blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  My Personal 2013 Challenge with updates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Personal 2013 Challenge with updates  (Read 26089 times)
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2013, 03:11:33 AM »

I completed run 81 tonight and feeling a bit sore for it, I have had my ups and downs over the last 81 days depending on the time of day I run, what ive had to eat, how much sleep I have had... a lot of little factors that you wouldnt normally think of if you were running just a few times a week. Everyday day does start to take its toll on the body after a while.

anyway enough about that... I have had a little session playing NL5 as I said I would I have been 8 tabling and feel quite comfortable at the level. I have to keep telling myself that this is all part of the learning and that spinning it all up in NL50 or the highest game my roll will let me is not the way forward. I have so far managed to control myself and just stick to the 9 seater nl5.

I have marked a few hands that I will post in the HH to see if I am taking the right line in certain spots. It felt good to be back playing after not playing for the last few months. I have won 3bi over roughly 3500 hands.

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »

Not sure where to start, yesterday I played 3500 hands of 5nl and finished 3bi up... As much as I was trying to convince myself that I am happy with it I cant hide the fact that at this level and this amount of money really doesn't mean anything to me... 1 bi is the equivalent to about £3. Today after losing the 3bi I was up yesterday and a further 4 in some pretty standard spots, set over set, AA v KK, etc. I decided that all sense would go out the window and I would try and spin it up with a bit of ZOOM! 

Fortunately I went on a bit of a run playing 25plo zoom and spun my $25 up to $228.78 (+10 bonus)...

This is where the problem is...  I have done this on numerous occasions spun 25-50 up to anything between 200 - 1000 and always end up spewing the lot away after giving up on a structured plan when I start to run bad. I dont understand how I can be so dedicated, motivated, and disciplined when it comes to physical training yet when it comes to POKER all common sense seems to go out the window.

I am now asking for a bit of help or advice... based on a roll of $238.78 where should I go and what should I do?
a) Try and play some 10nl
b) Go back to playing micro stg and the odd mtt
c) Withdraw it and call it a day :S

I should be happy cause I have spun up nothing to a £150 but I recognize the same mistakes that I always make and dont seem to be learning no matter what I do...

I cant be the only person with this issue on here, can anyone shed any light?

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2013, 09:21:12 AM »

Are you talking about giving it all up as option C?

It all seems to stem from Mental Game issues really.  Having a clear set of goals, knowing the real why of why you want to achieve them, etc.

Great thread on this with Jared contributing that helped me answer some questions, at the time, which I can link you by PM?

Am I on the right track with this or not?  Or are you just not sure on a best path forward and do want to stick with it?  In which case, similar questions need to be answered.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »

Are you talking about giving it all up as option C? Yes

It all seems to stem from Mental Game issues really.  Having a clear set of goals, knowing the real why of why you want to achieve them, etc.

Great thread on this with Jared contributing that helped me answer some questions, at the time, which I can link you by PM? please send

Am I on the right track with this or not? You are on the right track, I do want to continue playing cause I have a passion and love the game, but at the same time I feel that I struggle to play anything lower than 25nl cause I just dont see it as worth my while. If that makes any sense. I need a structured plan that I stick to, and not let the swings effect the plan. I tend to have 1 bad session and then decide to take on the highest limit I can to try and claw the money back that I have lost! :S  Or are you just not sure on a best path forward and do want to stick with it?  In which case, similar questions need to be answered.
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »

Just play to enjoy playing imo, if its a hobby its supposed to be fun.

If you have the disposable income to knock it in occasionally and redeposit then just do that.  Bankroll management, grinding out tiny profits at micro cash etc are all well and fine but they will make playing poker a chore and unless you intend to quit work and rely on it long term theres just no need to do that.

I'm not saying you have to become a losing player, just that you don't have to have a set bankroll that you play within, just use whatever money you have spare/losable at the time and play at levels where it actually means something.

shit @ poker since 1998
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »

I think you make a valid point in the fact that it should be fun and I should be playing as a hobby. I have a decent job that I enjoy to pay the bills etc so if I can make a few extra hundred from time to time playing poker then great, if I lose whatever I have deposited its no big deal cause it was expendable income anyway and its not as if I rely on poker to pay life bills....

That is the new attitude I am going to have towards the game... This being said I have continued to play $25plo zoom today and after giving a little bit back from yesterday I started to run hot again and proceed to run over the tables for a couple of hours. Smiley

I started with $53 4 days ago and now sat with $350.55 lets hope I dont jinx myself and I keep running ridiculously HOT!!! Smiley

I dont think my version of HEM1 has picked up all my hands on the plo zoom table so the graph is seems to be a bit short...
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2013, 10:44:09 AM »

I cant get enough of this plo25 zoom... I seem to be playing super aggro and getting paid off everytime that I have the nuts... I know im just on a heater at the minute and dont expect for one second that its always this easy to crush this game, but long may it continue for the time being.

I have had 6 winning sessions in a row now, they havent been the longest sessions and I have only been playing 1 table while reading blogs on here and other poker related articles so the  volume is such a tiny sample I cant read to much into it. However what I can read is that my starting roll of $53 a few days ago is now a nice tidy.......$481.35

#LOVETHEGAME

Still not sure why HEM is out but not going to worry about it to much...
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »

Dodging the WORLD!!!

PokerStars Zoom Hand #100994886992:  Omaha Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2013/07/05 7:42:54 ET
Table 'Thyestes' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: mugaali ($11.92 in chips)
Seat 2: accaugl ($24.96 in chips)
Seat 3: CFC2012 ($24.79 in chips)
Seat 4: Dnila176 ($30.75 in chips)
Seat 5: bababaubau ($24.20 in chips)
Seat 6: Luiz Carl854 ($26.60 in chips)
accaugl: posts small blind $0.10
CFC2012: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CFC2012 [As ]
Dnila176: raises $0.50 to $0.75
bababaubau: folds
Luiz Carl854: calls $0.75
mugaali: folds
accaugl: raises $2.25 to $3
CFC2012: raises $7 to $10
Dnila176: folds
Luiz Carl854: calls $9.25
accaugl: calls $7
*** FLOP *** [ ]
accaugl: checks
CFC2012: bets $14.79 and is all-in
Luiz Carl854: raises $1.81 to $16.60 and is all-in
accaugl: calls $14.96 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($1.64) returned to Luiz Carl854
*** TURN *** [ ] []
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
accaugl: shows [ ] (two pair, Kings and Fives)
Luiz Carl854: shows [ ] (two pair, Jacks and Fives)
accaugl collected $0.34 from side pot
CFC2012: shows [As ] (two pair, Aces and Fives)
CFC2012 collected $73.12 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $75.46 Main pot $73.12. Side pot $0.34. | Rake $2
Board [ ]
Seat 1: mugaali (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: accaugl (small blind) showed [ ] and won ($0.34) with two pair, Kings and Fives
Seat 3: CFC2012 (big blind) showed [As ] and won ($73.12) with two pair, Aces and Fives
Seat 4: Dnila176 folded before Flop
Seat 5: bababaubau folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Luiz Carl854 showed [ ] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Fives
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »

Lol at the jjq6, kid must love parsley, call 2/5ths of stack pre with a pretty bad hand!
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »

Loving the Parsley Smiley

Another small hour session done... and another winning session Smiley

Incredible that the roll is now $585.38 been a huge few days!! Smiley

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »

Another session down... I have been playing a couple of 1hour sessions a day for the last few days... I find its helping with my concentration and also not allowing me to get into a deep head to head with anyone... I have been loading up 2 tables and leaving when 4-6 buy ins up... I cant believe how crazy the zoom game differs to the normal game.

I have been hitting the world, and really running well. I need to remember this when it turns on me Smiley

Roll up to $684.28 Plus I have $25 in bonus to get but not sure if I should use my FPP's or just let them build up while im running HOT! 

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »

Congrats. make hay whist the sun shines.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »

Tough Session

I caught a case of second best and dropped $100 in the space of about 1500 hands... not to worry though, I knew the swings were quite brutal playing zoom omaha. I had numerous AA against KK or QQ cracked but its to be expected.

I reached the 5000vpp point so I had a $50 bonus to cut the loss in half, I still have to been really happy that I only had $50 a week ago and im still sat with $600+ I would of normally tried to spin it up in a 2/4 game or something silly like that.

I am going to do my daily run and then register for some comps tonight see if I can get a decent sweat!! Smiley

Roll: $634.64
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

Tough Session

I caught a case of second best and dropped $100 in the space of about 1500 hands... not to worry though, I knew the swings were quite brutal playing zoom omaha. I had numerous AA against KK or QQ cracked but its to be expected.

I reached the 5000vpp point so I had a $50 bonus to cut the loss in half, I still have to been really happy that I only had $50 a week ago and im still sat with $600+ I would of normally tried to spin it up in a 2/4 game or something silly like that.

I am going to do my daily run and then register for some comps tonight see if I can get a decent sweat!! Smiley

Roll: $634.64

Good luck mate, what are you playing? I am about to play a few
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: