him entry into all the big events and benefited from the PL expanding to 10 players from 8.  Ultimately getting so high might have ruined his confidence and chances of bouncing around the top 16-32 for another decade which is probably his natural talent level.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:01:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: