blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Your 2012 of poker
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your 2012 of poker  (Read 12217 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »

2012  donked 5 fig br again Sad
Prob lost online
Won live
Super down roulette

Is that you Ali Mallu?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 05:51:19 PM »

Live cash very good.
Live tournaments pretty good though no big score.
Online tournaments awful.
Staking breakeven probs.
Taking pieces in ppl small 4fig loser
Housegames/0ev flops awful.

Overall almost exactly same as last year strangely enough.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »

2012  donked 5 fig br again Sad
Prob lost online
Won live
Super down roulette

Is that you Ali Mallu?
Yes

Just me
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »

Played a lot more than normal this year, started back on line up 1% over 1000+ tournies, but tempered by horrendous bankroll managagement.  Could have grinded $1-$10 MTT's all year with good volume but chose large Sunday shots during the upwswing which meant no playing capital following the downswing, I would say lesson learned but we will see.

Live has been a decent enough year, positive results in local comps and cash, though again marginal.  Managed to play a couple of bigger games, aim for 2013 is to play a Deedstack, UKIPT Edinburgh and GPS Edinburgh at the very least.  Hopefully more.

Biggest disappointment was not getting to Vegas this year....SIGH.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »

Up to April this year i was doing really well for myself both live and online, then seemed to hit a brick wall and encounter a horrible spell (funnily enough this started around the same time i started seeing my current GF - coincidence?!?!) and up until October / Early November had literally 0 confidence when it came to poker. From Mid November onwards confidence has returned and now am playing better then ever, although am still not running too well.

Goals for 2013:
- Become more / maintain confidence
- 5 Figure score (Has eluded me by ~$500)
- Supernova on stars
- $50K+ profits on stars (have a brilliant work ethic now, especially when compared to previous therefore this should easily be achievable unless i hit a monster downswing).
- Improve (Currently receiving online MTT coaching sessions twice a week so hopefully will work out).
- Build my own bankroll (am currently staked and have a v small roll in relation to what games i feel i should be playing)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »

Made £27.5k by the end of March.
Lost £25k of it by a couple of weeks ago.
Bought two books to improve my game.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mental-Game-Poker-Jared-Tendler/dp/0615436137/
and
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1904468942/
Won £17.5k in 3 days.
Then started reading the books. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

Had my best recorded year live with my first 5 figure score.

Didnt play online much at all  *note to self need to rectify this in 2013

More Herbertmob entries than the last year so that must mean I am getting better!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 02:30:56 PM »

Won pkg on stars to ukipt Nottingham cashed for 2£k ,quite pleased with that
Won fk all on line since
Bubbled wsop pkg at dtd very disappointed with that
Went to Vegas played least amount of poker ever , had a good time with mark 147 drinking n hoing
Read an article on here by Keith Hawkins stating that the average rec fish has no chance ,deceided I'm a rec fish ,only play with other rec fish now in a private game n enjoy it and winning a bit now n then !!
Went to eureka main Prague realised I'm deffo a rec fish/ donk ,donked off came home
Going back to my first love now Huh? Drinking
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

finalled my first ever ept, but was 2/7 and finished 7th after trying an "ill-timed" bluff on the CL.
13th in the irish open when 600k euros ftw wasnt fun either. Went vegas for the first time and had a semi deep run in the main.
Played some live cash when the games have been good and its generally gone well.
Online mtt's have gone ok, although its actually been My worst year online since i been pro though with summit like +$200k in mtt's over all sites.
Also reached number 1 in the UK on p5 rankings for the first time ever, and gona finish the year 3rd behind nigdawg and moor,(who are both superior players).
Im currently 4th in the yearly TLB on stars and have about 2 weeks to try and get a little higher ($50k, $40k, $30k, $25k, $20k)

Im looking forward to playing a little more live stuff in 2013, but also still putting in big volume online and improving my game.

happy christmas evry1
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 06:17:20 PM »

Decent year but disappointing at the same time. Worst downswing I've had at the moment online(high 5 figs), so hopefully turn it around soon. Ending the year down online but had a good WSOP with a 3rd place in a $3k so finished up for the year, even after expenses. Really bad online volume too.

Lot's of traveling at the start of 2013, so hopefully win something to fund it. PCA - Aussie Mills - Chinese new year should be draining. Plan to play more online at the same time and keep supernova, which I should make in the next few days. Also need to post more on blonde!

Merry xmas all.
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »

Dissappointing year for me really...

Up about $30K online for the year though I have more than that in makeup at the minute
Mostly avoided playing live but played a few donkaments and managed 1 cash out of 3 or 4 played
Made Supernova for first time
Didn't study enough Sad
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »

Pretty awful year. Played ok in a few games, often pretty dreadful in the past couple of months. Taking a break as baby on the way any time over the next few wks, pretty great timing really to be away from the game. Hopefully will come back a better player, whenever that is. Never really been a great player but feel that lots of leaks have infested my game and despite in previous years of studying, I've become a little lazy.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 07:58:37 PM »

Won pkg on stars to ukipt Nottingham cashed for 2£k ,quite pleased with that
Won fk all on line since
Bubbled wsop pkg at dtd very disappointed with that
Went to Vegas played least amount of poker ever , had a good time with mark 147 drinking n hoing
Read an article on here by Keith Hawkins stating that the average rec fish has no chance ,deceided I'm a rec fish ,only play with other rec fish now in a private game n enjoy it and winning a bit now n then !!
Went to eureka main Prague realised I'm deffo a rec fish/ donk ,donked off came home
Going back to my first love now Huh? Drinking

I dont know you Tony but admire your honesty .....  Food for Thought for Everybody
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »

Cant win on stars : (
 Just under 10k$ up on .fr
 Had a nice touch on last race royal ascot . backed @ 170 laid @ 8 in running : )
 But overall not a great year , lost count how many times i thought it was gonna be an amazing year ( deep runs online me , mega deep runs the boy obv )

Cant wait for Cheltenham Festival now  !

Good luck 2013 everyone
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »

Won my first ever live event, took me long enough but I got there in the end  cupcake
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: