blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 484713 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3510 on: January 07, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »

https://twitter.com/HellsBellsy/status/1214188888136261632?s=20

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: January 18, 2020, 10:34:37 AM »

An interesting read on the PDC Q school:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/51152261
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3512 on: January 18, 2020, 11:52:58 AM »

Same kind of article, this time in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jan/18/q-school-pdc-darts-delusions-chaos-chance-new-life-fallon-sherrock
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: January 18, 2020, 12:25:52 PM »

cheers for posting.   I was tempted to flick the £450 in for lols.   Think i would have been a fav against a few of the fellow 'chancers' who turned up.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 06, 2020, 10:02:37 AM »

https://www.sporcle.com/games/chrishammer180/players-who-have-knocked-phil-taylor-out-of-tv-majors

Great quiz this for dart fans.  Would be amazed if anyone could get the lot.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 05, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »

Shame this thread has seemingly died out, considering the state of darts over the last 12months!

I'm terrible at write ups, but I'll try & put something up for some of the guys I like for the world champs in the next few days.

Who does everyone fancy?
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3516 on: January 05, 2021, 10:51:58 PM »

I quite enjoyed the final. Despite being pretty one sided there was some major twitching and drama in there!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: February 21, 2021, 12:16:00 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMI5Zqi5hHU

one of the best world finals ever.   Jocky did near 95 average over 10 sets in the dark ages with big wired boards.   If anyone is bored during lockdown watch this when darts was super big time on national tv before taylor/sky/Mvg/hearn.   Proper darts.  Jocky finished bristow forever in this final.   He never recovered from the pounding Jocky gave him for me.  Next year Taylor rocked up as a 150/1 rag and won and changed the game forever in 1990.  The general opinion was Taylor finished Bristow but the first five sets of this final finished Eric whilst Phil was still earning peanuts in stoke making toilet chain handles in the pot banks.  Eric then sponsored Phil to give him a retirement income moving forward once he knew his reign was over.

Jocky was a two time world champion (could easily have won more in an era of proper players) when he spent the entire 1980s as a raving alcoholic.  Bristow had won 5 world titles in the 80s going into this but Jocky never cared less about reputations.  Such a loss to the game both of them are already brown bread.   They lived the life in their era no doubt.   How many other multiple world champions can ever say that as a total piss head?  Scary how could he could have been sober.  Jocky won £20k for winning this.   Price got £500k this year for his world title.

ps the best bit about the whole final is the inflatable banana (6 foot style) in the crowd which summed up football fans of that era.   Man City started the inflatable banana  ( i had one as a kid at leicester games) 

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/3/16/how-the-inflatable-banana-almost-saved-football.html#:~:text=In%201987%2C%20a%20Manchester%20City,morphed%20into%20'Imre%20Banana'.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:48:47 AM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: February 21, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMI5Zqi5hHU

one of the best world finals ever.   Jocky did near 95 average over 10 sets in the dark ages with big wired boards.   If anyone is bored during lockdown watch this when darts was super big time on national tv before taylor/sky/Mvg/hearn.   Proper darts.  Jocky finished bristow forever in this final.   He never recovered from the pounding Jocky gave him for me.  Next year Taylor rocked up as a 150/1 rag and won and changed the game forever in 1990.  The general opinion was Taylor finished Bristow but the first five sets of this final finished Eric whilst Phil was still earning peanuts in stoke making toilet chain handles in the pot banks.  Eric then sponsored Phil to give him a retirement income moving forward once he knew his reign was over.

Jocky was a two time world champion (could easily have won more in an era of proper players) when he spent the entire 1980s as a raving alcoholic.  Bristow had won 5 world titles in the 80s going into this but Jocky never cared less about reputations.  Such a loss to the game both of them are already brown bread.   They lived the life in their era no doubt.   How many other multiple world champions can ever say that as a total piss head?  Scary how could he could have been sober.  Jocky won £20k for winning this.   Price got £500k this year for his world title.

ps the best bit about the whole final is the inflatable banana (6 foot style) in the crowd which summed up football fans of that era.   Man City started the inflatable banana  ( i had one as a kid at leicester games)  

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/3/16/how-the-inflatable-banana-almost-saved-football.html#:~:text=In%201987%2C%20a%20Manchester%20City,morphed%20into%20'Imre%20Banana'.

That's a terrific post, such memories.

Completely unrelated, (though from a similar era maybe?) but there was a Piers Morgan "Life Stories" thing featuring Chris Eubank the other night which made for fabulous TV, what a character he is & what a boxer he was. I am not really into boxing, but his big fight with Nigel Benn was the best & most savage boxing match I've ever seen. Do you have any memory of boxing in those days?

I've no idea how he rated as a boxer in global terms, but when it came to a winning pose he was the schizz.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:50:44 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: February 21, 2021, 02:11:12 PM »

Great memories from a great era for British sport.  Late 80s-early 90s across so many sports it was the changing of the guard so to speak from true GOAT contenders

Darts - Bristow to Taylor
Snooker - Davis to Hendry/Class of '92 (Ronnie/Higgins/Williams)
Football - Liverpool to Fergie and Man U

UK athletics was at an all time high for me.   Starting with Cram/Coe/Ovett through to Linford/Jackson/Edwards/Gunnell/Backley among many others.

The Eubank show was great even though i can't stand Piers Morgan.  To answer your question about my first memories of Boxing are from that era.  The very first memory is Barry McGuigan purely because my best mate at junior school came from a boxing family and his dad took him Loftus Road! in 1985 for his world title shot that he won.   The kid never stopped talking about it at school for days after.     After that Bruno v Bugner at White Hart Lane in 1987 is the first fight i can remember watching on Sportsnight i think it was on the bbc.  Following on from that i can remember watching the Eubank Collins fight at University in a hotel when we were playing in the University basketball finals in Cardiff.   That era of UK middle weights was amazing.  Such a different era pre Sky sports.

My first darts memory was watching Bristow Deller final in 1983.   I can still remember exactly where i watched that.   My first snooker memory is the same year and Cliff Thornburn's 147 at the crucible and big Bill coming round from the other table to congratulate him.  Went to my first football match live that year as well which wasn't a bad first one.  Leicester v Liverpool.   Tighty might remember it 3-3 draw some young kid called Lineker scored 2 i think and King Kenny did the same.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:24:10 PM by arbboy » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: February 21, 2021, 03:37:43 PM »

At a slight tangent, I was watching an old documentary about the 1966 World Cup-winning team and Jimmy Greaves was telling the story of Alf Ramsy and his posh accent. "He used to speak like me until he had elocution lessons" said Jimmy, followed by Alf Ramsey speaking during a TV interview.

If you had your eyes closed Alf Ramsey sounded identical to Chris Eubank - they must have gone to the same elocution school.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: March 06, 2021, 03:01:17 PM »

Fella on ITV just called the Ratajski v Razma match an 'ALL Polish and Latvian affair'. Not really sure what the hell that means other than it's a Pole v a Latvian.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: March 07, 2021, 10:18:14 PM »

James wade.   Yet another tv major.  Back in the top 4.  Gets zero respect and he loves it.  Not in the Premier league.  Married to a walk on girl and looks like he is loving life and couldn't care less.   Brutal performance today across three games.  10 tv majors now for him whilst playing across the peaks of the two greatest to ever play the game.   Destroyed the world champ and world number one in the semi.   He will told he had a soft first timer who bounced in the final even though wade averaged 103!  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_UK_Open

Was 66/1 pre event with stan james!  of course i had a bit on!

You will struggle to watch a better 8 hours of darts combined then you did today on itv.  Not sure if itvhub lets you watch it on delay.  If so do watch it.  Every game was top class.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:28:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: March 07, 2021, 10:54:33 PM »

unibet will always be called stan james fwiw!
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: March 08, 2021, 03:34:06 AM »

Lots of games were top draw & I think it shows just how much the field has closed in on the top 4/8 players. Tournys these days feel like quite a few have a chance at winning it, or at least it's not going to be a walk to the final for the 'big' boys
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: