blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:42:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde poker 2012 advent calendar
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde poker 2012 advent calendar  (Read 111648 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »

Great success this year and a sick player/grinder. Made me a few bob too Smiley wp Chris!

Couldn't have aid it better - and a top bloke as well
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2012, 01:38:48 AM »

Great success this year and a sick player/grinder. Made me a few bob too Smiley wp Chris!

Couldn't have aid it better - and a top bloke as well
Quoting for Lolz

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »

Who is behind door number 9?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »

A man from Lincoln joined the forum in 2009. He appeared to be a degenerate. Two flies up a wall? He'd pick one, and back it. He'd hint at stories of a chequered punting past. Sometime in the last 18 months he turned up at DTD, and was on live updates, a larger than life presence like a flat capped Mr Incredible: Milidonk.

His story when he first joined the forum was an interesting one. A career in Intelligence within the Armed forces had led to another job in Civvy street and tales of degeneracy intermingled with what seemed to be an internal struggle as to whether he should grow up or not. Not, appeared to be his conclusion. Then he met someone, settled down, and a kid was on the way....

At the end of March this year he started a betting thread "Buying Shit, the Way of the Nit". 245 pages and 47,000 views on it has grown

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=57248.0

The original post hinted at some changes in his life

"Basically I always buy stuff I want but don't really need and i usually just flick it in without any further thought. With my upcoming life changes, not having time to play poker and generally just punting on anything without rhyme or reason I need to change my ways.

I will be going on spinups to see how much shit i can buy, betting on nothing with odds higher than evs, with the bankroll rolling over until i have enough to buy said item, then starting again onto the next thing. If i bust i will start over or move onto a different item. Selections will basically be whatever comes across my path or just my own little fancies. I wont be waiting forever to find that perfect bet, this is more a case of quelling my degen urges with a low output. "

and what started I think as an idle idea, the type of thread which could easily have withered through lack of effort, has grown into something more permanent as Milidonk and his band of followers, all egged on by Milidonk's hard work, devise various schemes of varying degrees of brilliance and madness to generate funds to buy themselves items on wish lists.

Success has come along the way. Here is the man himself with one purchase from his proceeds from the thread "taken by the missus* with the camera won in this very thread. *missus was not won via this thread."

Click to see full-size image.

and plenty of near misses too

Here is the next target

Click to see full-size image.

It's a terrific thread, with everybody supporting each other, celebrating success and commiserating fairly regularly!

However Milidonk on this forum is not just about this fascinating dichotomy between inveterate punter and newly found sensible family man, with battles between the two playing out in front of us with openness and honesty. He was recently a quizmaster of some disrepute. He can be found on lots of community threads, contributing and enjoying what the forum has to offer. He is found playing comps at DTD.

An all round terrific presence on the forum.

Happy punting in 2013, Milidonk

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 09, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »

Met Millidonk earlier in the year at DTD.  Great character and well deserving of an entry.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »

Scraping the barrell here  Cheesy

N1 Milli, deffo on my beer list.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »

I'm pretty sure this hero is turning up to dtd on 22nd dec dressed as Santa Claus handing out candy to all. I doubt he'll admit to it but he'll be made up with this inclusion. WP big man, here's to a minus 4 figs 2013 and not a minus 5 figs Wink

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »

A truely incredible fella!

I really can't say enough good things about this man! Pretty much makes me cry laughing on a daily basis, and if not laughing then just at his degeneracy!  He is someone who over the last 18 months has grown to be a very good friend with good advice (mostly on punting it off tbf), much morale boosting when required, and is pretty much the work colleague I don't have.

Milli donk and poker could make you cry (no bad beat tales), but as with all the greats and as proven time and time again, he is better when drunk!

Blonde is so much a better place for his involvement, long may his punting and humour continue!

Good work fella

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »

Blonde is so much a better place for his involvement, long may his punting and humour continue!

Good work fella

Ah! The element of surprise
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

Loving the calendar as always, great choices and much congrats too Millidonk.
Love the big fella

Satellite King
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »

Well deserved Mr Milli. And it gives another opportunity to show that picture of you and the table - you look so pleased with yourself.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »

Good choice.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »

Top fella, but doesn't understand the concept of a reverse sheep quiz Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »

Oioiiiiiiiiii. What a nice surprise. Not sure who picks these, but what a great choice! A truly nice guy and a fantastic lover.

Hope to see more people on the N!T thread next year and like me you could also be the proud owner of an exquisite camera, multi gym, mountain bike and extending dining table for less than a deposit on a new house..

In all seriousness, abso made up to be included in the calendar alongside some genuine heroes!

Thank's for all the kind words, much love.

Merry Xmas and have a great 2013.

LOVE BLONDE

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2012, 01:10:12 PM »

Top bloke

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: