blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272602 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This forum is dying - discuss
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This forum is dying - discuss  (Read 41068 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:43 PM »

Kinboshi is an idiot

Ban

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »

Write something about religion here, to avoid stalemate.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

Lol bloomin Mods

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »

Gotta agree with mantis.  Place always more interesting with a tonne of fighting rather than the current vanilla and generally sycophantic tone to so much of it.

+1

You're so right.

lol, too clever

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »

People who want to debate interesting issues have a forum to do that. People who want to bitch and antagonise can either start their own forum (blonde ranting?) or shout at traffic.

If it's boring, isn't the answer to click that little X symbol in the top right of your computer screen? Read a book, watch Come Dine with Me, write poetry, ring 5Live...

Is it so bad if people are nice to each other? Let's be honest, that isn't what happens all the time on these threads!

QED

sola virtus nobilitat
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »

...in that that was controversial and therefore interesting or that it was bland and therefore has no place on the forum?

Which was the quod to be demonstrandum erat-ed?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: November 27, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »

Discussion and debate is good - it'd be boring if we all agreed on everything all the time.  That's the whole point of a lot of threads and a lot of posts on here and any forum.

It's when it descends into flaming and personal attacks that it's both unappealing and it also indicates when a person has actually lost the argument.

Anyway, I'm off to start a thread about a really fat woman who died trying to get a flight home.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »

Got a rather desperate and pathetic text from nirvana begging me to post something about sov's brekkie on his new diary. Far be it from me to upset an old man with a heart condition so, yeah, sov's fry up was alright looking from what I remember but mine was clearly the best.

Redarmi wisest poster itt by a country mile.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2012, 01:34:47 PM »

Change title to 'This forum is frying - discuss' and get more brekkies on the go.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 27, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »

FYP

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »

+1

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »

Cheesy

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »

People who want to debate interesting issues have a forum to do that. People who want to bitch and antagonise can either start their own forum (blonde ranting?) or shout at traffic.

If it's boring, isn't the answer to click that little X symbol in the top right of your computer screen? Read a book, watch Come Dine with Me, write poetry, ring 5Live...

Is it so bad if people are nice to each other? Let's be honest, that isn't what happens all the time on these threads!

yep that's what I don't get, people proclaiming they saving the forums by either being controversial or annoying as it drives more traffic volume (like they doing blonde a favor). What improves the forums is quality threads about grub and old birds obv...
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 27, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »

Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be.On Blonde or anywhere.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »

Gotta agree with mantis.  Place always more interesting with a tonne of fighting rather than the current vanilla and generally sycophantic tone to so much of it.

I knew a dog once that used to like to watch other dogs fight. He was an all black medium sized spaniel cross with loppy ears and a semi-docked tail. His name, ironically, was Pal.

Pal's elderly owners would often travel with our little group, and it was when we moved on to a camp that was already occupied or when other Gypsies moved on to our camp that Pal would indulge his passion.

In these situations, the incumbent dogs are understandably very territorial, and who can blame them? It's their patch. They were here first. By the same token, the newcomers are pretty reserved and non-confrontational, just like newbies are in any situation. This worked out just fine. For the first few days there was a bit of stiff legged walking around and a fair amount of butt sniffing, and soon they were all one big happy family.

Not when Pal was around though. He used to go charging through the stiff-leg butt sniffing ceremonies at a full stretch gallop, snapping and snarling like a dervish. Then, when the mother of all fights broke out, he would hide beneath his owners wagon to gleefully watch the carnage through the slats of the front steps, or the spokes of a wheel.

This went on for years. Pal caused hundreds of fights without ever really getting involved.

Then one day, while making his customary escape, he was intercepted by a big saluki x greyhound lurcher that had missed the actual fight kick-off by dint of the fact that he was just returning from a coursing expedition with his master.

The contest was brief and decisive. Within less than 30 seconds Pal was in full retreat with his tail firmly between his legs. Screaming like a banshee, he gave us a wonderful demonstration of the Doppler effect as he passed us on his way to the horizon.

Pal didn't return for a couple of days. When he did he was hobbling along, almost unable to walk. His face was a mask of pain and he looked as if he had aged 10 years.

The old couple asked me to examine him and, after tying a handkerchief around his muzzle to prevent him from biting me I began to look him over.

I expected to find a broken limb or a severed tendon, but the truth was, I couldn't see anything obvious. Then I saw what I at first thought to be a burr stuck to the long hair on the underside of his belly. Looking more closely, I was shocked to realise that it was one of his testicles. It had fallen through a ragged hole in his scrotum and was now dangling from a few inches of wizened pipe-work. It looked like a forgotten conker, hanging from a schoolboy's pocket.

After a quick conflab with Pal's owners, I snipped off the outcast cojone, painted the exit hole with a generous dollop of Gypsy horseman's ubiquitous "blue antisceptical" paint, and left him to the whim of the Gods.

After a long, (and presumably somewhat uncomfortable) convalescence, Pal made what was a swings and roundabouts recovery on the important-to-dogs-ometer.

On the minus side, he had lost all interest in chasing girl dogs and fight-starting, but on the plus side, he had added at least two octaves to his vocal range.     

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: